You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMASSydney

Graf Spee Premium Package

24 comments in this topic

17 posts

Hi

I noticed there are different types of premium packages for the Graf Spee on the wow website. I was just curious to know if the packages include a packet of  "I'm a gutless wonder" pills with the deal. I would say about 90% of the battles I join that include a Graf Spee in them, you will see the Graf Spee hiding behind an island shooting. I won't go on anymore, because hiding behind islands has probably been discussed a million times on here.

17 posts

Like I said, it has probably been discussed a million times. I just find the games more boring when people are hiding behind islands. I think it lets your own team down also when team mates are hiding behind islands and not playing as a team.

7 posts
4,374 battles

What exactly does those Graf Spee premium packages have anything to do with ships hiding behind islands?

There is a way to get Graf Spee for free, those premium packages simply allow players to get them earlier.

17 posts

What exactly does those Graf Spee premium packages have anything to do with ships hiding behind islands?

There is a way to get Graf Spee for free, those premium packages simply allow players to get them earlier.

​It was meant to be a "tongue in cheek" question about what is included in the package... The shooting from behind islands is obviously a touchy subject and maybe I shouldn't have gone there. I just think the game would be more enjoyable if people played this game more as a team, instead of leaving a good formation and running off hiding.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I noticed the Graf Spee packages, but what i wondered about that was .... why would i pay a hundred dollars for one ship when i could take that hundred dollars and buy any top rated brand spanking new entire computer game?????

Another question.... do you think the developer resources invested to make the Graf Spee Ship is anywhere equal to the developer resources invested in a complete entire new computer game?

Nothing wrong with a battleship hiding behind an island unless he keeps doing it when his team has started a push.... then in that case he is a %@%$#&
Edited by Sy_dn_ey

268 posts
6,381 battles

I noticed the Graf Spee packages, but what i wondered about that was .... why would i pay a hundred dollars for one ship when i could take that hundred dollars and buy any top rated brand spanking new entire computer game?????

Another question.... do you think the developer resources invested to make the Graf Spee Ship is anywhere equal to the developer resources invested in a complete entire new computer game?

Nothing wrong with a battleship hiding behind an island unless he keeps doing it when his team has started a push.... then in that case he is a %@%$#&

That's the $100 question isn't it?

I'll shell out $30-$35 for a ship (eg. Perth, Arizona) but $100 for a package?  No way.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

That's the $100 question isn't it?

I'll shell out $30-$35 for a ship (eg. Perth, Arizona) but $100 for a package?  No way.

Even with $30 dollars, i am starting to look at other games on Steam rather than buying one ship in one game...... but i suppose from WOW's perspective, with very little developer investment needed, if a fool and their money are willing to be parted, hey, why not take it?!!

Edit: If i had not spent any other money on the game, and that $100 dollars gives all the good things in the game, long premium account, enough doubloons to buy most if not all premium ships.... then its like buying the entire game for $100:00, in that case its looking more competative when measured against any other top computer game you could buy

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

.......$100 dollars gives all the good things in the game, long premium account, enough doubloons to buy most if not all premium ships.... 

Now that's some creative accounting right there that is.

17 posts

So stay in the lemming train? :P

​I can't remember where I said the good formation was blindly running into danger.
Edited by HMASSydney

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Now that's some creative accounting right there that is.

No, what i mean is, usually when you go out and buy a new game, (most new games around 80 bucks in Australia), you get the full complete game.... If WOW was packaged into a full game with all the premium ships, everything, how would it stack up price wise as a game on the shelf next to all the other games? "Lets see *shopper looking at games*.... that one looks nice, 80 bucks, this one over here, 40 bucks, nice, oh whats this navy one, three hundred bucks??? PASS"

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

​I can't remember where I said the good formation was blindly running into danger.

Why does that statement make my memory flash all the real life naval blunder stories?? lol

440 posts
3,379 battles

No, what i mean is, usually when you go out and buy a new game, (most new games around 80 bucks in Australia), you get the full complete game.... If WOW was packaged into a full game with all the premium ships, everything, how would it stack up price wise as a game on the shelf next to all the other games? "Lets see *shopper looking at games*.... that one looks nice, 80 bucks, this one over here, 40 bucks, nice, oh whats this navy one, three hundred bucks??? PASS"

but then again WoWs is a multiplayer game, and game developers when making a multiplayer game they usually make it as a money maker. Where singleplayer games are complete packages (with a few DLCs probably) developers would intentionally make multiplayer games be filled with things you can purchase since multiplayer games are endless so you won't get bored of it while singleplayer games can have an end story or you'll be bored of it with no new things and their DLCs are mostly just small add-ons.

892 posts
7,853 battles

My dear Sir, I take personal offense on any remarks about hiding behind islands! ... sorry, just kidding...

Now that I have your attention, depending on the ship type, hiding behind islands is the way to contribute towards the team and battle objectives ala Atlanta and/or British CLs. If these ships were to sail in the open (with the L. train), the likelihood of getting sunk expediently, increases exponentially, which in my books, is not contributing to the team effort.

On the subject of the AGS, I've played a few battles in her thus far to complete the few Santa Convoy tasks and I have found her to be a capable ship. Hiding behind islands is not something I would do with the AGS. Perhaps for a wallet warrior?

268 posts
6,381 battles

There's a well-known correlation between being a wallet warrior and hiding behind islands.

My theory is that people don't want to scratch their ships that they've just forked out their hard earned on - much like you don't want your new car scratched...

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

agree , people do this stupid tactic in all ships 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

agree , people do this stupid tactic in all ships 

Had a Kuma trying to do that on New Dawn in the middle of B cap last year.Every time they poked their nose out I took a shot at them.Despite regularly hitting them they kept doing it till I sunk them!

I have no idea what they were trying to do either as I don't think they took many shots at our team while hiding there.

1,487 posts

Greetings

I personally do not have any problem forking out money for a premium ship (except for DDs which I HATE!!), as it helps pay the WG staff, so then they feel more inclined to make more new ships become available, & they get to feed their families too.

Granted, I cannot afford to pay $100 +, bit some people can, & I don't begrudge that, as I am sure the packages like that may well be worth it with the extras.

If you don't want to spend money, that is ok too, & is catered for, with the vast majority of ships being free anyway....

I suppose we can view the game as a sponge cake, would you just like the sponge, or do you want cream & fruit added? I personally Like the lot (except delete all the DDs, we don't need those)

Hiding Behind the islands, as the others say is a valid tactic, only an idiot goes out in full view of the enemy, to attempt to take on the whole fleet by him or herself...  That's what the islands are there for, the only map without islands is ocean (thank RNGesus we don't see that map much anymore) it's the hiding behind islands what makes it fun, because you have to go & hunt the bugger out.. I had a wonderful game yesterday doing that in my Konig...

Joining a lemming train is just stupid, I avoid them whenever possible.... They always get picked off, we lose most of the fleet, or some smart DD goes & caps & it's all over..

I'm currently trying to better my gameplay even more (well, after I work out these new captain skills, which has stuffed up my playstyle a bit lol), I find watching videos, like notsers videos very educational, so I am trying out new concepts... So far I am learning angling a lot more, & suddenly Dunkerque is not as bad... & destroying an Izumo in my Scharnhorst felt great.

:medal:

Anyway, there's my 2 cents

Ordrazz