Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

Secondaries 9 Hits Zero Damage WTF

8 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,069 battles

In my IOWA side by side enemy Amagi and my secondaries hit 9 times for zero damage according to post game stats!

What the hell the IOWA's Secondaries should have done loads of damage at under 2km range.

Please Explain.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if its very close range most of them probably hit hull instead of superstructures, thus dealing 0 damage because 127mm HE cant penetrate amagi hull.

you will be surprise how 200 hits of german secondaries deal  low damage. only 12 to 15k damage most of the time, most of secondary damage are done by fires started by HE shell. i heard business done witherer with his bismarck secondaries. so don't expect much raw damage from secondaries. specially against armored target like battleship.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

US 127mm/38 secondary guns fire HE in-game. HE shells have a fixed penetration, and US 127mm guns is 21mm.(which means a plate/armor at least 21mm thick can stop this shell from penetrating)

Amagi's outer hull has at least 32mm thick armor and cannot be penetrated by 127mm HE, and no penetration means no direct damage.(non-penetration HE hits can still set fire) Your secondary must hit Amagi's superstructure to get direct damage.

218 posts
3,788 battles

Sometimes when I play BB, my AP shell do 0 damage on the enemy, even when the indicator show that the shot penetrated. I can only assume that the shell hit an already damaged part/module on the ship.

Sign in to follow this