You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

Petition To Stop The Introduction Of Radio Direction Finding

How will Radio Direction Finding change the game?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How will Radio Direction Finding change The Game

• It will improve the game
    • Very few people will choose it, it will not make much difference
    • Minor impact, I will just choose other ships to play
    • It will have a terrible impact on certain playstyles and will vastly reduce my enjoyment of the game

33 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

If you think Radio Direction Finding shouldn't be added to the game please reply here.

Reply only once so we can have a nice easy count  (there are many other active threads debating the topic).

Remember - even if you  think RDF will have little or no impact you should protest its introduction. It takes up a key 4 point skill slot that could be used for a skill that you would want and positively impacts the game.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

892 posts
7,853 battles

How about you tell us what it does.

After this skill is mastered, the player will see the direction to the nearest enemy ship. The enemy player will be alerted that a bearing was taken on their ship. This skill will not work if a player is playing on an aircraft carrier.

This skill will not work during retraining.

The fact that the a bearing was taken on their ship will be indicated to the player in the same way as when the player's ship was detected by ship, aircraft or with the use of an active consumable

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Remember - even if you  think RDF will have little or no impact you should protest its introduction. It takes up a key 4 point skill slot that could be used for a skill that you would want and positively impacts the game.

Thats actually a good point.It is going to be a waste because only certain players may build there ships with it,and those will be players who specifically want to target DDs.

I don't count Noob players who select if because they can't even handle SA,the mini map,and people yelling at them in chat that there is a DD up their butt about to torp them! :D

I have been trying to tell the DD players ( mainly on the NA forum ),that no sane BB player is going to take it due WG basically nerfing current BB skill builds in the new tree by reshuffling them.And that there are better choices for BB players at T4,plus the reshuffle makes it more expensive to get current skills on the new tree.

If you are going to be spending 15 points to get what you have now for 10 points,you aren't going to be blowing skill points on RDF.

And I am a BB/Cruiser player who hates DDs FYI! WG just needs to replace it with something actually useful that will be used.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Sorry to resurrect this, but just want to remind everyone that it looks like RDF is coming Friday.

A giant spanner is about to get thrown into our favourite game and so far 80% of respondents are negative or neural.

If you are worried, please help communicate to WG by voting and replying.

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

Y

Thats actually a good point.It is going to be a waste because only certain players may build there ships with it,and those will be players who specifically want to target DDs.

I don't count Noob players who select if because they can't even handle SA,the mini map,and people yelling at them in chat that there is a DD up their butt about to torp them! :D

I have been trying to tell the DD players ( mainly on the NA forum ),that no sane BB player is going to take it due WG basically nerfing current BB skill builds in the new tree by reshuffling them.And that there are better choices for BB players at T4,plus the reshuffle makes it more expensive to get current skills on the new tree.

If you are going to be spending 15 points to get what you have now for 10 points,you aren't going to be blowing skill points on RDF.

And I am a BB/Cruiser player who hates DDs FYI! WG just needs to replace it with something actually useful that will be used.

You are wrong its the first skill  take for a BB , You will never to be surprise torped and with two shipped you can easy identity where to the square where the closest ships is and tell your team mates while waiting for your reload.

Please remove the skill.

Super Tester
802 posts

Sorry to resurrect this, but just want to remind everyone that it looks like RDF is coming Friday.

A giant spanner is about to get thrown into our favourite game and so far 80% of respondents are negative or neural.

If you are worried, please help communicate to WG by voting and replying.

Once it's in the patch notes, there are no breaks on this train.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,258 battles

I want to know why they add this skill. What did they expect this skill to achieve? This skill is a must have for DD's and competitive because of how strong wallhack-lite is.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Strange.... In reality radio direction finding only works when the enemy uses their radio...

Ok then in the game you can add the counter skill - 'radio silence' - without this counter skill, i am voting it is a terrible idea.

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

I doubt WG will be removing this, at least not soo soon. In any case, I don't think many will be investing 4 hard earned points on this skill.

Its been included in the 0.6.0 promo video so doubt it will be changed.

Given the choice would probably rather not see it in the game but will adapt when its introduced.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

Comes in about 4th or 5th on the list of level 4 skills I would pick for most my captains ( just maybe, it might be 3rd on my list for British cruisers).

Not worth the worry really.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Too late now guys, here it comes!
I wish they would at least split it into a different patch considering how much game changing stuff is coming in this one. It is like whoever is in charge just got bord and wants to shake things up- like when you're playing sim city and you're sick of your town so you press the earthquake, tornado and Godzilla buttons all at once - just to see what happens. Except in this case we're the sims...

BTW If you don't care, you don't play DDs, but even if you don't play DDs you should care since DDs decide the game.

Anyhow I hope that our community managers can communicate to the development team that on SEA, over 90% of players on the forum don't want this to be introduced. I think we've reached a decent sample size.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

350 posts

BTW If you don't care, you don't play DDs, but even if you don't play DDs you should care since DDs decide the game.

Well, can I ask that I would be exempted from this generalization as I tested this skill in a DD (Farragut) and lost both my ship and the game in the games I have played it. Given it was done in Co-op where bots play better as a team than some players, yet this skill does have its weakness thus my vote above.

In contrast, I had equipped priority target in my New Mexico and ended up getting to Iowa because it was really helpful to know who would be shooting at you in order to fight back.

1,829 posts
8,037 battles

Radio Finding Position

The END of stealth meta

Illegal Wallhax

And much worse than aimbot

This also kills Torpedo WASD hax too :fishpalm:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

213 posts
4,335 battles

Well, can I ask that I would be exempted from this generalization as I tested this skill in a DD (Farragut) and lost both my ship and the game in the games I have played it. Given it was done in Co-op where bots play better as a team than some players, yet this skill does have its weakness thus my vote above.

In contrast, I had equipped priority target in my New Mexico and ended up getting to Iowa because it was really helpful to know who would be shooting at you in order to fight back.

Sorry, if I was message was misunderstood. I respect everyone's opinion, even if they think RDF will improve the game which I find hard to understand. What I meant was no one should be 'don't care cos it's not gonna affect the ships I play', if you took the time to try it on the PT sever, you obviously care.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

I haven't been on the PTS but i can imagine this skill making the game feel more Arcade than Realistic... obviously there a lot of things in the game that do this already but this seem slightly worse and unnecessary to implement. Anyway will just have to see, its coming either way so everyone will have to adapt :)

5 posts
4,405 battles

Meh, I don't think it will be much of an issue. I mainly drive Russian DD's so I'm used to being detected :) I think it will make the game more interesting for awhile.

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/70253-new-commander-skills/

Quote: "What's your opinion on the Radio positioning Finding skill."

It's Great and Balanced (23 votes [2.70%]

It's Ok, just requires a few tweaks. (30 votes [3.53%]

Neutral (44 votes [5.17%] It's broken but it can be fixed (59 votes [6.93%]

Absolute game-breaking mechanic. Should be Removed. (695 votes [81.67%] 

End Quote