You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

New skill tree. Basic question. Players or developers please

14 comments in this topic

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Please note better, I HAVE NOT PLAYED ON THE TEST SERVER. Looked at Public test feedback, and at the info given on new section of site.

Just unsure, when the game changes to new system, does the number of POINTS you have  get transferred, OR THE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE you have?

ie. I have a few 14 point captains. Do I get 14 points in new system, and then the grind is EASIER past that, OR do I get a REDUCED number of skill points because the amount of Experience required in earlier stages will LOWER the amount of POINTS you SHOULD HAVE HAD at this stage.

ie. Will my 14 skill point captain be ONLY a 10-12 skill point captain in the new system?

Without having played on the public test, the obvious things to note:

a) Majority of players starting new ships vs old hands will be disadvantaged. It will take them longer to get parity (in skills) with those with obscene amounts of experience.

b) Massive amount of feedback about the new Radio direction finding. Almost all angry DD players. Not sure (I have not played new public test) how bad it will change things. Firstly, with just a little experience, and a good bit of map watching, I know from the general direction that sneaky DD will most likely come from. IF it was over in that direction a minute ago, it cant change positions too much. So once I get "your spotted" alert, I will still know where to look (approximately).

c) Does the fire reduction skill calculation change? Currently the skill is not popular because people on forum have noted that the reduction in chance is not total, but a % of your current fire chance, ie 7% of 20% or whatever. So is the fire reduction skill calc changed, so that its a total (flat %) change?

I actually hope that this improves the meta. I can only assume that that was WG idea. (not just to keep people on their toes). The big deal for DD drivers is that it is "Game Breaking" for them with the new Radio direction finding (or sonar). BUT the point is the game was already badly out of kilter. Too many DDs, and the sea was a Torpedo soup. I cant speak for others, but I know that I personally find the threat of DDs to be the major determinant as to whether or not I push in a BB. Now the meta is campy. So campy indeed that the one friend I have that still plays this game with me prefers the "Excitement" and action of PVE. Lets face it, PVP is frequently drawn out and boring, due camping. Sure PVP can give you 3-4 times more xp, but it can take 3-4 more time. Therefore xp harvesting in PVE is more sure (due to easier win).  So despite the lamentations of the DD drivers (and I am certainly one), I actually believe this will make people less inclined to camp.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

In my opinion you will get any point you already had. But the requirement for next point will using the new system.

This is why for the past week all i did is try to get my commanders into atleast point 10 while using the current requirement. And at the same time stop all grind of commanders who reach point 14 and above.

Edited by XP_On

295 posts
6,613 battles

regarding of fire prevention skill, according to notser it's actually good, even better than superintendent (by watching his video build guide on new skills), it's basically limit your max fires to only 3 by combining fire on superstructure to 1 fire, so if you already have 1 fire on your superstructure you won't get another fire unless enemies shooting at your bow or stern which is not really common

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

I actually hope that this improves the meta. I can only assume that that was WG idea. (not just to keep people on their toes). The big deal for DD drivers is that it is "Game Breaking" for them with the new Radio direction finding (or sonar). BUT the point is the game was already badly out of kilter. Too many DDs, and the sea was a Torpedo soup. I cant speak for others, but I know that I personally find the threat of DDs to be the major determinant as to whether or not I push in a BB. Now the meta is campy. So campy indeed that the one friend I have that still plays this game with me prefers the "Excitement" and action of PVE. Lets face it, PVP is frequently drawn out and boring, due camping. Sure PVP can give you 3-4 times more xp, but it can take 3-4 more time. Therefore xp harvesting in PVE is more sure (due to easier win).  So despite the lamentations of the DD drivers (and I am certainly one), I actually believe this will make people less inclined to camp.

The real important matter is that in PvP, "TEAMWORK" is necessary........why there are campers or those who go to the edge of the map are incompetents who just don't know how to use the ship, or it is their first time doing it, or they are just plain cowards........MM is balanced in setting each classes in every match, although it is still broken in matching up in tiers tho.....

If this continues on, why not WG just make the DD class as "CL's" instead, since they are utterly useless in their jobs anymore in this upcoming patch...make the DD's gunboats, or same role as Cruisers now, since torping is obsolete in that time......

:honoring:

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Please note better, I HAVE NOT PLAYED ON THE TEST SERVER. Looked at Public test feedback, and at the info given on new section of site.

Just unsure, when the game changes to new system, does the number of POINTS you have  get transferred, OR THE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE you have?

ie. I have a few 14 point captains. Do I get 14 points in new system, and then the grind is EASIER past that, OR do I get a REDUCED number of skill points because the amount of Experience required in earlier stages will LOWER the amount of POINTS you SHOULD HAVE HAD at this stage.

ie. Will my 14 skill point captain be ONLY a 10-12 skill point captain in the new system?

Without having played on the public test, the obvious things to note:

a) Majority of players starting new ships vs old hands will be disadvantaged. It will take them longer to get parity (in skills) with those with obscene amounts of experience.

b) Massive amount of feedback about the new Radio direction finding. Almost all angry DD players. Not sure (I have not played new public test) how bad it will change things. Firstly, with just a little experience, and a good bit of map watching, I know from the general direction that sneaky DD will most likely come from. IF it was over in that direction a minute ago, it cant change positions too much. So once I get "your spotted" alert, I will still know where to look (approximately).

c) Does the fire reduction skill calculation change? Currently the skill is not popular because people on forum have noted that the reduction in chance is not total, but a % of your current fire chance, ie 7% of 20% or whatever. So is the fire reduction skill calc changed, so that its a total (flat %) change

A. correct, new captains are seriously at a disadvantage to start with, but sticking with them as you go up the tiers pays off in the long run as you get those last tiers a lot quicker.

B. RPF - jury's out on this. Everyone has an opinion - some good, some bad. 

C. Fire prevention i believe is a % taken off the fire starting % chance the firing ship has on you. For example if the ship firing on you has a 30% chance of fire it's reduced to 27% if FP has a 10% reduction. It's pretty insignificant tbh and with it moving to tier 4 maybe not so worth it until you have a 19 pointer. Best benefit is the super structure now as it makes 2 fire locations into 1.

Why do you think it will improve the Meta? If a lot of players take RPF I'd say it'll make it even more campy as the DD's at the front are found quicker and eliminated. If this happens they'll be a lot more reserved in the next few games, if it happens enough they'll learn to hang back. Hopefully it doesn't happen for long, but time will tell.

I'd suggest jumping onto PT to try it for yourself if you get a chance.

Ensign

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Super Tester
802 posts

regarding of fire prevention skill, according to notser it's actually good, even better than superintendent (by watching his video build guide on new skills), it's basically limit your max fires to only 3 by combining fire on superstructure to 1 fire, so if you already have 1 fire on your superstructure you won't get another fire unless enemies shooting at your bow or stern which is not really common

Lol, even with it's "buff" to -10% I still see no reason to use it. I've only had more that 3 fires once in 4 months.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

the new Fire Prevention is not taken because of the fire chance reduction, but due to the new effect, it is insignificant in higher tier due to the natural ship fire starting chance at high tier is low enough that fire prevention didn't really help.

The formula should still be this: [Fire Resistance Coefficient] x ( 1 - [Damage Control Modification 1] - [Fire Prevention] ) x ( [Projectile Base Fire Chance] + [Demolition Expert] + [signals] ) = Fire Chance

so GK with new fire prevention being shot by new DE + signal Takao should have 8,51% chance to get burnt/shell

GK shot by the same Takao but old DE and FP have 9,25% chance to get burnt/shell

GK being shot by that Takao with new DE but without FP should have 9,51% chance to get burnt/shell

As you can see it's not even significant at all but the secondary effect of no more 2 fires in the midsection is just so valuable that it lets you to stay alive way longer against HE barrages. They probably just buff the number so it would not feel weak for t4 skill even though the secondary effect already that good.

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Super Tester
802 posts

Also don't forget the fact that Asia server is based on a different meta than NA / EU, so their opinion skills aren't necessarily the right indication for our server.

Given our heavy cruiser meta there will be some who take it. I will not be one of those people.

124 posts

post-2008398230-0-92762800-1484139403.jp

a) Iirc, MM separate newbies and veterans, I don't know how exactly it works, how often, or how effective. Ask WG.

b) We still don't know how many players will actually train RPF since there are other skills worth training. As for me, I don't play Ranks so I don't think I myself would want to gimp myself for randoms by training RPF considering grinding captains only add more pains to grinding in a F2P games. My highest level captain is only 14 points, the rest hovers at around 10 points.

c) Vio_Strygun explained. TL: DU, the reduction is multiplicative as opposed to DE's addictive.

Post-0.6.0 EXP.jpg

Edited by Quithelion

Beta Tester
908 posts

Are they giving captain point for point transfer or is it based on the lifetime xp of that captain?

I think it should be the later. But now it will take more to get 19 points than originally discussed. Last month the talk was about getting a 16.5 point captain. The life time xp was enough to convert to 19 points. Looks like they rejigged it more so not much of a free lunch now.

To get 19 points you will need an equivalent of a 17.5 point captain. Ie. Grind half way thru the 17th point skill.

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

RPF will change the game very much. As IJN DD can't become ninja anymore if his target has RPF. WG should think more about this skill. And the newest post on website about new skill tree that they explained about RPF but i don't really agree with their reason. Still, this is only my thought:hiding:

295 posts
6,613 battles

Lol, even with it's "buff" to -10% I still see no reason to use it. I've only had more that 3 fires once in 4 months.

yes the fire chance alone still not make this skill worth it, but what make this skill good is the amout of max fire you have, now how often you get 2 fires on your superstructure? if you have fire prevention you will never have another fire on your superstructure, which is a good thing because HE spammers always aiming at your superstructure, but now WG move this skill to tier 4 because maybe they realize at tier 3 this skill is OP, maybe better to spent skill points on another skill