You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
captain_scarlet

how did WG make such a mess of cruisers

29 comments in this topic

88 posts
4,144 battles

The Yorck should be renamed to Unterseeboot  coz its spends most of its time submerged hiding on the bottom.

The T6/T7 cruisers have become so squishy (apart from the gold premiums and the special rewards) that one hit from a BB that is out of range of the cruiser is enough to sink em

Cant all be aim cheat toons

HEY WG you listening

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Some popcorn for you :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Lul its your fault for giving broadside to them bb. Tier 5 & 6 German cruisers are expert kiting ship with lots of firepower in the back , if you go to 10km and expect to kill them bb with DPM you are very wrong.

The Yorck play like a Pepsi with better concealment.

RNG will wreck CA/CL , but how often will depend on the captain himself.

If you dont want to get wreck like a scrub , learn WASD hack

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

seriously now, if you get deleted instantly in a Cruiser, you're playing it wrong (aside from the "fun and engaging mechanic").

Beside, if they hit you from out of your range, that means you're sailing straight and not taking evasive action which is very easy to hit even from 20km (if RNG allows it)

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Try angling sometime. I heard it helps a lot.

No, seriously it helps a lot. I am seeing a lot of broadsiding cruisers lately who get deleted quickly. Also generally a cruiser at T6-T7 has a range between 14km to 17km. An out of range BB's shells will take quite sometime to land on your ship. During this time, if you are broadside turn your ship. You can generally reduce the damage taken if not already angled.

To learn how to play the Yorck watch flamu's commentary.

Also here comes the git gud :D

40 posts
2,588 battles

The Yorck should be renamed to Unterseeboot  coz its spends most of its time submerged hiding on the bottom.

The T6/T7 cruisers have become so squishy (apart from the gold premiums and the special rewards) that one hit from a BB that is out of range of the cruiser is enough to sink em

HEY WG you listening

You get your binoculars out and you check the turrets of the battleships that can see you.  its a necessary part of getting more mobility than merely being hidden from detection in your cruiser.  If there are a lot of battleships you might want to hold fire until you are in a better position and/or turned away and shooting backwards, or have an island you are moving towards to do your turn behind to cover your broadside.

You can also look at your team mate cruisers, since if you are not broadside and another cruiser is broadside, its likely that the battleships will switch to the broadside ship.  If the battleships stay on you and you are not broadside, then you are probably winning the game for your team by tanking a lot of damage.

450 posts
7,896 battles

Angling helps on Yorck. 

one enemy BB and one enemy CA could not take me down until I made a mistake of turning into torp launching position or simply getting to close. 

146 posts
10,160 battles

Done :D loved it more than the NO. But now I am stuck on the pathetic stock baltimore

How bad is it? I unlocked Baltimore today - sold the NO, can't see myself buying it again . . .  even with the decent concealment, it felt so underpowered compared to the other Tier 8 cruisers, even Mogami was much more comfortable to play. . .  don't know if I can face up to more-of-the-same with Baltimore. Only have enough credits for one more T9 cruiser (already have Roon) - so now to choose between Ibuki, DM Donskoi and Baltimore . . .  I love US DDs, I adored New Mex/Colorado and NC - and I really want to like the cruisers, Des Moines looks so cool .. ..  but they don't make it easy. 
Edited by Mister_Teatime

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

HEY WG you listening

meanwhile in Wargaming office, what they are actually doing while listening in player complaint "i want my ship/type/nation to be OP and not underperforming other ships/type/nation even though i broadside or im still not gud"

124 posts

If you're ranting about Yorck alone, I'm a bit salty about it because it burns me more than I could to it, even when theoretically as IJN CA I should burn it sooner :angry:

Then again KM cruisers turn worse than... whatever you think is very slow.

Even when I'm still at Konigsberg, attempt to turn when I'm spotted is not going to go well.

If you're ranting just by your post's title, it's RNGesus, period.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Isn't that the point of a battleship?

Brain v1.0 is totally cheating and must be shut down at once.

341 posts
3,994 battles

Honestly, I've had bad luck with cruisers and never gotten the playstyle above Tier 4 right. I'm used to being devastating striked through the stern by a mid range battleship while manuvering, no exaggeration, and any mistake is punished by instant deletion. Not fun for me. I guess some people make cruisers work and some don't.

Also, my Fuso hit 3 citadels on a manuvering Haguro at 17km. At least I know I'm not alone.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Honestly, I've had bad luck with cruisers and never gotten the playstyle above Tier 4 right. I'm used to being devastating striked through the stern by a mid range battleship while manuvering, no exaggeration, and any mistake is punished by instant deletion. Not fun for me. I guess some people make cruisers work and some don't.

Also, my Fuso hit 3 citadels on a manuvering Haguro at 17km. At least I know I'm not alone.

At least you know that RNGesus hates you when you're playing Cruisers :teethhappy:
Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Try playing the Pepsi cola..... I dare you. 

Challange accepted xD...

9dOlvQ3.png

All Kidding aside... after all these games I played, I understood one thing that every cruiser has it's own job.. and you need to mix it up not just Yolo and get DS'd. I mean the cruisers I've played in that class are Fiji, Myoko(ofc nachi but both are same so no matter what i got experience in), Shchors, Pensacola... each ship has different specification for a reason...

Pensa is a hardcore support ship... you need to stay with the team in order to do anything for yourself or for the team..

Fiji being CL is a destroyer support ship which supports strictly destroyers at the start of the match and in the end can finish of damaged enemies... 

Myoko Is cruiser lead can push cruisers.. and with it's torpedoes it can find weaknesses and exploit them with her torpedoes... doesn't mean you just yolo torp and get DS'd because lot of players tend to do that...

Shchors this ship needs to strictly stay with team or behind team because of it's low armor and with it's flat shell arc it can hit DDs as far as it's max range if aimed correctly... 

Yorck IMO is same you need to play as cross over between Shchors and Myoko... stay with the team engage the enemies who are out of place set them on fire... Shoot AP at broadsiding Myokos and Shchors if you find Pensa have a go at it with AP... Because German AP is strong... and the play style follows up to T10..

Just need to know where, when and how... then everyship is enjoyable

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeah yeah everyone wants their ship to be OP.

Wait... so if I have most ships up to tier VI/VII, except for a few premium ones and the german DDs,

and I want my ships to be OP...

... wouldn't that be... balanced? :smart_fish:

Alpha Tester
38 posts
1,048 battles

Wait... so if I have most ships up to tier VI/VII, except for a few premium ones and the german DDs,

Complain loud enough and someone will listen right???

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

They will be balanced, and some will be more balanced than others, like Imperator Serblai I

980 posts
12,617 battles

Here are your stats from World of Warships Numbers on your play in the Yorck as of the time of writing:

Battles: 18

Win rate: 22.22%

Personal rating: 71 

Average damage: 11,278

Average kills per game: 0.22

In other words, you're not doing so well in the Yorck. You must be doing something wrong as pretty much all those stats are way below average. 

You complain about the Yorck being squishy, but from what I see here you have an attacking issue as well - you're not causing enough damage.

You can now say you get deleted before you have a chance at causing much damage, but that would mean you have a tactical and defence issue as well because you must be not covering the weak points of your ship properly. 

You can now also say a squishy ship will be hit and killed with a few hits that happen throughout the game and that no defence is perfect - true, but if you judge a ship by this one ability in relation to its armour (which widely speaking just restricted to battleships only) I suggest that you haven't considered other defensive aspects such as concealment, manoeuvrability, angling, and speed in the defence of your ship.

The Yorck at full speed and manoeuvring, is NOT an easy ship to hit. I know this first hand. 

In other words, you need to learn how to play cruisers properly. Otherwise, stick to battleships. 

I.e. WG didn't 'mess up' the cruisers. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Most times, the problem is the one behind the keyboard,  not the ship. 

There are no strong ships, only strong players :popcorn: