Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ScopeAnderson

Extension Date for Santa Presents

21 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

no... wargaing want this as an event for New Year... and extend it to chinese new year

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Change name from Santa Boxes to Ang Pow Boxes.

For some reason, even the End of Year Achievement event is extended even though we've already got all gold. I guess they want to give more people who haven't got it all yet a chance to earn them.

213 posts
4,335 battles

WG... this is trading short term gain for long term loss.  I have been a long time buyer of prem time and prem ships for crew training. 20 USD of Santa boxes and now I have 430 days of prem time and enough enough ship and captain XP boosting flags and camo to last me a year.  In fact I kind of feel like a stooge for having purchase premium camo in the past - the ones you are giving away en mass are much better. Nice for a short christmas promo but don't get addicted!

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

I would post the 'Gimme the Cash' clip from Fifth Element,but as players are actually getting great stuff out of them for not much money its ok!

My brother bought me 3,and I got a Molotov out of them.Not bad for a 1 in 3 chance!

481 posts
7,598 battles

The house always wins guys.

That is true, don't throw good money after bad if you have had no luck with these.

I was fortunate to probably be luckier than most. Ended up with every premium ship that was able to be obtained through presents and ship containers (including the Scharny and the Nikolai !). Absolutely they are a big gamble and an easy way to part with a lot of cash. However I have no issues with supporting a game that up to this point I have been enjoying for free. If I had gone out and bought each premium that I got through the presents it would have cost me way way more than what I spent. Now I have so many ships to try out, heaps of 10 point captains and so many doubloons, flags and camos to use in the future. I just hope more premium ships get added to the in game tech tree to buy with doubloons and not only available through website.

481 posts
7,598 battles

Well done mate! It's a great ship for the tier. The last 3 premiums I got through the presents were the Scharnhorst, Molotov and finally the elusive Nikolai :teethhappy:

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Extending the deadline.... Kinda reminded me of an old lighting warehouse years ago.... it had a closing down sale that lasted 10 years!!! hohoho

892 posts
7,853 battles

Extending the deadline.... Kinda reminded me of an old lighting warehouse years ago.... it had a closing down sale that lasted 10 years!!! hohoho

​Let's not rule out the possibility that Santa gets replaced with a God-of-Fortune as Chinese New Year celebration beckons in Asia

481 posts
7,598 battles

Yep I know what you mean. :teethhappy: Or a shifty bloke selling "genuine" Persian rugs that are always on sale. Warehouse is always overstocked and everything must go at below cost price...... :D
Edited by HobartAWD

481 posts
7,598 battles

Dunno about that but just bought a 1$ crate and got myself a Warspite.

Seriously you bought 1 of the $1 presents and got a Warspite! Well done there. In over 100 of the $1 ones I got no ships at all, either in the presents or in ship drop containers. All of the premium ships I got were from the middle captain ones.

Sign in to follow this