Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

terrible luck with torpedo

23 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles

oh a nice big slow bb, stealth torp........and the player turn away

this guy didnt spot me sit in smoke let me torp him..nothing hits

even not detected no one can see my torp everyone just turns away like they can sense im sending torps

given up playing torp boats for good..sigh

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles

whats the point playing with bots lol

also forget that for some reason cv like to chase me around and this make me can't torp anyone lol i go left cv send planes to left i go right cv go right..even i ran to other side surely cv will send planes there..i dont even understand why lol

but sometimes i play leningrad or blys i just let go the torps to stop ships from advancing not expecting them to hit but they hit lol

just very mysterious thing lol

191 posts
10,640 battles

I can still hit people with Shimakaze's 20km torps :P But of course depending on luck. Usually I predict where ships might go/turn later instead of relying on the torpedo aim assist

753 posts
8,965 battles

It all depends on the situation and therefore the spread you use. 

Never fire at a BB moving away from you.

If BB is being shot by team mates then expect him to WASD after you have fired.

Never fire main guns at a BB after you have released torps, I have seen this many times.

Situational awareness is important ie. Is the BB near the edge of the map or an Island meaning he may WASD.

Know your torp speed.

As for the torp spread I use during certain situations, I'm not telling here in order to not educate BB players. :P

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Those level one easy campaigns that have torp requirements - i soon realized i got no chance of completion.

Edit: was thinking i might give it another go when i do british cruisers

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

perfectly explains why IJN DD are trashes :D

:izmena: not all IJN DD is trash. :tea_cap:

whats the point playing with bots lol

You underestimate them. BOT dodge torp better than some players

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

You need exteremely good skills and tactics on playing torp boat. You need to know the stats of torpedo first.

Torps detection
Torps Range
Torps speed
Torps Damage

Do take note Planes can spot your torpedoes too.. Angle of torping. Broadside ship is better. Ships turning away from u is the most not recommended to torp. Captain skills help too. Torps acceleration. Sacrifice speed for range but it was better that way sometimes

You can carry the game in an IJN DD after all. Its better to play on a trashy ship and be good at it rather than playing the OP ship didgy dodgy. :D

But for now. Learn how to counter RPF first. Then can learn on torping. Most Gunboats take RPF and hunts u down. Since u re likely to detect them first. With that skills. Gunboat can know where are you and Rush towards you and do some damage

Concealment now is practically just 50/50

dpLLryL.jpg

Edited by Safiuddin97

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

You need exteremely good skills and tactics on playing torp boat. You need to know the stats of torpedo first.

Torps detection

Torps Range

Torps speed

Torps Damage

Do take note Planes can spot your torpedoes too.. Angle of torping. Broadside ship is better. Ships turning away from u is the most not recommended to torp. Captain skills help too. Torps acceleration. Sacrifice speed for range but it was better that way sometimes

You can carry the game in an IJN DD after all. Its better to play on a trashy ship and be good at it rather than playing the OP ship didgy dodgy. :D

But for now. Learn how to counter RPF first. Then can learn on torping. Most Gunboats take RPF and hunts u down. Since u re likely to detect them first. With that skills. Gunboat can know where are you and Rush towards you and do some damage

Concealment now is practically just 50/50

dpLLryL.jpg

Ofcourse IJN DD can do good

when USN DD arent in the match

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Ofcourse IJN DD can do good

when USN DD arent in the match

Hahahaha or if usn dd dies start of the game  

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Does everyone have problems with plane torpedoes missing?

Of course.... ships can see the planes coming and turn towards them - they have missed even before dropping the torps. I saw the cv player on YouTube.... he did not drop at first opportunity, he circle the ship first, then ship don't know when he will drop.... get them at least 1 hit every time, amazing, but required allot of hand holding of the torp bombers, so, if the cv player has allot of things needing attention, then he cannot easily do that, and that's the problem.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Does everyone have problems with plane torpedoes missing?

Have you tried Manual dropping... I mean we're talking about Torpedo bombers on CVs right?

Back to the topic :- 

I bought Hatsu.. gave it all the captain skills it needed... (saying I'm a noob with torpedo boats) missed all my torps... tried staying concealed all the times... fed up being coward... Sold Hatsu., changed captains skills and retrained my captain for Izumo... happy using a BB...

Idk why people say now IJN DDs are gun boats... anything that has reload above 7secs is a Cruiser... and not a gun boat that is for sure.. only Akizuki is a gunboat...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Sign in to follow this