You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

New Skills and why?

26 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Alright guys, so 0.6.0 has just landed and i'm pretty sure almost everyone like me would like to get your skills set-up right the 1st time. So pls share your prefered skills set-up for each class and nation. I'm in a spot here since i've never tested in PT. :unsure: 

CA - USN - 19 points (New Orleans)

Level 1 - PT - Not much choice here i guess.

Level 2 - HA/EM? - I'm leaning more towards HA for lower RP countdown, 0.7deg reduction for EM does not really help much.

Level 3 - SI/DE? - Prefer DE since i can live with using premium consumables

Level 4 - IFHE/RL/CE? - CE for sure, RL because good for hunting DD

BB - 17 points

Level 1 - DCCA?

Level 2 - EM or AR?

Level 3 - BOS/SI

Level 4 - CE/BFT

DD - 16 points - Benson

Level 1 - PM - -30% reduction in module damage, kinda no brainer here

Level 2 - SSE + LS - pretty useful skills to have

Level 3 - SI - extra smoke

Level 4 - RL + CE - hmmm...RL seems really helpful if i pay enough attention to it + CE 5.8km detection ftw 

CV? Don't really care cos i don't play those but i think the skills are quite obvious and no brainers mostly.

Edit : 1. NO spec

2. Benson spec

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

634 posts
6,217 battles

IFHE is not worth it for calibres 203, 210 or 220mm.

Lower tier russian cruisers with 152mm take the IFHE line

For Akizuki who is in dire need of HE penetration take the IFHE route.

Other DDs ur setup is OK.

But, US AA build DDs may want to take the support line.

Russian DDs may want to take versality line for DE

Endurance line is a general build for any DD line

Edited by TorpedoBeat

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

IFHE is not worth it for calibres 203, 210 or 220mm.

Lower tier russian cruisers with 152mm take the IFHE line

For Akizuki who is in dire need of HE penetration take the IFHE route.

Other DDs ur setup is OK.

But, US AA build DDs may want to take the support line.

Russian DDs may want to take versality line for DE

Endurance line is a general build for any DD line

What about Mogami with 155mm then?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

This prob be my USN DD built (as for now)

Which i have no idea since i never play PT and im not ST :D:D:D

First 10 Points

Preventive Maintenance - 1 

Last Stand - 2

Survivability Expert - 3

Concealment Expert - 4

Another 9 Points 

Radio Location - 4

Superintendent - 3

Smoke Screen Expert - 2

Not really comfortable dropping Vigilance and Basic Firing Training  but guess i have no choice.

Alternative built that i might go for (for Blys may be ?)

First 10 Points

Preventive Maintenance - 1 

Last Stand - 2

Survivability Expert - 3

Concealment Expert - 4

Another 9 Points 

Basic Firing Training - 3

Vigilance - 3

Superintendent - 3

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
908 posts

I dont even know where to start to spec my captains :)

Too many skills. Too many ships/captains. Not enough time to try things out.

Good thing is I heard you can reset skills in 2 weeks time for 1 doubloon a skill. At least you can respec by then after trying out the ships and your first build.

Ill work on my 19 point captains first and spec them properly, then the knowledge and tweaks can expand to the other ships.

1,162 posts

I gonna wait for Flamu's video.

Though I prefer JoAL than HA for lvl2, lowering the radar,hydro,DefAA,smoke,plane CD too. So much utility.Paired with NF flag walla all consumables -10%.

Also is BFT +20% or +10% AA? Patchnote says they will buff it to 20% in PT patchnote but on portal it says +10% , it makes me confuse. (Just currently updating the game)

Edited by RisaFujiyama

331 posts
17,072 battles

I was trolling/ clubbing seals in my albany for the first game in her for a couple of months This is what I picked 13 point captain on her

PM

EM

DE,Vigilance

CE

for the last 6

PT, HA,BoS or RL and HA

563 posts
4,686 battles

My Russian Cruiser build

PT,EM,SI,CE,DE,AFT,HA/JOAT

Does Preventive Maintenance also reduce the chances of AA and Secondary guns to be destroyed? Any1 pls gib me answer..

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Does Preventive Maintenance also reduce the chances of AA and Secondary guns to be destroyed? Any1 pls gib me answer..

From what I've heard it only effects modules that can be incapacitated.

I.e. main guns, torpedo launchers, engine and rudder.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

For those who missed it from the DCCA thread:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/21897-is-dcca-still-worth-it-for-battleships/page__pid__282938#entry282938

Yo wait, does Preventative Maintenance affect stuff like the AA guns? Can't seem to find anything on it...

[–]Sub_Octavian 11 points 7 hours ago 

Nope) AA guns and Secondaries cannot be temporarily broken. They are either functional, or destroyed completely.

PM doesn't work on AA or Secondary mounts,so if thats what you want it for on a BB or Cruiser don't worry about it.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

I gonna wait for Flamu's video.

Though I prefer JoAL than HA for lvl2, lowering the radar,hydro,DefAA,smoke,plane CD too. So much utility.Paired with NF flag walla all consumables -10%.

Also is BFT +20% or +10% AA? Patchnote says they will buff it to 20% in PT patchnote but on portal it says +10% , it makes me confuse. (Just currently updating the game)

According to the in game info BFT is:

-10% reload of main guns up to 139mm and all secondary guns

+20% damage per second of AA guns

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

For those who missed it from the DCCA thread:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/21897-is-dcca-still-worth-it-for-battleships/page__pid__282938#entry282938

PM doesn't work on AA or Secondary mounts,so if thats what you want it for on a BB or Cruiser don't worry about it.

CA BB worry about main battery

DD worry about Torp barrels, engine, stearing gear

Edited by MatterCore

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

CA BB worry about main battery

DD worry about Torp barrels, engine, stearing gear

In approx 4000 games or so across my NA and ASIA accounts I think I have lost a main turret maybe 3 or 4 times on a BB.And 'maybe' one of those in with a German BB while brawling.So I don't consider PM a must have on that account.

Cruiser I have also rarely lost main turrets so also a non issue for me there as well.

Although while setting up my cruiser and BB last night I have been using PM on anything I didn't need/want DCCA on though since I don't like any of the other T1 skills.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Dude if you are a radar cruiser or smoker DD or any ship that heavily rely on consumables get Jack of all Trade. If you take SI but not JoaT I hope you have a better choice than Expert Marksman

326 posts
10,519 battles

After running so much test, reset and config, finally I'm satisfied with my new captain build skill. 

It's great when you have 19 skill pints in your captain. This is my captain skill build so far.

For my USN DD line and Atlanta (19 points build):

EFQTVlgl.jpg

For Tier 1 skill : 
a. Situation of Awareness - So you can know how many people how many people want take a bit of you & you know what to do when people seeing you using loli ships.
b. Preventive Maintenance - For better technician in ur ship, so your ship enjoy more bang.

For Tier 2 skill :
a. Last Stand - So you can fight or run from the battlefield with your ship half sunk. 
(You can go for Expert Marksmen if if you want, but since WD40 made in USA, so you don't have to worried about ur turret being lazy. So you got "Expert Marksmen" in ur ships for Free of Charge")

For Tier 3 skill:
a. Basic Fire Training - For faster reload with extra AA range for no obvious reason.
or
b. Superintendent - So you get extra NOS boost and Smoke Grenade for ninja vanish.

For Tier 4 skill, (this is where the fun start) take
a. Inertia Fuse (a.k.a HEAP) - So you can make ur enemy become more tasty with your salt and pepper while watching them burn to death cook. 
b. Advance fire training - Extra range for ur guns and AA , so ur enemy getting more saltier than before.
c. Concealment Expert - Do I need to explain this too?

Anyway for USN DD or Cruiser lineup,  with only 14 captain skill point, you already get a strong build for ur ships.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my KMF battleships (19 points build)

Since I'm more to brawling and mid range gun fight, endurance is a must. Here is my build:

NTcG24ml.jpg
For Tier 1 skill: 
a. Situation of Awareness - Because you're a the badass, you need to know how many fans  of yours out there notice ur arrival.

For tier 2 skill:
a. High Alert - So you can get hire more mechanic and fireman to deal ur ships damage.
b. Expert Marksmen - Because you're the badass, so get urself a better gun & aim.

For tier 3 skill, take:
a. Basics of Survivability - Because you're the badass, no obvious reason for this.
b. Vigilance - Since you're badass , probably some metal fishes wanna have a look of your awesomeness.

For tier 4 skill, take:
a. Advance Fire Training - Because you're the badass, you need extra range for ur guns.
b. Manual Secondaries - Get urself an Atlanta for Free of Charge.

Edited by ArchKongou