You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Origenes

About a op "Mod"

9 comments in this topic

1 post
3,798 battles

Recently, I have observed during my gameplays that it is more difficult to hit enemy ships comparing with one or two months ago both using main batteries and torps. Also, when I sail in a straight line, I constantly get punished even the closest battleship is 20km away (of course it should happen). Until I saw the following video, I thought it was because people play this game better.

Here is the address of the video:

I do not think this mod should be allowed in gameplays, especially in PvP. Some may say that aiming assistant is not effective because we could dodge the incoming shells if playing carefully enough and also expert players shoot very accurately. However, I think if a newbie uses this mod, he/she could aim as good as seasoned players, for those who have just started and do not use this mod, it is simply unfair. Also, the mod can show the user where the incoming shells will land exactly. This feature makes the users extremely difficult to hit. And they can see enemy torps from the time they are sent, or in other words, they are almost impossible to be torped. Well, you know, long range torps are a very important for destroyers.

I think this mod is really op and it is actually kind of cheating but I am not sure how do you think. Also, I want to know the board's opinion towards this.

295 posts
6,613 battles

is this mod still working? this video was uploaded 5 months ago, and if i still remember correctly this mod already fixed/banned, but i'm not sure which aim assist mod, since there might be more than one 

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

It is definitely a cheat, and is disallowed.

The problem is , these smart buggers change the way they code the mod to make it harder to detect by WG.

After a while WG discover the secret and it gets neutralized until the mod makers make a way for it to work again.

It's been going on for a while.

But, as Teostra said, i think that WG might have actually eliminated the code that the mod access's to make it work, meaning i'm not sure it works anymore.

TL,DR: i dont think the mod works anymore.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

It's a cheat.
Gunnery skills is a key to playing surface ships well, if that's all done by the aimbot, I'd say it's no longer fun playing.
Srsly I don't see any point of cheating in this game, as it isn't much of a competitive game. Cuz every ship is OP/UP/Pay2Win and stuff. It's a relaxing game just for fun.
BTW I just randomly looked up a forum basically for Mainland China server and it seem that two types of aimbot exists and both are working now. And they are thriving in the Mainland China server. One can be detected and the other one currently can't.

(WG directly runs ASIA/NA/EU/RU/KR, but Mainland China server is run by "Kongzhong Net". WG-run servers punish illegal mods, but it seem that "Kongzhong Net" doesn't do anything to them.)
I'm not posting their names here to avoid letting these illegal mods spread.

Edited by _Halcyon

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If you find illegal mods that you think actually work - raise a ticket with support (you'll get the generic thank you email in reply and that's all).

Support will pass them onto the developers to investigate and lock down whatever loophole is being used.

The one in the link above gets watched by the devs closely as it has been around for a while, everytime they find a loophole the devs lock it down again.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,422 battles

is this mod still working? this video was uploaded 5 months ago, and if i still remember correctly this mod already fixed/banned, but i'm not sure which aim assist mod, since there might be more than one 

Recently, I have observed during my gameplays that it is more difficult to hit enemy ships comparing with one or two months ago both using main batteries and torps. Also, when I sail in a straight line, I constantly get punished even the closest battleship is 20km away (of course it should happen). Until I saw the following video, I thought it was because people play this game better.

Here is the address of the video:

I do not think this mod should be allowed in gameplays, especially in PvP. Some may say that aiming assistant is not effective because we could dodge the incoming shells if playing carefully enough and also expert players shoot very accurately. However, I think if a newbie uses this mod, he/she could aim as good as seasoned players, for those who have just started and do not use this mod, it is simply unfair. Also, the mod can show the user where the incoming shells will land exactly. This feature makes the users extremely difficult to hit. And they can see enemy torps from the time they are sent, or in other words, they are almost impossible to be torped. Well, you know, long range torps are a very important for destroyers.

I think this mod is really op and it is actually kind of cheating but I am not sure how do you think. Also, I want to know the board's opinion towards this.

Such mod were reported and caught users are banned.

afaik this company stopped making WoWs hacks in 2016.

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

They used to promote it on their website, after the changes were made to WOWS they stopped promoting it so AFAIK it's no longer working. If at this stage if you are getting wrecked by other players then you should stop sailing broadside to the opposing team.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

doesn't  stop people adding more mods that do basically the same thing 
Edited by kongman