You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
5turgeon

Has Radio Direction Finding 'Broken' the game

Has Radio Direction Finding 'Broken' the game  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has Radio Direction Finding 'Broken' the game

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you chosen RDF as a skill

• Yes
    • No

18 comments in this topic

28 posts
4,589 battles

No it hasnt. It doesnt show your location on the map it doesnt actually show you up at all. It is just a direction that you are in. It is only all the players who like to hide and invisi fire that would be complaining most because people will know what direction to look  to try and find them.

I find it funny how they complain about it and reckon it has broken the game, but when others complain that HE spamming and fire damage rates are to high these invsi spammers tell them to harden up it is part of the game.

Cant have it all your own way.

112 posts
5,463 battles

Yes it has broken destroyer game-play. It has broken game play that requires skill or thinking.

This mode is shit. If WG want my feedback here it is - it's shit. Heard me now?

1. It causes added stress, without adding excitement
  2. It removes sneakiness, in case you weren't paying attention, that is literally what a DD is for
  3. It removes skill, you can literally be a potato (as in the actual vegetable) with zero map awareness and blunder your way out of dying

I came in with an open mind.

Remove WG - this is arse.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,453 battles

Yes it has broken destroyer game-play. It has broken game play that requires skill or thinking.

2. It removes sneakiness, in case you weren't paying attention, that is literally what a DD is for
  3. It removes skill, you can literally be a potato (as in the actual vegetable) with zero map awareness and blunder your way out of dying

you want the developer to be remove?!

who'll develop wows game then?! EA Games?! :trollface:

362 posts
3,693 battles

No it hasnt. It doesnt show your location on the map it doesnt actually show you up at all. It is just a direction that you are in. It is only all the players who like to hide and invisi fire that would be complaining most because people will know what direction to look  to try and find them.

I find it funny how they complain about it and reckon it has broken the game, but when others complain that HE spamming and fire damage rates are to high these invsi spammers tell them to harden up it is part of the game.

Cant have it all your own way.

yes. I agree with that. Who not happy can rage quit. You have to adept to changes

7 posts
4,204 battles

Had a look at it today being on the receiving end - seems to me it is designed to replicate electronic warfare where the ship is receiving directional based info based on radar or radio transmissions from an 'active' ship. Immediate thought was the ability should only work when : a ships transmits radar or makes a comment to other players as in a radio transmission to the rest of the team.

This would be much better as a module option like radar, hydro etc - direction finding is too much of an advantage and shouldn't even be possible if the ship doesn't have radar or is under radio silence.

Radar, hydro or sonar it should be called, and EW could all be given a shake up - at the moment radar illuminates everything within range with a constant contact for 30 secs etc for all to see - that's not realistic for the ships/time and should be a occasional 'ping' on the map screen every rotation of the aerial - every 2-3 seconds for arguments sake. Sonar another matter altogether, difficult to do anything differently unless some sort of manual aiming involved. EW reactive to radar and sonar - but the game already has this when your are aware you have been detected by radar or hydro.

Plenty to talk about, perhaps I'm getting too in depth - either way Radio Direction doesn't have my vote - hasn't improved the game in fact feels like its worsened the game. I quite liked the commander skills as they were after the last change, not such a fan after this change.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,281 battles

It makes it a lot harder for IJN DDs to play the game, but otherwise it speeds up the end game period where everyone is trying to find that DD or CV. (If Team is left with one DD but winning by Pts, this skill is broken)

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

wa waa waa , stop crying no one cares 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

you want the developer to be remove?!

who'll develop wows game then?! EA Games?! :trollface:

its only no talent dd players who are crying 

203 posts
11,795 battles

its only no talent dd players who are crying 

Wait until you play ANYTHING (That is not CV class ofc) and have a chance to jump on one of enemy ship just to have RL says nope.

Its not just DDs suffer its everyone who tries any kind of surprise attack and happens to be in best position to do so, ie near to the victim at an unexpected angle but the victim happens to have RL.

Sure those who have any sense will find this RL to be just useless since its what they always do in the first place "Predict enemy movement and guess where they are".

The different here is RL does it for you, good bye using your brain "predicting". 

Do you want this to be what WoWS is going to be ?  Credits to http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/21766-wg%E2%80%99s-fallacy/

jZT1mH5.png

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

DD vs DD has changed.

Its a must have for DDs and there's prettty much no sneaking around or surprise attacks.

WG sure doesn't like IJNDDs.