You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Missouri...YAY or NAY?

YAY or NAY  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Get the Missouri?

29 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Finally...i have enough free xp for Missouri. So, should i get it?

89bd2883-a5ba-4458-9808-64be6da77e0d.jpg

Reasons i should not get it :-

1. I have more than enough credits. So getting the Missouri for the credits earning potential is not a priority.

2. The highest USN BB i have is Wyoming.

3. I tried Arizona (from santa crate) and didn't like it.

4. I rather play DDs and CAs at tier 9.

5. Tier 9 meta sucks...just like tier 10s.

6. I don't have high skill BB captain

Reasons i shoud get it :-

1. I have enough Free xp now

2. What else am i gonna use my free xp for?

3. Missouri is a credit grinding machine.

Help me make up my mind. Thanks :honoring:

683 posts
7,358 battles

Personally I think Iowa class is different from lower tier USN BB. Very good speed which actually helps, good concealment compared to other BB (at least compared to KM BB :P

With the dispersion mod specified for USN high tier BB , the accuracy is quite good. 

If you like Missouri and play it consistently, with her high credit and XP return, you can grind back free XP easier. 

That's my own opinion about her :)

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Id personally get it. More from a collection point of view, just so the pixels can get dusty rusty in the virtual port!

Super Tester
802 posts

Reasons i should not get it :-

The same is the Iowa except for improved torpedo bulge and radar and no scout plane. It would be ideal that you play the US BB line at tier 8 to get a reasonable idea of Missouri game play imo.

All the reasons you've listed + watching Steven Seagal prance around on the dec

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

use the exp to get a 19 point commander first

I think it is Elite EXP,it means you need 1 captain with max points and the rest of EXP earn later will be Elite EXP

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

you can use your free exp too.

so now player who have money can buy doubloon to convert and buy him self a 19 point commander

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

Pros:

c0856b60-c18f-11e6-815b-d89d6715223c.png

It is the Missouri after all. The boat that rekt aliens, what's not to like about it.

Bragging rights

Farm salt from Free XP poor plebs like me

Cons:

It is 750k Free XP and that is a lot

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Get it, the ship is quite broken with Seagul and ramming flag.

missouri has resistance to ramming damage?

BTW. i heard from a video that missouri has thicker frontal citadel armor. does it mean she has resistance against yamato shell when bow on?

Edited by yansuki

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

I would.

Firstly because I will try and get any free ship.

secondly because any high tier ship in the tree can farm XP for the next ship in the tree faster than any other ship can farm FXP. So using FXP on any other ship will only make the Missouri grind longer than it needs to be.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

missouri has resistance to ramming damage?

No, thats why I equip ramming flag for my Missouri since I play very aggressive.

The reinforced frontal amour effectively bounce off 406 / 420 at bigger angle, sometimes you also can bait enemy salvo with this and all bounce lol

For bow in fight against Yamato, nope. 460 can cause significant damage because overmatch mechanics.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

BTW. i heard from a video that missouri has thicker frontal citadel armor. does it mean she has resistance against yamato shell when bow on?

there's a saying in the chinese circles "all lives are equal in the eyes of (god) the 460" and for good reason too,  those guns overmatch everything

Finally...i have enough free xp for Missouri. So, should i get it?

89bd2883-a5ba-4458-9808-64be6da77e0d.jpg

Help me make up my mind. Thanks :honoring:

franky if you have that much free XP, jusk skip to montana (if you dont have her yet), slap prem camo on her, and bully every ship apart from yamatos

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

1. I have enough Free xp now

2. What else am i gonna use my free xp for?

3. Missouri is a credit grinding machine.

4. Steven Seagull in your port bruh

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Thanks guys for the response. When you get the Missouri, does it comes with a Steven Seagal captain? If so, how many points does he have? I've already have a Seagal captain from earlier missions and now I've gotten it to 10 points. Still stuck at Wyoming though. I'm enjoying Texas atm, works pretty well even at tier 7. Still trying to get to grips with Arizona though. 

The idea of free xping to a tier 10 is tempting though, but I rather play through the whole line... Besides i am struggling playing at tier 10s honestly, the meta is totally different from lower tiers. 

However getting a Tier 9 premium is quite an achievement for me without spending any cash.... Sweet feeling there.  Any it's what I've been grinding for since Missouri came out.  I think I started with 200k free xp already in my hands. 

Decisions decisions..... 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,138 battles

Seagull was a standalone captain.  You've probably got him in your reserve after winning him but he is so underwhelming he is easily forgotten.

Seagull is only a 6 pointer but his skills vary from other captains.  He is pretty much useless as a t5 commander let alone a t9.

Expert Loader

• -75% to reload time when the shell type is switched
  • (Ordinary Skill gives -50%)

Expert Marksman

• +3 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139mm, +1 deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139mm
  • (Ordinary skill gives +2.5 and +0.7)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Or you could keep those free exp and wait for more upcoming high tier premiums from other nation/class that can only be obtained using free exp.