Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupusregina

BISMARCK NERFED

54 comments in this topic

24 posts
2,235 battles

I heard they are nerfing bismarck's hydro to the normal one. Why would they do that? That was what made Bismarck safe to charge and lead the team with the secondaries but now it will be harder....... WHY WHY WHY

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

From here:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-060-key-feature/

Bismarck: Hydroacoustic Search was replaced with a standard consumable for Tier VIII.

Looks to be removed totally in the test,not just for Ranked?

An ideas on what the 'standard consumable' replacement would be?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I heard they are nerfing bismarck's hydro to the normal one. Why would they do that? That was what made Bismarck safe to charge and lead the team with the secondaries but now it will be harder....... WHY WHY WHY

They're likely doing this because Bismarck was being sailed pretty exclusively in t8 ranked battles last season. The ~6km hydro coupled with 7-10km secondaries essentially create a no-go zone on capture points, to the point that Bismarck was clearly extensively picked compared to North Carolina and Amagi. She was also eclipsing Admiral Hipper/Prinz Eugen in utility because same hydro on a much, much, *much* better platform.

Basically, Bismarck is going to be replaced with the standard hydro found on other nations, instead of the long-range German one. She'll still have hydro, but it won't be the 6km exclusion zone she currently has.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Understand nerf for Bismarck is probably necessary, but I am sad too as it is my favourite ship to play. 

Just got to be more alert to torpedo attacks now when closing within secondary battery range. 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

They're likely doing this because Bismarck was being sailed pretty exclusively in t8 ranked battles last season. The ~6km hydro coupled with 7-10km secondaries essentially create a no-go zone on capture points, to the point that Bismarck was clearly extensively picked compared to North Carolina and Amagi. She was also eclipsing Admiral Hipper/Prinz Eugen in utility because same hydro on a much, much, *much* better platform.

Basically, Bismarck is going to be replaced with the standard hydro found on other nations, instead of the long-range German one. She'll still have hydro, but it won't be the 6km exclusion zone she currently has.

I have found Yorck to be better at DD killing than Hipper/Eugen myself.I wouldn't blame people for taking Bismarck over them for it!

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

finally, she deserved that nerf holy shit why did they think it is a good idea to put german hydro and a battleship with decent maneuvering 10km secondaries at t8?

actually... i want to say this : IJN DD got nerfed again :facepalm:

it seems that Fubuki smoke last longer than it should be, WG should have just fix it in secret to not cause uproar like this

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Who needs Hydro when you have 10km Secondaries that would be massively buffed with IFHE/HEAP after the skill rework :D

This is what I'm looking at, too. Most of the secondary shellfire is 105mm and does zero damage to Tier 8+ Destroyers and even many superstructures (still starts fires, though). Basically the same issue Akizuki has with HE. With the new IFHE, though, the damage increase is significant, and now with only a -3% fire chance. New Demolition Expert and a couple of fire flags negates this penalty completely.

Scharnhorst, Bismarck, and Friedrich the Grouse will all benefit greatly from this skill. Well, Scharnhorst to a lesser degree since she won't see quite as many Tier 8+ opponents on average.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Jesus Christ, German fanboys.....
How does Hydro= ability to charge ?
That/s moronic
USN and IJN BB captain can charge just fine without hydro, all they need is common sense.
Bismarck is already over performing, statistics says so. I can also say so as I've gone against Bismarck with all the ship classes before. 

Bismarck deserves this nerf

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

WG is doing what valve does to Dota2. If some hero is being picked / banned too much in a tournament, they nerf it to ground (looks at juggernaut, lycan etc).

Same thing for Bismarck in wows. Super dominant.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

WG is doing what valve does to Dota2. If some hero is being picked / banned too much in a tournament, they nerf it to ground (looks at juggernaut, lycan etc).

Same thing for Bismarck in wows. Super dominant.

Its generally hard to punish a Bismarck properly for its mistakes... The hydro was frankly OP.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Its generally hard to punish a Bismarck properly for its mistakes... The hydro was frankly OP.

Yah, it was almost impossible to ambush a Bismarck if she had her hydro up.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Also with the upcoming captain skill, 3x4 build will make Bismarck completely invincible. AFT-Manual secondaries-Manual AA. Or the AFT-Manual secondaries-Concealment expert will also make Bismarck spotted only 2km away from its secondary range.

Hydro soft nerf is quite reasonable. So it's more of a defensive tool instead of using it to lolspot and ambush smoke campers. Now I hope all crybabies will stop stating Bismarck OP like EU server did.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Besides just so everyone know, ordinary t8 hydro only have 1km less ship detection (4.5km) and like 700m less torpedo spotting (which can be buffed back to 3.9km with Vigilance in the future, almost the same with the current one) 

Yeah sure lesser duration by 22 seconds but does it even matter when you have 2 catapult plane ready to fill the hole until hydro up again?

Edited by Vio_Strygun

66 posts
9,624 battles

Can understand people not liking things being taken away... but yeah, it still gets to keep it's almost impossible to hit Citadel.... and the secondaries... and the maneuverability... and its armor.... and...

Sign in to follow this