You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
deathrides

Fire prevention skill Is it ?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,349 battles

With the new fire prevention skill reducing tha maximum number of fires is obvious but the 10 % reduction to risk (with the increased cost of this skill) is this now an absolute or is it like the old system where it is a 10% reduction of the incoming ships chance to cause fire ie: if the ship shooting at you has a 10 % chance of fire on target the reality of this is its reduced to 9 %

Super Tester
1,310 posts

iirc yes...

but remember

each ship has their own fire reduction chance (just like each ship has their own torp protection value)

and IIRC, dev(sub_octavian?) mentioned that ship fire reduction chance is up to 50% at tier 10(all tier 10 or some tier 10 ship? i dont really know)

for example : myoko has like around 30%? (i kinda forgot) fire reduction

add module + 5% and fire prefention skill +10%. it boosted the total fire risk reduction to 45%

so if enemy has 10% fire chance.

the enemy fire chance reducted to 6.5%.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

iirc yes...

but remember

each ship has their own fire reduction chance (just like each ship has their own torp protection value)

and IIRC, dev(sub_octavian?) mentioned that ship fire reduction chance is up to 50% at tier 10(all tier 10 or some tier 10 ship? i dont really know)

for example : myoko has like around 30%? (i kinda forgot) fire reduction

add module + 5% and fire prefention skill +10%. it boosted the total fire risk reduction to 45%

so if enemy has 10% fire chance.

the enemy fire chance reducted to 6.5%.

No.

Fire Chance = [Fire Resistance Coefficient] x ( 1 - [Damage Control Modification 1] - [Fire Prevention] ) x ( [Projectile Base Fire Chance] + [Demolition Expert] + [signals] )

Calculating only Myoko's fire resistance:

Assuming Myoko's base fire resistance is 30%, ergo 0.7 coefficient

0.7 * (1- 0.05 - 0.1) = 0.595

Multiply it against the enemy's fire chance:

assuming all of enemy's modifiers already applied to get 10%

0.595 * 0.1 = 0.0595

5.95% fire chance

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,349 battles

ok thanks I understand , your answer has been very helpful. it is not an absolute but a part of the formula it does raise 2 other questions

1/ I believed the module damage control 1 was an absolute is this not the case ?

2/ where do you find the stats for fire resistance as you are using myoko 30% example ?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

ok

amade give more accurate calculation

ok thanks I understand , your answer has been very helpful. it is not an absolute but a part of the formula it does raise 2 other questions

1/ I believed the module damage control 1 was an absolute is this not the case ?

2/ where do you find the stats for fire resistance as you are using myoko 30% example ?

its hidden stat.

but it was told, in patch note long time ago when dev nerf myoko fire resistance and buff mogami fire resistance a bit. (i kinda forgot the exact number, but it was around that number iirc. it was in the same patch where dev nerf mogami 155mm turret hp, before they buffed it back in global turret hp buff)

and about 50% resistance for tier 10(some tier 10?) ship. it was mentioned by sub_octavian in reddit IIRC.

Edited by ReNation