You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

Ghost Ship - BB magically appears

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

My Blyskawica has a spotting range of 7.5km, screen announces I have been spotted, nearest ship is 11 km away. Okay must be a DD somewhere, out of nowhere (and no smoke around) a BB appears at 5.6km. The BB spotted me first by about 10 seconds, anyone else had this occur?

Is there a hack, can a late log in cause this?

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Its Missouri. He opened radar, spotted u, came out of island. Seems pretty normal to me.

Cuz that's how i surprise DDs. (evil laughter)

Nope was clear water, nearest island was 11km away next to the CA which was closest ship to me until the Ghost BB appeared. And I think this BB was German.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Actually I had a similar experience in my shchors today. Im peering around an island and a myoko appears at 5ks. No smoke and well past the edge of the island. 

Im wondering if its lag as it seems to be happening a lot more regularly over the last couple of weeks.

48 posts

Magic..

Nah.. That Battleship has some of that Cloaking Device shit Like the ones that The Aircraft Carrier SHIELD from The Movie Avengers had!

(Probably Ninja,Incognito mode)

Edited by ArmedRobber

218 posts
3,788 battles

Yep. happen to me just now. I was trading shot with a Missouri from like 10km away with clear water in between us. Then suddenly, as i was lining up for a shot, the Missouri disappeared. a moment later, I saw a shell flying from some invisible ship and about 3 secodns later, the Missouri reappeared.

Edited by Puteralanun

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yep. happen to me just now. I was trading shot with a Missouri from like 10km away with clear water in between us. Then suddenly, as i was lining up for a shot, the Missouri disappeared. a moment later, I saw a shell flying from some invisible ship and about 3 secodns later, the Missouri reappeared.

Missouri has a maximum possible concealment of like, 12km, so that's entire plausible for it to go invisible between shots. North Carolina and Iowa can also do this.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Missouri has a maximum possible concealment of like, 12km, so that's entire plausible for it to go invisible between shots. North Carolina and Iowa can also do this.

Be interesting to see if anyone can find any historical event of a battleship going invisible during an exchange of fire on a clear day where it can still see you?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Be interesting to see if anyone can find any historical event of a battleship going invisible during an exchange of fire on a clear day where it can still see you?

sadly

the only historical thing in this game is the ship model from actually build ship.

some of them is not even historical.

so yeah. u can't bring historical as an excuse here in this arcade game.

[DBN1]
15 posts

Maybe it was what WG mentioned in their video about new stuff in 2017. Could be a new feature, something like the Philadelphia Experiment. Seeing (no pun intended) that it was a German BB, could be a Nazi secret weapon.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

sadly

the only historical thing in this game is the ship model from actually build ship.

some of them is not even historical.

so yeah. u can't bring historical as an excuse here in this arcade game.

Well, it should be the case that historical inaccuracies are there for good reason to make the game work, which you can argue for the majority of the cases. But i don't see how ridiculous invisibility is necessary to be in the game for any reason?

It is in the game, so people have specialized their strategy towards it, but if it was never in the game to begin with, who would miss it? No one!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That would depend on the state of the seas. Otherwise, warships going out of visibility is a

. Especially those with really low, sleek silhouettes like the USN fast battleships.

Of course, we don't have that sort of waves in World of Warships, generally because trying to model it would result in fried potatoes. But that's what the concealment stat is meant to encapsulate. It's why Pensacola has such a ridiculously high detection - because her mast is incredibly tall, and sailors can basically identify warships just by seeing their masts or hull-up configuration.

40 posts
2,588 battles

Well, it should be the case that historical inaccuracies are there for good reason to make the game work, which you can argue for the majority of the cases. But i don't see how ridiculous invisibility is necessary to be in the game for any reason?

It is in the game, so people have specialized their strategy towards it, but if it was never in the game to begin with, who would miss it? No one!

Destroyers were far cheaper than a battleship, far more of them were built, and they had far fewer men aboard.  The only way to maintain historical accuracy and make a fun game of destroyer vs battleship fighting would be to give players selecting a destroyer a flotilla instead of a ship to give them more comparable fighting power.  In practice the concealment simulates the difficulty of destroying or even targeting every ship in a flotilla as it makes a torpedo attack, and the infinite reloads simulates the torpedoes held by a flotilla, since the number of torps we can launch over a match is far in excess of what individual destroyers ever carried.  Most of them would be lucky to be able to reload all their tubes if they emptied them all at a target.

Although the details sometimes annoy me, the fundamental concept is sound for this game and their concealment system is ultimately server based and largely immune to cheating.

40 posts
2,588 battles

That would depend on the state of the seas. Otherwise, warships going out of visibility is a

. Especially those with really low, sleek silhouettes like the USN fast battleships.

Of course, we don't have that sort of waves in World of Warships, generally because trying to model it would result in fried potatoes. But that's what the concealment stat is meant to encapsulate. It's why Pensacola has such a ridiculously high detection - because her mast is incredibly tall, and sailors can basically identify warships just by seeing their masts or hull-up configuration.

As far as I can tell the Pensacola actually has huge visibility because its in tier 7, which is the designated wallet tier.   Colorado and New Mex are both standard battleships of similar displacements and designs, yet the Colorado is also easier to detect.

The whole point of a fighting top is to put your range finders and observation gear there, and thus you should only have a fighting top visible when you can see the whole enemy superstructure and part of their hull if their gear is not similarly mounted - ie it should and did give advantages in detection of enemy, and in range finding.

The issue with this game, is that in a 3D game that sends coordinates it would be trivial to cheat range finding, so they eliminated range finding from the game design, which leaves the Pensacola stripped of its advantage.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Destroyers were far cheaper than a battleship, far more of them were built, and they had far fewer men aboard.  The only way to maintain historical accuracy and make a fun game of destroyer vs battleship fighting would be to give players selecting a destroyer a flotilla instead of a ship to give them more comparable fighting power.  In practice the concealment simulates the difficulty of destroying or even targeting every ship in a flotilla as it makes a torpedo attack, and the infinite reloads simulates the torpedoes held by a flotilla, since the number of torps we can launch over a match is far in excess of what individual destroyers ever carried.  Most of them would be lucky to be able to reload all their tubes if they emptied them all at a target.

Although the details sometimes annoy me, the fundamental concept is sound for this game and their concealment system is ultimately server based and largely immune to cheating.

Sorry, i did not explain properly.... what i am talking about is invisibility while firing - that is 'ridiculous' invisibility. there are other levels of invisibility that are questionable, but not really an absurdity rubbed in your face like invisible firing is.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

Invis firing is going to be removed.

Meanwhile in NC, Iowa, Missouri, and Montana case it is being invisible in between firing.

Do you know about penalty detection while firing? That resets every 20 seconds in all ships, BB generally have more than 20s to reload so they will have some grace time to either disengage or throwing off someone's aim. Is this important? Yes for some players, it makes stealth BB build became rather good. 

Also this is a game, an Arcade game even, before anyone complained about historical innacuracy or physics defying features please learn game mechanics first just so you don't make people whack their face into nearby desk because this is once again an arcade game 

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Invis firing is going to be removed.

Meanwhile in NC, Iowa, Missouri, and Montana case it is being invisible in between firing.

Do you know about penalty detection while firing? That resets every 20 seconds in all ships, BB generally have more than 20s to reload so they will have some grace time to either disengage or throwing off someone's aim. Is this important? Yes for some players, it makes stealth BB build became rather good. 

Also this is a game, an Arcade game even, before anyone complained about historical innacuracy or physics defying features please learn game mechanics first just so you don't make people whack their face into nearby desk because this is once again an arcade game 

A Yammy or GK sitting at 20km+ will do the same , and they are rather numerous :trollface: