Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MiyamizuMitsuhaaa

HEAP:the new skill will begin a new brainless baby game

17 comments in this topic

12 posts
5,668 battles

I really don't understand why WG welcomes smoke and HE rounds. Will this good for game development and players? The game is becoming more and more brainless. People just stay in smoke and just clicking their mouses, waiting the fire causes the dmg. 

And new skill HEAP will ruin the game, especially in ASIA Server. Brainless CA and DD will keep stay behind the island and forget their jobs. Thx to the WG, you made the game much more 'easier', I can just washing the deck to get EXP and Credits.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

I can totally agree. While others may not be privy to the secret, that's what IFHE will do exactly. SEA already has this awful passive meta, the last thing we need is for DDs to not contest cap and instead shoot for afar or behind islands or in smoke to rack up a few percent of the BB's HP instead of capping and fighting other DDs for way more EXP and worth to the team.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

As a battleship main, I disagree.

IFHE is a skill that allows better HE penetration but lower the chance of fire.

What it basically means is that HE spammers need to aim better to hit where HE shells can penetrate, to solve the current "just spam and set fire" meta.

12 posts
5,668 battles

As a battleship main, I disagree.

IFHE is a skill that allows better HE penetration but lower the chance of fire.

What it basically means is that HE spammers need to aim better to hit where HE shells can penetrate, to solve the current "just spam and set fire" meta.

Yup. Better HE dmg per shell and lower chance of fire. Now medium-caliber like 6"(152mm) HE shells will do the damage much more easier than before with 130% penetration, and it still can causing fire by the high firing rate and experienced players always spam the HE rounds to the point like bow, conning tower for example. So, the new skill is not to solve to problem, it buffed HE's efficiency. For ship, this skill is good; for the game, I should have to say there is nothing good for the battle environment. 

12 posts
5,668 battles

I can totally agree. While others may not be privy to the secret, that's what IFHE will do exactly. SEA already has this awful passive meta, the last thing we need is for DDs to not contest cap and instead shoot for afar or behind islands or in smoke to rack up a few percent of the BB's HP instead of capping and fighting other DDs for way more EXP and worth to the team.

Every game is hard game. Now days half of your team stay behind, I really don't know what to say. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

I'll use USN 406mm HE as an example, which covers all the high tier USN Battleships. Normally the penetration is 68mm. Any armour plate thicker than that will shatter the HE shell (zero damage) and any armour plate thinner will take normal penetrating damage. Note that the angle of impact does not affect HE.

Skilled with IFHE, the penetration becomes 88mm. Now have a look at the armour models of some likely targets. For IFHE to be of any use here there needs to be an abundance of armour that 68-pen HE will shatter on, yet 88-pen HE will penetrate. Unfortunately, almost all armour sections in the high tiers - of any class - will either be thinner than 68mm (bow sections, superstructure, deck, etc) or thicker than 88mm (main armour belt, turret faces) and so IFHE will provide you with no useful benefit.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Yup. Better HE dmg per shell and lower chance of fire. Now medium-caliber like 6"(152mm) HE shells will do the damage much more easier than before with 130% penetration, and it still can causing fire by the high firing rate and experienced players always spam the HE rounds to the point like bow, conning tower for example. So, the new skill is not to solve to problem, it buffed HE's efficiency. For ship, this skill is good; for the game, I should have to say there is nothing good for the battle environment. 

That's why I am not against this. HE will be far less brainless after this is implemented

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

I'll use USN 406mm HE as an example, which covers all the high tier USN Battleships. Normally the penetration is 68mm. Any armour plate thicker than that will shatter the HE shell (zero damage) and any armour plate thinner will take normal penetrating damage. Note that the angle of impact does not affect HE.

Skilled with IFHE, the penetration becomes 88mm. Now have a look at the armour models of some likely targets. For IFHE to be of any use here there needs to be an abundance of armour that 68-pen HE will shatter on, yet 88-pen HE will penetrate. Unfortunately, almost all armour sections in the high tiers - of any class - will either be thinner than 68mm (bow sections, superstructure, deck, etc) or thicker than 88mm (main armour belt, turret faces) and so IFHE will provide you with no useful benefit.

This skill is not for large caliber guns.

Let's take Akizuki's 100mm (19mm penetration) for example, with this skill the 100mm HE gets 25mm penetration, enough to penetrate the hull of almost every destroyer with the sole exception being Khaba.

And some part of Umikaze

Or some 152mm gun you can see on various CLs like some soviet cruisers, Cleveland and Belfast. With the base pen of 25mm, they can get 33mm HE penetration, enough to penetrate high tier cruiser(25 standard, 26 Mikhail Kutuzov and 27 for T9 and T10 US cruisers) and battleship hulls (32mm standard).

Edited by _Halcyon

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Before every release, there are HEAPS of threads on game is going to be this, game is going to be that, class-X is going to throw the game because of reason-Y so on and so forth. But here we are, still playing the game. May be we can wait and actually see what happens once the patch is in effect and I am sure many new strategies will emerge. The skill system and ship abilities have nothing to do with passive play. As long as Asia stays with cruiser meta, there will always be passive plays. While speculation and brainstorming is good for some times, overdoing that might be hazardous for your mental health. This is a game after all, no point in losing mind over it.

Be patient, plan ahead, use PTS to figure out how to cope up with the challenge. Since, knowing WG, I don't think there is any chance that they will undo/redo the patch since this is already in PTS.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

This skill is not for large caliber guns.

Let's take Akizuki's 100mm (19mm penetration) for example, with this skill the 100mm HE gets 25mm penetration, enough to penetrate the hull of almost every destroyer with the sole exception being Khaba.

Or some 152mm gun you can see on various CLs like some soviet cruisers, Cleveland and Belfast. With the base pen of 25mm, they can get 33mm HE penetration, enough to penetrate high tier cruiser(25 standard, 26 Mikhail Kutuzov and 27 for T9 and T10 US cruisers) and battleship hulls (32mm standard).

Akizuki, definitely. Chapayev and Kutuzov, somewhat useful - you'll be operating with a reduced fire chance in exchange for the ability to do some extra damage when shells hit some very specific areas of Cruisers and Battleships.

So, basically, the ships that are already sitting back and spamming HE will still be sitting back and spamming HE, doing a little extra blast damage with a little less fire-setting. This skill is really not going to have a big effect on gameplay.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Well, perhaps there is a danger with potatoes average players speccing their Battleships with IFHE and firing HE exclusively. That's fantastic if they're on the enemy team, but I just know they'll mostly be on my team. They always are. They always find their way to me...

I think the skill itself isn't very intuitive. HE penetration figures aren't available in-game and many players will read the skill description and simply assume it will make their HE more powerful. Maybe adding the HE penetration values into the gun stats in port would make things a lot easier to understand.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Agree.

Games will peak, player drain is inevitable but developers try to hang on to their patrons for as long as possible by removing challenging aspects, so destroying their original concept. Just the same as all other games that have passed away.

Dropping command level 5 pts to 4 is dumbing down the game, they say (in media releases) it will be easier to acquire top command skills, better for the players, better options, better for the game. But making challenges easier like commander points, making gameplay easier or as you say making it “brainless” will ruin the appeal.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Be patient, plan ahead, use PTS to figure out how to cope up with the challenge. Since, knowing WG, I don't think there is any chance that they will undo/redo the patch since this is already in PTS.

WG once decided to reduce the hull thickness of every high tier battleship to 28mm (except premiums) and was applied during 0.5.12 pt phase 1, but this was never applied to the live servers.

Sign in to follow this