You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

World of Warships the Current State of Cruisers (Video)

11 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Zoup released another video about the state of cruisers and he does bring up some interesting point. He actually used 2 weeks statistics this time :trollface:
The video is quite long but I'll compress it down to a sentence or two.
'As of the moment high tier USN cruisers are underpowered, even the so called 'best' tier 10 cruiser (Des Moines); they both have a low W/R and average damage. Russian and RN cruisers are the best (statistically)
I won't comment on the matter because if I say anything, I will have a bunch of people to tell me to go back to NA.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Zoup released another video about the state of cruisers and he does bring up some interesting point. He actually used 2 weeks statistics this time :trollface:

The video is quite long but I'll compress it down to a sentence or two.

'As of the moment high tier USN cruisers are underpowered, even the so called 'best' tier 10 cruiser (Des Moines); they both have a low W/R and average damage. Russian and RN cruisers are the best (statistically)

I won't comment on the matter because if I say anything, I will have a bunch of people to tell me to go back to NA.

The only USN cruiser which is underpowered is the Baltimore. Don't have the Des Moines.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

The only USN cruiser which is underpowered is the Baltimore. Don't have the Des Moines.

so you're saying pepsicola is on par with other...

40 posts
2,588 battles

DM has high skill floor but much deadlier in the hands of a good captain then say, a zao for the raw ammount of alpha she can output

Yes, if you surprise an enemy cruiser or battleship at the range where half of them will just torpedo you anyway or where the secondaries will eat you (even if it is amusing being able 8in citadel a yamato).   The 3 tiers before this ship, the USN ships are plainly the worst performed in their tiers.  The reward for climbing that 500k XP mountain of bullshite is the tier average ship, and with a property (poor survival rate), that makes it unpleasant to play.

Edited by AdmiralJasonB

563 posts
4,686 battles

lower tiers need help, a lot of help

No. Phoenix and St.louis is really good. Lower tier RN CL I would agree.

Baltimore, Pensacola, NO(maybe) needs something.

65 posts
3,465 battles

In light of the current state of US-Russia relations, are you surprised?

Russian bias aside, I think WG developers are too occupied with rolling out new ship lines and assigning gimmicks (*cough cough* AP only ships, x2 detection range upon firing) that existing lines begin to marginalize without something that keeps them stand-out.

The US cruiser line is probably another case of entering the "declining stage" of the product life cycle, as taught in some fancy business school.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

One thing to take into account with the Des Moines low survival rate is that it is the closest range T10 CA and she gets in really close roc the cap zones where she can use her radar. This close proximity to half the enemy team at the beginning of the match can be deadly and results in a lot of low scoring games, but personally in the last week I've been averaging 70k damage Andy have hadn't done massive games over 150k damage so when the stars align you can still be a monster.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

No. Phoenix and St.louis is really good. Lower tier RN CL I would agree.

Baltimore, Pensacola, NO(maybe) needs something.

whoops, i meant to say high tiers, brain derp moment