You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

Is DCCA still worth it for Battleships?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is DCCA worth it on battleships?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only after getting other core skills
    • No
  2. 2. Which T1 skill to pick first for the USN battleships?

• Priority Target
    • Preventive Maintenance
    • Expert Loader
    • Direction Center for Catapult
    • Incoming Fire Alert
  3. 3. Which T1 skill to pick first for the IJN battleships?

• Priority Target
    • Preventive Maintenance
    • Expert Loader
    • Direction Center for Catapult
    • Incoming Fire Alert

23 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

As you guys may have know it, the catapult fighter's duration has been nerfed. The duration was nerfed to 60s in PT, but the nerf is dialed back a bit to 90s in the upcoming live version. So, what do you guys think about the Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft skill. It is worth it on battleships?

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

On the recent PTS I tested a Montana with dual fighters. It took 25 seconds to get both fighters in the air and circling. So a 90-second duration is really only 65 seconds of effective fighter cover. Still useful against air attack or imminent torpedoes, but not a must-have.

I'm curious about Preventative Maintenance. Does it reduce the chance of AA guns being knocked out? Or does it only affect actual "incapacitations" (main armaments, engine, rudder)?

10 posts
1 battles

On the recent PTS I tested a Montana with dual fighters. It took 25 seconds to get both fighters in the air and circling. So a 90-second duration is really only 65 seconds of effective fighter cover. Still useful against air attack or imminent torpedoes, but not a must-have.

I'm curious about Preventative Maintenance. Does it reduce the chance of AA guns being knocked out? Or does it only affect actual "incapacitations" (main armaments, engine, rudder)?

I think it gives you 30% protection on all modules, including secondaries and AA mounts.

381 posts
9,957 battles

imo even with the 25s take-off time, it's still worth taking. Might not prevent the initial airstrike but will help a lot against the successive DoT stack wave.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

I think it gives you 30% protection on all modules, including secondaries and AA mounts.

If that's the case, then it might be the better choice for any battleship with decent AA.

imo even with the 25s take-off time, it's still worth taking. Might not prevent the initial airstrike but will help a lot against the successive DoT stack wave.

Yeah, and you'll still get the first plane in the air immediately.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

It will be a better hydro? Ofc you take that there's no reason to take other skill even PM 

Hmm, that's debatable. It might not be a better hydro for the reasons below:

1. They are slightly less reliable b/c planes must be near the spotting target.
  2. They can't see what's inside the smoke
  3. They can be partially neutralized by ship with decent AA or enemy fighters

Also, this skill is useless for newer players with low-tier ships since they can't launch planes. Decisions...Decisions....

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

The current one is already a better hydro in terms of spotting torps and something behind the island, sure it can be shut down but the fact you can have free spotting slave for yourself is pretty good. 

Also yeah it is a useless skill in early tier BB but really I don't think there's other skill to take at t1, think of it as future investment

Edited by Vio_Strygun

1,841 posts
8,101 battles

As you guys may have know it, the catapult fighter's duration has been nerfed. The duration was nerfed to 60s in PT, but the nerf is dialed back a bit to 90s in the upcoming live version. So, what do you guys think about the Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft skill. It is worth it on battleships?

Premium BBs will not be affected by the nerfs however

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Dev response on Preventative Maintenance:

[quote name=

Q. Yo wait, does Preventative Maintenance affect stuff like the AA guns? Can't seem to find anything on it...

A. Nope) AA guns and Secondaries cannot be temporarily broken. They are either functional, or destroyed completely.

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,234 battles

Premium BBs will not be affected by the nerfs however

Checked my Scharnhorst the "nerf" is in place lol

Worth mentioning the CD is also reduced, so it's 90s uptime with 120s CD for premium fighter. If it was 60s, it is clearly a nerf, but for now, very debatable. Felt now it is changed to more like a hydro then fire this consumable brainlessly on cooldown once in engagement thing.

Definitely a nerf from the perspective of cost since running premium fighters is much more useful than before.

I would still pick DCCS over all the other T1 skills first though. The only other candidate I would even consider is PM, and that is when the BB does not have fighters to begin with.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Dev response on Preventative Maintenance:

So the one skill BB players would probably take out of the crap at T1 unless you can mount fighters is a waste anyway?The whole point of it would be to enhance your AA/Secs survivability.

Nice T1 skill setup WG!

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,435 battles

hmmm.. really no useful skill for BBs

they've move put all the useful ones and left these crap skills 

how can we just skip Tier 1 skill ?! :trollface:

can aslan make a mode for skip tier 1 skill please :hiding:

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

hmmm.. really no useful skill for BBs

they've move put all the useful ones and left these crap skills 

how can we just skip Tier 1 skill ?! :trollface:

can aslan make a mode for skip tier 1 skill please :hiding:

+1 I just started the game up now,looking at my Tirptiz and trying to decide which of the T1 skills to start off with!

Does anyone know what 'modules' actually covers?I might just pick DCCA till I know what PM will work with I think.

Edited by BanditSE1977

17 posts
10,526 battles

+1 I just started the game up now,looking at my Tirptiz and trying to decide which of the T1 skills to start off with!

Does anyone know what 'modules' actually covers?I might just pick DCCA till I know what PM will work with I think.

I will still pick DCCA for my Tirpitz as T1 skill. Well Preventive Maintenance still useful like a torpedo hit ur belly your engine wont get knocked out or rudder knocked out or main guns and torp tubes get disabled.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

I will still pick DCCA for my Tirpitz as T1 skill. Well Preventive Maintenance still useful like a torpedo hit ur belly your engine wont get knocked out or rudder knocked out or main guns and torp tubes get disabled.

Yeah,I took DCCA for now,just ran a couple of PvE matches but didn't really get to see how it worked.

Thanks for letting me know what PM would actually affect.Will come in handy for cruisers it looks like.I might test it for a while on a German BB with torps to see if they last longer in close quarters .

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,435 battles

hmm, so PM kinda useless for BBs at all, CA/CLs and DD will need 'em though

so all that's left is DCCS??!!!!! OMG :ohmy:

hope we can use that 1db skill reset discount

17 posts
10,526 battles

hmm, so PM kinda useless for BBs at all, CA/CLs and DD will need 'em though

so all that's left is DCCS??!!!!! OMG :ohmy:

hope we can use that 1db skill reset discount

Lol do you even read what I have posted..

Yeah,I took DCCA for now,just ran a couple of PvE matches but didn't really get to see how it worked.

Thanks for letting me know what PM would actually affect.Will come in handy for cruisers it looks like.I might test it for a while on a German BB with torps to see if they last longer in close quarters .

Well it's 30% chance won't get knocked out though, still a big chance it will get knocked out. :P

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,435 battles

Lol do you even read what I have posted..

Well it's 30% chance won't get knocked out though, still a big chance it will get knocked out. :P

Disable torps tube is hardly my concern as it doesnt happened often for BB

and BBs rudder rarely get knocked out

1,162 posts

Since I dont want to create another thread about DCCA, I need a quick answer.

I got a perth, if you run DCCA you will get 2 planes right?

I usually runs spotter plane. So if one of my spotter plane were shot down, does the skill remaining active with one spotter only? or both spotter need to be airborne?

Dont want to waste my doubloon. :/

411 posts
6,164 battles

I took PM in my Bismarck and exchanged MAM1 with Aux. Armament Mod 1(-30% risk of module incapacitation in exchange for -20% from MAM1 and adding +100% survibability to AA & secondaries)

Edited by _TAMAL_