You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

WTH that ships is?

56 comments in this topic

250 posts
13,179 battles
You guys playing this game here because many reasons. I believe mostly are here because we love warships and History.
So let's have some game over here.
At first, I reference this idea back to below topic. And thanks to dseehafer ​for this interesting idea.

The game have a similar fashion like that one except some rules will be readjusted.

Description: I'll start posting warships picture and let you guys guess about ship class and name. Picture may contains only part of the ship, taken from the distance or blur for some challenging even unfinished ship also included. Once the picture is correctly identified, Me or you guys are allowed to post another one and so on.

Rules:  These are rule we should comply
- No Google hax: To make this game fair, using a google search tool for picture are not allowed unless you are going to post another picture to let us guess again. you can use some source like books or articles though.
- One answer per post: You can answer only one per post (number of posts are unlimited. So feel free to answer as many as you like.)
- Once the previous picture is correctly identified, others can post next warship picture and let us guess. Only one picture are allow here. and we have to correctly identify it before put another picture in and so on and so forth.
- Picture should not show ship name for challenging purpose.
- After the picture was identified, Please highlight as guessed for no further confusion  

Okay let's start with first picture (Guessed)

j9tyYch.jpg

Have fun captains

P.S. for moderators, you can move this topic to "off topic" section if you see fit.

Moved to off-topic.

~amade

Edited by New_Horizontal

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

At first i thought it was a Myoko-class since i can only see the 3 front turrets layout but i don't feel that there is a bridge after the 3rd turret (and the turret's shape is somewhat not looks like Myoko or Takao-class so i guess it's supposed to be a Tone-class (maybe Tone herself?)

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Pretty sure it's the Tone. None of the Myoko class survived, only the Takao survived of her class but she never sank, whilst the Chikuma was also sunk at sea.

Ensign.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,309 battles

Pretty sure it's the Tone. None of the Myoko class survived, only the Takao survived of her class but she never sank, whilst the Chikuma was also sunk at sea.

Ensign.

Actually Myoko survived, but was later scuttled after the war. 

As for the picture itself, I'm very uncertain between Takao or Myoko. I'll leave with no answer to it 

250 posts
13,179 battles

i dont know the ship class but i think its the atago

Incorrect

By the turrets, maybe the Myoko in Singapore?

Incorrect again

Ensign.

And from Shiroyasha_Gintoki

"At first i thought it was a Myoko-class since i can only see the 3 front turrets layout but i don't feel that there is a bridge after the 3rd turret (and the turret's shape is somewhat not looks like Myoko or Takao-class so i guess it's supposed to be a Tone-class (maybe Tone herself?)"

​Ding Ding Ding that was a correct answer, well done.:medal:

Edited by New_Horizontal

250 posts
13,179 battles

This is a lot harder but she looks like USS San Francisco steaming into it's namesake below golden gate bridge.... Great picture with the ambient fog.

Ensign

Wow, you're correct again!

Golden gate bridge help this pic alot LOL

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

A part of the ship was concealed by a plane but i can clearly see the signature ridiculously high "Pagoda Mast" of the Fuso-class though i'm not sure if it's Fuso or her sister Yamashiro.

The only thing that can distinguish Fuso and Yamashiro is the 3rd turret which is not visible because the smoke hides it already.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

250 posts
13,179 battles

O_O look like maybe fuso

Almost but still incorrect, The correct one is Yamashiro

A part of the ship was concealed by a plane but i can clearly see the signature ridiculously high "Pagoda Mast" of the Fuso-class though i'm not sure if it's Fuso or her sister Yamashiro.

The only thing that can distinguish Fuso and Yamashiro is the 3rd turret which is not visible because the smoke hides it already.

Yes it was Yamashiro

You can look at Pagoda tower as well. Fuso has noticeable wing for her rangefinder on her pagoda while Yamashiro has straight tower and wing is not clear enough.

In that picture, Her Pagoda was clear enough to see that there is no wing on it and you can see that on third turret site has something like box toward the front so it seem to be 3rd turret facing rear.

Ok the next one is ... (Guessed)

IruReOl.jpg

Edited by New_Horizontal

15 posts
2,899 battles

Almost but still incorrect, The correct one is Yamashiro

Yes it was Yamashiro

You can look at Pagoda tower as well. Fuso has noticeable wing for her rangefinder on her pagoda while Yamashiro has straight tower and wing is not clear enough.

In that picture, Her Pagoda was clear enough to see that there is no wing on it and you can see that on third turret site has something like box toward the front so it seem to be 3rd turret facing rear.

Ok the next one is ...

IruReOl.jpg

look like warspite

[BRU]
83 posts
4,884 battles
I Think that is one of the Queen Elizabeth Class Battleships cause i see in the Back ground a AA with 6 barrel it kinda Blurry.  I am having a feeling that AA is a German Ship Cause it looks like the 3.7 Flakwirling 43. Maybe i am Wrong

250 posts
13,179 battles

look like warspite

Incorrect

HMS Rodney... 

​Correct

I Think that is one of the Queen Elizabeth Class Battleships cause i see in the Back ground a AA with 6 barrel it kinda Blurry.  I am having a feeling that AA is a German Ship Cause it looks like the 3.7 Flakwirling 43. Maybe i am Wrong

Your analysis are are good but still incorrect

250 posts
13,179 battles

Next picture (last for today) you guys can post a picture and let us guess as well. (Guessed)

Please feel free to post and share your favorite ships:)

eWzZZ3w.jpg

Edited by New_Horizontal

11 posts
1,253 battles

Next picture (last for today) you guys can post a picture and let us guess as well.

Please feel free to post and share your favorite ships:)

eWzZZ3w.jpg

Happens I was recently reading up on Dutch cruisers...

The Dutch Light Cruiser De Ruyter.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'm guessing it's New Orlean. I remember her bow get blown up because of torpedo.

yup in the Cockatoo Islands Dockyard getting repaired.

Your turn :)

Edited by dead_man_walking

199 posts
6,041 battles

yup in the Cockatoo Islands Dockyard getting repaired.

Your turn :)

Ayy, I'm at school, so sorry if the pic kinda bad, I just choose randomly from my ship bookmarks.

Ship with no bow

Take a guess, mates. The ship class is in the game too. I wish my damcon crews in the game is this dedicated.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Ayy, I'm at school, so sorry if the pic kinda bad, I just choose randomly from my ship bookmarks.

Ship with no bow

Take a guess, mates. The ship class is in the game too. I wish my damcon crews in the game is this dedicated.

Looks like a Baltimore-class, i'm guessing USS Pittsburgh who lost her bow in a typhoon