You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

BB North Caroliner

46 comments in this topic

344 posts
7,070 battles

Whats the point of this ship at T8? You grind your way and finally get it and its hopeless. Between the massive dispersion, the huge hang time of shells and RNG its near impossible to hit anything at over about 15km. You're forced to fight with it in way closer than you should just to get some target hits. Surely they could flatten the trajectory a little or reduce the dispersion at longer ranges. The whole point of having a ship with decent range is so you don't have to get up close to hit your targets. Extremely frustrated with this ship..............

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Surely you jest.

Try upgrading the hull B 1st and foremost , it makes a huge difference.

NC is one of the most solid tier 8 BB that excel at mid range and has monstrous AA to boot. Its gun has sub orbital arc that can citadel cruiser who thinks they are safe jerking behind an island unlike the other 2. If you have experienced US cruiser and dd or RN CL , the arc is not that much of a problem

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Whats the point of this ship at T8? You grind your way and finally get it and its hopeless. Between the massive dispersion, the huge hang time of shells and RNG its near impossible to hit anything at over about 15km. You're forced to fight with it in way closer than you should just to get some target hits. Surely they could flatten the trajectory a little or reduce the dispersion at longer ranges. The whole point of having a ship with decent range is so you don't have to get up close to hit your targets. Extremely frustrated with this ship..............

theres a reason why these kind of video exist. watch it first

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I sense a salty sniper BB here. Really now, my friend who owes a North Carolina said that he will never miss a BB/CA/CV from 15km below.

You grinded your way to NC and yet you want to snipe that bad?

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

The guy recommended fire prevention. 

The recommended captain skills are messed up

its a recommendation, not absolute skill for all nc, after all the maker of videos are from russia so we dont know how their server's player acts and he just used the given recommendation from his experience from his server thouh most of the vids content are useful 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Clearly he stays true to his words, I always div with him and i never see he missed any targets at 15km below, unless his target is a friggin DD.

Such accuracy remains impossible.... unless he only shoot at BB. But yes, NC shells are god tier under 15km.. but such perfect accuracy does not exist

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

its a recommendation, not absolute skill for all nc, after all the maker of videos are from russia so we dont know how their server's player acts and he just used the given recommendation from his experience from his server thouh most of the vids content are useful 

I find it ok. But it is only the foundation for individual tactics with NC. Each players have different play style

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Such accuracy remains impossible.... unless he only shoot at BB. But yes, NC shells are god tier under 15km.. but such perfect accuracy does not exist

Well maybe i exaggerating it a bit by saying never while it should be rarely.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Being a salty will never learn help him learn , i dont even know if he will comeback and give us a feedback after posting or he has go hide his face somewhere :popcorn:

Edited by legionary2099

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

NC is one of Flamu's favorite USN BB. i heard she has better sigma value than IOWA. at her tier she is really is really solid, her AA is the best, there's no way a shoukaku, lex can drop you without receiving significant losses, and she's almost impregnable to lower tier CV. her bow is impregnable to any shell unless its from yamato, her side armor is thicker than iowa too. she's solid BB. in fact i keep her even though i already has iowa.

at first i was having some trouble with NC too. but i revisit the how to aim vid of i chase, after that i tried nc again, somehow i start nailing my shots again. try watching flamu vid, i believe he has some tips on how to play her.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

The dispersion is the same among Battleships of a particular nation. That is, at any given range North Carolina will have the same dispersion value as New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, etc. There are other factors which influence accuracy, though: sigma (here North Carolina has an advantage over the others), shell travel time (very poor for North Carolina), and ability to fit the -11% dispersion module (not available to North Carolina).

The best way to reduce dispersion and improve shell travel time is to either get closer to your target or upgrade your ship to Iowa, Missouri, or Montana. Japanese Battleships have the best dispersion by a significant margin, so you could also try that line.

1,490 posts

I find after upgrading hull, modules, captain skills etc, I find it quite playable & strong, providing I don't rush in like an idiot (which I regularly do because I like to brawl), the only other thing I try to remember is to aim below the waterline when firing at enemy ships, to counter the dispersion a little, when I do that I'm fine..

Still, I prefer my tirpitz or Bismarck, they is good brawlers lol

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
38 posts
1,048 battles

Yeah, the issues you listed in the OP, if you don't like them perhaps you should stop playing this line. Nothing is going to change.