You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Most Difficult Cruiser

Most Difficult Cruiser to Play  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most difficult cruiser to play/master?

• Pensacola
    • New Orleans
    • Baltimore
    • Des Moines
    • Myoko
    • Mogami
    • Ibuki
    • Zao
    • Yorck
    • Admiral Hipper
    • Roon
    • Hindenburg
    • Shchors
    • Chapayev
    • DM Donskoi
    • Moskva
    • Fiji
    • Edinburgh
    • Neptune
    • Minotaur

50 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

In peoples opinion, what is the most difficult no-premium cruiser to play from T7+.

I know many will say the US branch, but i personally didnt find it too bad. The Russian line felt the easiest for me, and to be honest with the range I found the IJN so far the most challenging, and i havent progressed much past the Aoba.

it will be good to see what everyone believes is the weakest, or a cruiser that they personally struggle with.

The reason for the poll is with the hall of fame contest coming around in the near future, i wanted to offer a prize for the most damage or XP for the perceived most difficult cruiser, so honest answers to the poll would be appreciated!

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,040 battles

I voted for the DM Donskoi as i completely failed to play this ship well, I just couldn't get a handle on sniping from the back and everytime i tried to push a flank i would be triple Citadeled from any & every BB that looked at me.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i voted baltimore. i mostly got tier IX and X matches with her. most of the time dd are not cooperating when hunting enemy dd, they dont cover with smoke and keep it for themselves.

when try bow tank she slowly get wittered by HE fires from russian and IJN she spammer. she also a short to mid range cruiser and not so good for SEA passive gameplay at higher tier where mostly/everyone snipe at the back.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Pensacola because you really need to learn to use your concealment to bait the enemy and always use the right shells, and know how to dodge and use islands effectively

Alpha Tester
38 posts
1,048 battles
Pensacola is pretty sad... Citadels for days. The rest of it is pretty uninspiring as well.
Edited by Cantoris

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Minotaur. To use all of its potential requires a lot of concentration to the point of it being extremely tiring.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I voted for the DM Donskoi as i completely failed to play this ship well, I just couldn't get a handle on sniping from the back and everytime i tried to push a flank i would be triple Citadeled from any & every BB that looked at me.

Cuz it's not USN CA and it can't push alone? 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

pensacola leading the charts? who would have thought.

yes, it's got non existant concealment and the whole ship is a large sailing citadel...but it is definately not the most difficult cruiser. :teethhappy: for me at least.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,409 battles

Hehheh no suprise at all, poor pepsicola

the cruiser that practically announced come and shoot me everyone

Big citadel, poor concealment, short range, long reload, what else do you need

Edited by blacknoheart

1,492 posts

I vote the Admiral Hipper,

Although I am more of a BB player, I am sort of ok at cruisers, but the Admiral Hipper??

I am lucky if I survive the game.

Premium cruisers I have- well it would have to be Molotov, I get blasted in that one pretty quick as well.

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

pensacola leading the charts? who would have thought.

yes, it's got non existant concealment and the whole ship is a large sailing citadel...but it is definately not the most difficult cruiser. :teethhappy: for me at least.

tbh if not for her bad concealment she is a fine ship. an NC and Iowa with concealment build can outspot and deleter her.

i really like her fast turning turret, she ap is awesome for her tier too. its just her concealment and bad armor is really her fatal flaw.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Although I am more of a BB player, I am sort of ok at cruisers, but the Admiral Hipper??

Premium cruisers I have- well it would have to be Molotov, I get blasted in that one pretty quick as well.

Ordrazz

I agree with you. 

I do well in almost all cruisers I play with good manoeuvring. 

But not the Admiral Stripper. I find it worse and more cumbersome to use than the Pensacola. 

Although, I think my gameplay is slowly improving in this cruiser, I might take back this comment in a few weeks, but at the moment it is a bit of a pain. 

NB: According to World of Warships today, my 'key vehicle' is the Pensacola! =3

Alpha Tester
38 posts
1,048 battles

I agree with you. 

I do well in almost all cruisers I play with good manoeuvring. 

But not the Admiral Stripper. I find it worse and more cumbersome to use than the Pensacola. 

Although, I think my gameplay is slowly improving in this cruiser, I might take back this comment in a few weeks, but at the moment it is a bit of a pain. 

NB: According to World of Warships today, my 'key vehicle' is the Pensacola! =3

But German AP?...

980 posts
12,617 battles

But German AP?...

But American HE and fireeeeeeee

Somehow I feel that fire chance on the Hipper is a downgrade from the Yorck. I'm starting way less fires these days.  

Closing the distance to use AP effectively is something I find challenging in the Hipper. Once I close in, with that crappy rudder, I will need to show my broadside to the enemy for at least a good 20 seconds when pulling out or if enemy BB surprisingly shows up. I just can't do it well at the moment. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Minotaur. To use all of its potential requires a lot of concentration to the point of it being extremely tiring.

neptune , neptune is more challangeing, it has FAR bigger concealment anf the same tissue armor kf the mino

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles

Ordrazz

Unbelievable

313 posts
10,071 battles

Yorck is worst, tho has long firing range, the shells leave atmosphere before hitting targets,

i prefer hipper rather than yorck, survival is nothing if I contribute none for the team

Edited by Minifirefly

440 posts
3,379 battles

I'm quite surprised that no one voted new orleans, sure she may have better concealment and armor than pensacola and have radar but I somehow find that she is kinda eh against pensacola, not much of an improvement and always get uptiered where pensacola gets the safe haven of tier VII

EDIT : whoops nevermind this post, someone already voted her :|

Edited by rouge42

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

considering every factors, Minotaur should be the hardest, and Hindenburg also difficult to play in order  to have similar stats like other TX CAs

Edited by R3negade

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles

Pepsi has so many thing working against it and the advantage it holds is not really an advantage. The main culprit is its large detection radius that makes sneaking a luxury

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

But German AP?...

German AP may have the highest Alpha value (20.3 guns has 5900), but that alone doesn't translate directly into good performance due to existing AP mechanics. 

Bounce mechanics, for example, renders AP shells almost useless against angled targets as most of them will end up as ricochets. The actual performance of AP shell is also hindered by the unsatisfactory penetration. One would found his shells frequently bouncing off / non-pen against the side armour of ships for no apparent reasons. Couple that to the fact that German Cruisers are, by design, an AP-heavy line, the ships struggles to compare to their counterparts from other nation, which are more open to shell choices and has better shell performance