You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

what is everyone's fun ship?

74 comments in this topic

1,496 posts

Greetings

I want members to tell of their "fun" ship they like to play.

Not their most performing one, not the one that they grind only to get rid of, not the biggest & best, but the most fun ship they have...

The one where they stump other players, or have the joy of the tricky handling, or other such capers as to have an enjoyable game win or lose

I love playing my Krazny Krym, people expect it as a crap ship, but I love how I can manoeuvre around shell splashes & torpedos, steam up to the enemy pumping lots of HE when they don't expect me to be so bold as to charge, or island hopping like a DD

Of course I get fragged in it, usually if I do something stupid, but that happens to me in any ship....

But I do love playing it, & being unpredictable...

Tell us your "fun" ship, & why it is "fun"

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,851 posts
4,140 battles

At the moment it's the Bayern.  Tanking shots and lighting stuff on fire with upgraded secondaries is fun.  Closely followed by the Atlanta.   Just watched a jingles video of a flint/ 2 Atlanta division.  There were more shells in the air than there was air.  

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

The Colorado is truly fun at T7 you get some ofthe  best matchmaking and glorious 16" guns that pawn everyone. It's fairly tricky as the low speed can get you into trouble but I have so many really good games where I 1 shot enemy ships :izmena:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Sims.... This little mosquito churns out shells at an alarming rate. Always fun to pester BBs from behind an island non stop. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

sims: maneuverable sneaky little bugger. fast reloading torpedo to scare the poor lil bb but sometimes do some decent damage or flooding if you put that flooding flag.

bismarck: for secondary fun to burn battleship or sink pesky little destroyer, fast shell that good at rekting cruiser and if comes to worst. for the lulz banzai and ram that angle bb you cant penetrate.

scharnhorst: fast battleship. has lots of lower tier matches to screwed lil CL and CA.

north carolina: big guns to penetrate inferior IJN and KM bb while angled. OP as hell AA to farm cv tears.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Fiji. Dominates at its own or higher tier. Good smoke coverage, or an island to spam AP at anyone and everyone.

Great torps that takes out unsuspecting ships.

It was a toss up between this and the Leander!

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Kamikaze R

Ninja torps

Sims

Pew pew boat

Cleveland

CV nightmare

Bismarck

Moving fortress

440 posts
3,380 battles

Pensacola

funny how her bad reputation can lead people to underestimate her and let them get killed by her guns

(when she's a top tier and in a battle filled with cruisers, oh man the citadels she can collect)

Kaiser

this ship is such a beast, good guns and secondaries, she can just brawl all day long

Graf spee

this isn't a final decision yet, but wow this ship is just so fun to sail around. Just everything about her is amazing

Edited by rouge42

563 posts
4,686 battles

Chapayev : Stealth radar, stealth fire. What more?

Scharnhorst : Pushing machine, DS-ing DD is also fun

Graf Spee : Mini Scharnhorst 

Bismarck : Pushing machine with 10,6 nope area around the ship. 5,5km no go zone.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

Warspite : A rifle in a tier full of shotguns.

Bogue: Oneshots and clear skies in one easy and relaxing package.

Saipan: Make yourself look like a wallet warrior, probably oneshotting DDs and cleaning the air while you're at it.

Essex/Midway: Stressful way to embarass IJN CVs if you get a bit lucky.

[1VK]
Beta Tester
10 posts

Gremyaschy.  Fast, workable torps with reasonable stealth and good guns.  I do reasonably well in it so it has to be op.  I dread to think how powerful it would be in the hands of someone who's actually capable.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

1. Kutuzov - gave me my frist witherer, byt she's so much fun (and annoying as hell for enemy)

2. Scharnhorst - just so fun at brawlin'

3. Cleveland - no need to ezplain

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

At the moment it's the Bayern.  Tanking shots and lighting stuff on fire with upgraded secondaries is fun.  Closely followed by the Atlanta.   Just watched a jingles video of a flint/ 2 Atlanta division.  There were more shells in the air than there was air.  

Bayern is my go to ship in the morning.

Partially because it's one of the last few ships I had to grind on (I just researched Gneisenau a minute ago)

and partially because:

DdKtuNS.jpg

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

Gremyaschy.  Fast, workable torps with reasonable stealth and good guns.  I do reasonably well in it so it has to be op.  I dread to think how powerful it would be in the hands of someone who's actually capable.

Its got firepower thats closer to a T7 than a T5, and only slightly worse turning than the legendary Sims.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

forgot to add Atago because PANPAKAPAN!

she's like little zao of tier VIII. she has good HE to panpakapan lil destroyer or deal good chunk of damage for ship with more armor. her fire starting capabilities are also good. great concealment and can stealth torpedo with concealment build. forward firing torpedo that is good for brawling. she's also good at kiting enemy because of her maneuverability and back firing torpedo.

341 posts
4,039 battles

Oh, you all know mine. My beloved battleship Fuso.

Nothing like one shotting higher tier cruisers at range, breaking 100K damage in Tier 8 and just enjoying the sight of all the guns going off. 200K credits per game is well possible, so she makes money too. I am fully confident to perform and even carry in Fuso, and use her to break losing streaks or just stop forced grinding and go back to having fun.