Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
calcifer19

suggestion for comm new skills and strategy

3 comments in this topic

2 posts
3,363 battles

hi first time posting in forum, I just want to make some suggestion to make this game more dynamic and fun

here my thoughts (you don't have to agree with me, just some suggestion)

currently I feel the game is too passive, slow and very few team work even in competitive ranked match. The current command skill tree we have now is too boring and only one way of playing it, I know they are adding more but I wish they can go further.

I wish to suggest to devs to add these feature:

each player can select what they want to play as  (Offensive skill tree, Defensive skill  tree, Supporting Skill tree)

lets say I want to play Destroyer//Cruiser as supporting skill tree, support is not available to battle cruiser

supporting role: is to support your team's ship while provide fire support

supporting commander trait will be like this

• all consumable will have extra 2 additional charges ,
  • your damage will deal % less damage but your speed will be increase by %
  • all other supporting skill like (last stand) (jack all trade) will be boosted

supporting skill will have unique skill such as

•  Fire rescue (they will able to pump sea water to extinguish fire on nearby ships ) this skill have cool down like repair. When extinguishing fire both ship cannot fire main armament also must be channelling for certain period.
  •  Emergency Repair (will slowly heal % amount to other ship also reduce flooding by % amount. Both ship must be in very close and cannot fire main armament, will be interrupted if taking damage) Why: When some ships is low hp you basically out of action for entire game, this isn't fun just to hide for 3-4 mins and game will become more passive less action, this will promote more team work play.

Defensive Destroyer/battlecrusier/cruiser

Defensive role is to protect your support/offensive while taking damage for them

defensive skill tree will have unique skills like :

•  Lay Mines (any ship come close will explode deal some damage and flood etc)Why: I believe this help deny entry of certain area rather than just spam torpedo all direction. this also protect larger ship like carrier being flanked by other ships. mines can be destroyed by main armament and can be seen by hydra/radar
  •  Able to equip with hydro/radar, Spotting air craft will able to fly under your command and duration is dramatically boosted
  • Defensive fire (This is true WW2 fact, Your Main armament's fire can send shockwave to deflect attack) For example: your team mate cannot dodge a torpedo but you can direct aim at the torpedo to make torpedo explode or slightly change trajectory, this also work against enemy aircraft. Aircraft under shockwave effect cannot attack effective. Does not work vs other projectile

Defensive trait

•  reduce all damage  by % amount, reduce all negative effect by certain amount, increased citadel protection
  • Your ship hp/armor will be increased by % , scouting range is greatly increased, also heal very small amount over timed
  • all other defensive skill such as  (preventive maintenance) (Manual AA fire ) will be boosted

Offensive's role is simple damage dealer..  sometimes its very frustrating your shots is way off where you want to hit, I really wish dev can really let player show off their skill of aim it would make much better game play other then rely on RNG

Offensive unique ability

•  Scatter Shot (small aoe ) or  Concentrated shot (you can choose which one to use and change it anytime)  DD/cruiser will be better with Scatter shot to spread more fire, BB will use concentrated shot for big damage, or scatter to finish DD or vs angled ship
  •  Prepare ( -% to reload of all armament) this will have cooldown Why: I feel the game need to speed up little,
  •  Precise aiming (increased your accuracy by a little amount) this will have cooldown and number of charges you can use. Spotting plane will also increase your range and accuracy by % amount

offensive trait

•  all armament will deal X% more damage, secondary range will be increased, more chance of set on fire however you will lose some armour
  •  skill that favouring attack (torpedo expertise)  (last chance) (expert marksman) should be boosted accordingly

HOW exactly all these balance out ? I don't know its just a suggestion for Devs

feel free to add more

thanks

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Captain skills are rather bland.... i suspect the idea is to somewhat limit moving too far away from a level playing field, but there is still plenty of room to make it more interesting.

Anyway, they are reworking the captain system which will be released shortly.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

You  have some nice imagination WG devs can only dream of. Sadly, they will never ever read anything from the forums or any jewel feedbacks the community is giving them so save your effort for another game where devs will value your voice.

Captain skills are rather bland.... i suspect the idea is to somewhat limit moving too far away from a level playing field, but there is still plenty of room to make it more interesting.

Anyway, they are reworking the captain system which will be released shortly.

They have always been bland and 1 dimensional. It's like playing a mage class in an MMORPG game with only fire element type of spells, no variation and boring. Now, this next skill patch, they tried to add variation but it'll become catastrophic because, again, they lack imagination and insight. Very disappointing for a big and rich company like WG
Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this