Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

A serious question about Matchmaking (and a bit of a rant, too)

12 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,020 battles

How does matchmaking work?

8wHE5pk.jpg

...or should I say, NOT WORK?

I admit, I got upset and potatoed in the last few games which badly brought my performance down, but I carried my weight and was often in the top 3 on the team in many of the rest.

I get it. Some people are going to say "In some battles, you contributed to the loss" or "Stop caring. If you carry your weight it's not your fault and you've done enough." Yes. I agree. I review what I do wrong and what I do right after any battle.

But a question I've asked before goes unanswered. If your team of [insult here] potatoes melts and loses in 10 minutes over and over again... Where are all the wins going? What can be done to break a streak alone? 

Edited by InterconKW

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

As you said, being on tilt is a major contributer. Sometimes you win some sometimes you lose some. 

Its time for a break, weekend potatoes are coming... 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Or div with deathskyz. :teethhappy:

I'm no stranger to losing streaks as well Interkon. Happens to me numerous times as well. Either grit yr teeth and carry on or take a break. Me... I will stop if it's 3 loses in a row and MM is not favorable. 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

OMG, I'm an idiot.

Today is Friday 13...

Dunno why i'm getting more wins today :teethhappy:

Also sorry for what i did to your Farragut with my Leander, can't help going against a fellow forumer and that you were unlucky enough to ran into me b4 5 mins had passed :trollface:

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,076 battles

Yeah I think we all get those days or evenings when it appears the world is against you no matter how hard you carry.

I think the best advice is posted grin and bare it or quit and take a break.

341 posts
4,020 battles

Dunno why i'm getting more wins today :teethhappy:

Also sorry for what i did to your Farragut with my Leander, can't help going against a fellow forumer and that you were unlucky enough to ran into me b4 5 mins had passed :trollface:

At the point where that happened, it was literally my 2nd ever battle in a destroyer like that, so that's not at all your fault. I actually became decent at it after the initial struggle, but Matchmaker opposed.

341 posts
4,020 battles

Now that I think about it, today was particularly unlucky.

Minus Matchmaker opposing me...

-The 5th battle I had in Farragut, I landed 130 shells. For ONE fire.

-And the 6th battle... Every other DD on my team, and a battleship too... DETONATED.

Halp Plz Need Uncurse.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

-And the 6th battle... Every other DD on my team, and a battleship too... DETONATED.

Halp Plz Need Uncurse.

As long as you are on the WOWS Discord, I'm always in the Lounge. It's a first come first serve division slots. 

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Halp Plz Need Uncurse.

Honestly, weekends are the days of my best win streak. (looks back at the screenshots of 35 win streak - in division of course). Potatoes are present in both teams, you just have to kill their potatoes before they kill your potatoes. Also, you need to a little bit research. Some tiers are better to play (and some ship classes) at specific server times ;)

Sign in to follow this