duntroon

Inactive team players unfair to team mates!

4 comments in this topic

33 posts

Today, I have been playing random battles with my Black Swan cruiser. It usually takes a long time for the game to get started due to lack of participants. On two separate occasions today, there has been one player in my team in each battle who has clearly lost patience with the game starting and simply deserted his or her computer to do some other activity, leaving his/her ship motionless to be ultimately destroyed as a sitting duck by the enemy. This is most unfair to other team members who have one active ship less than their enemy. Is there a punishment for those who do not follow up the game by failing to man the ship they have activated? If not there should be!!! I am wasting valuable credits through such selfish acts.

440 posts
3,379 battles

Well there is the one where when a ship isn't active it just barely receives any income (I think), but this is when the ship isn't active from start to getting killed or end battle

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles

In some instances the game can and will take minute to load.  or a player might get disconnected or they may just be plain douches and afk.   In the end a ship that does not move gets nothing.  It may hamper you but just think that any damage he doesn't get is more of a chance for you to earn xp and credits

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,065 battles

This very also exists in another WG product and has been the subject of intense forum complaints with no action taken to date.

It is really simple to implement a rule into the game such that if a vessel has not traveled a certain distance in a certain amount of time that it should be destroyed and receive double or more the normal repair costs and earn zero credits and zero XP.

In addition the spotting from that vessel should not be enabled unless it has travelled x nm distance so that even if idle (AFK or BOT) it does not detect enemy vessels for the team.

Simple, will they listen and implement, probably not.

Pity.