Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Well my choices on captain skills are MUCH easier

22 comments in this topic

[AE]
202 posts
9,508 battles

A lot of talk about "increasing opportunities for different builds", but for me, when I sat there and thought about each type, and how many points I have, it leaves NO opportunity for consideration.

For 1 - 10 skill point captains the only choices for me, on anything other than a carrier are:
1. Priority target ( There is actually nothing else useful - so a massive loss of 1 point BFT - more later)
2. Expert Marksman ( IF you cant bring guns to bare (bear?) quickly you will die. IF playing early ships without turrets you may choose High Alert. I found that I have dropped high alert across the board - and indeed the basics of survivability, so in other words almost all my ships are a little easier to wither down. On other hand, Demo expert may be dropped across the board too, so all round little change)
3. Superintendent. (Extra health and sonar etc across the board. This means if you want a tier 4 skill with less than 13 points you HAVE to drop the previously important basic firing training)
4. Radio location. (Again not much of a choice. Manual AA or Secondaries? Or one extra kilometre concealment? Compared to KNOWING the DD is over there? The big killer for me, is that until I get 14 points, my DD captains will lose their range increase that comes from Advanced firing training. On US DDs this was a no brainer, after all, hitting anything from concealed ranges was bloody hard anyway. For my Russian DD captains its a painful choice. So one or two have lost range until I have 14 points for both radar and range.)

After 4 more points (ie. At 14 points) add either:

Manual fire control for secondaries / Advanced firing training / Manual fire AA / Concealment expert. (Much point in concealment expert? One extra kilometre stealth in a radar/sonar/Radar location world? And an anti AA build in a environment almost purged of carriers vs much more important to kill DDs? Also Manual Control secondaries? 65% less dispersion, when dispersion was already bloody awful, means that if you only had a chance of hitting of about 20%, then arguably you just increased your secondaries chances to about 22-25%. So advanced firing training or manual AA no brainer).

Basically after this change 60 of my 65 ships have the same 4 skills.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

In my opinion, the point of having lower Concealment sometimes help u when you try to retreat to heal or sneaak pass to cap.....

i even put CE on amagi

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Yep,all the new skill tree does is make you choose what you CAN"T have,not what you want.Getting less skills for more points sucks!

Depending on ship I will be dropping HA and BoS as well till I get my points up again.Been testing my Tirpitz right now seeing what I can and can't have right now,and those 2 went.

Also Manual Control secondaries? 65% less dispersion, when dispersion was already bloody awful, means that if you only had a chance of hitting of about 20%, then arguably you just increased your secondaries chances to about 22-25%

I can tell you from the first match I have played having that skill a few minutes ago,it DOES NOT work like that!

If you have 20% secondary module with Man Secs ( 60% on Tirpitz as a T8), you definitely get 80 % or so less dispersion.Once I remembered to actually click on what I wanted them to fire at,the grouping was very tight!

Replay file for the match:

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/27672

Once the Aoba gets close you start to see them in action.

68 posts
3,836 battles

A lot of dilemmas can be found when choosing the new skill tree, my say is to find the right skill to either maximize the ship capabilities or cover up it's weakness or suiting anyone's play style. 

A lot of possible combos to be found in the skill tree but for a casual player like me can't play that much and having enough CO points....

WG...please give less points to train COs until next level and lesser points for retraining COs. XO

411 posts
6,164 battles

In my opinion, the point of having lower Concealment sometimes help u when you try to retreat to heal or sneaak pass to cap.....

i even put CE on amagi

Lower concealment also help BB to counter stealth-fire from cruisers :P

I agree, any bit of concealment is always a welcome... with less detectibility, it's easy to retreat, heal and then come back for more rampage :) I'll in fact, put CE on my Bismarck when I get to 18 pt(16pt now)... it is actually a build I've always wanted after playing the ship(~12km detection range, cruisers beware.. :trollface:), but it was not possible before.
Edited by _TAMAL_

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

A lot of dilemmas can be found when choosing the new skill tree, my say is to find the right skill to either maximize the ship capabilities or cover up it's weakness or suiting anyone's play style. 

A lot of possible combos to be found in the skill tree but for a casual player like me can't play that much and having enough CO points....

WG...please give less points to train COs until next level and lesser points for retraining COs. XO

If you want to muck around with the skill tree before applying it in game,go here:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

Shows how many points as you click on the ones you want,plus has the descriptions as well there.Very handy.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Because a person's play style is more or less identical for a class of ship I guess.

yup.... 

it more common to find 2 diferent set of skill chosen if you compare a same ship from 2 persons than comapare 2 different ship from single person

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

What's wrong with you guys and your obsession to Expert Marksman?

Becuase if you need to fire on a target on the opposite side to where you have them currently pointed,or getting into brawling range you want the turrets swinging as fast as they can.Using rudder helps,but EM helps as well.

Also I usually switch targets regularly as the gameplay needs arise,so anything that gets the guns onto a new target quicker is a must have.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Because a person's play style is more or less identical for a class of ship I guess.

yup.... 

it more common to find 2 diferent set of skill chosen if you compare a same ship from 2 persons than comapare 2 different ship from single person

I find that between me and my brother.His skills for BB and CA/L vary somewhat to mine.And we have different playstyles to so that the skills match up to how we play.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

Radio with Moskva

me : there you are!

enemy : OMG I got located! RUN! I don't cap you cap!

meanwhile me vs DD

me : NO god NO NO PLZ NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *torpedobeat intensified* 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,889 battles

Becuase if you need to fire on a target on the opposite side to where you have them currently pointed,or getting into brawling range you want the turrets swinging as fast as they can.Using rudder helps,but EM helps as well.

Also I usually switch targets regularly as the gameplay needs arise,so anything that gets the guns onto a new target quicker is a must have.

Depends on the ship for me, some ships with less than 25s turret traverse for above 140mm and 18s turret traverse below 140mm doesn't need EM especially if they are a ship who depends on consumables a lot (RN CL)

Would you like to play the Noobmato without EM?

I might be 

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

What is most disappointing is having to chose which is the least worst trait.... its the wrong way around.... How much better it would be if you were genuinely torn which nice trait to take?

563 posts
4,686 battles

Your mind is very short ranged

1 point. PM is more useful than PT on some ship

2 point. AR could potentially gives you BFT bonus on ALL gun caliber, also can give you TAE benefit at. HA can lower BB damecon cooldown to 68s, JOAT combined with flag gives you 10% less cooldown on all consumable. LS is must for DDs, Not only EM is useful you know

3. Superintendent is overall the best, but there's also DE,SE,TAE,VI, all of em also useful

4. RPF? HAHAHAHAHAHA. 

CE,AFT,MAA,MFCSA is way more valuable

18km detection GK, with CE+CSM1=13,8km concealment.

Gneisenau/most German BB or t8+ USN BB with manual AA= up to 300 long range dps=1500 damage greeting aircraft every time they enter your airspace

Kiev 12km range, with AFT=14km+ coupled with 42knot speed? 

Bismarck without MFCSA I barely got anything, with MFCSA I can get up to 50k bot assisted free damage just by ctrl+click

How can RPF has more value than everything I mentioned above?

Sign in to follow this