Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Why people kept ranting about RDF/RL?

93 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

Well I'm not exactly a destroyer captain and have stopped playing destroyers in PvP a few months ago but I did start as one. (gave it up because sneaking in stealth isn't my playstyle)

So I tried Z-46 in PT for a game and I don't really feel severely disturbed by this skill. I capped, killed destroyers, spammed HE on battleships in my pathetic little smoke and torped Des Moines.

I do get why people get worried, but please remember these facts.

1. What you will be playing for the majority of the time is not in PT and you will be facing different situations. Like in 0.6.0 PT phase one almost everyone gets a 19-point captain but people will have to go through a long grind to it.

So you will be facing different meta, and the effect RDF has on gameplay may vary.

2. Not everyone has a 80-point captain to take all the skills.

So many people may not have sufficient skill points for RDF, cuz RDF isn't really a "first priority" skill.

3. Many people would like to try new stuff if it doesn't cost him anything.

That's why you may face more RDF in PT. Remember the Swan Lake in T1 even after most people know that Brits' cruisers are fragile and ain't for everyone ? Remember the V-25 fleet even though KM destroyers are considered stupid?

And RDF isn't just for battleships to evade torpes. Destroyers do have use of this skill, for example providing a guide when you torp the smoke, help gun destroyers find their pray, help destroyers avoid being hunted, or neglect the minor concealment difference between some destroyers (for example, Z-52's 6.4km to Shima's 5.9km)

Also, a friend of mine did a survey on a few battleship players, out of the 11 surveyed, only two wound like to pick RDF.

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

if you want an obvious reason: RDF will ruin ranked or any kind of competitive gameplay.

That's what they said back when surveillance radar was added. So how many Chapayev or New Orleans have you seen in this season? Do you think they help the situation much?

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

Everyone's ranting about the RPF

Content Removed

Gosh, this will be a 0.5.3 nightmare folks

RDF deserves to be removed

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

Everyone's ranting about the RPF

Content Removed

Gosh, this will be a 0.5.3 nightmare folks

RDF deserves to be removed

Quote Updated

~tc1259

It's wargaming deal with it.

A lot of players also rant about the economic change in 0.5.12, but it turned out to be quite successful, now people don't just snipe at 20km away and wait for the end of the game.

Edited by tc1259

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

A lot of players also rant about the economic change in 0.5.12, but it turned out to be quite successful, now people don't just snipe at 20km away and wait for the end of the game.

If this affects all BBs and including premium BBs (Catapult Fighter consumable timer nerf), i'll totally Rant non-stop until they listen

Consumable nerfs? Get real WG, you're out of your mind 

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

Have any left for our hope? BBs survival rate below 1% with out consumable

German DDs gone to despair 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

If this affects all BBs and including premium BBs (Catapult Fighter consumable timer nerf), i'll totally Rant non-stop until they listen

Consumable nerfs? Get real WG, you're out of your mind 

The other consumables aren't nerfed according to the 0.6.0 preview patch notes, don't worry.

Content Removed

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

The importance of intel is never enough , never underestimate intel.

RDF broke the game because there is no longer anykind of Fog of War - no more guesses.

RDF is such important of a pick that every tier 4 skill else is not as much. With the intel it provided you can deal with all kinds of situation way more efficiently since you know its coming while every other is situational to some degree or has a setback.

RDF has no such clear setback in match ( like the UNICUM round in WoT).

I dont like a lot of skills in new PT and this is the most disgusting one.

More info on an enemy is always a good thing but this is too much

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

The other consumables aren't nerfed according to the 0.6.0 preview patch notes, don't worry.

Content Removed

Content Removed, quote updated

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

Content Removed

Only one minute 1,000,000 percent

Quote Updated

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

<content removed>

<content removed>

Tell weak AA to Amagi who has Manual AA on , it eats a 6 plane torp squad without being able to drop - weak ?

Quote Updated

~ADM_dude_SG

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

<content removed>

YES:teethhappy::teethhappy::D 

:(:(:( NO.............. NO 

Quote Updated

~ADM_dude_SG

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

Tell weak AA to Amagi who has Manual AA on , it eats a 6 plane torp squad without being able to drop - weak ?

>Manual AA

Sorry, i prefer getting Automatic AA Guns, the Manual skill AA is a joke :fishpalm:

It would been better if Tier VIII-X BBs have 60 seconds catapult fighter nerf

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

<content removed>

Maybe it's time for me to start playing Perth and learn how to use recon planes…

If it's really 60secs, I'll miss the feeling of safety with that trusty mate above my ship

Quote Updated

~ADM_dude_SG

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

Maybe it's time for me to start playing Perth and learn how to use recon planes…

If it's really 60secs, I'll miss the feeling of safety with that trusty mate above my ship

Content Removed

~ADM_dude_SG

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

Soon I will quit play BBs and let DD torped away

//bury me :hiding:

Only CVs will reign upon this game and this game will never be in existence :D :(
Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

Only CVs will reign upon this game and this game will never be in existence :D :(

Nothing more to say Modder will silence us soon

1,844 posts
8,120 battles

what is RDF/RL?

Radio Direct Finding/Radio Position Finding

it still have the sane changes

Also, they nerfed the BB Catapult fighters to hell and even Fubuki's smoke as well as Bismarck's Hydro

:facepalm:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

415 posts
10,918 battles

oh this is about the new captain skills then .... why they have to mess with that is totally beyond me ... i fully expect the game to turn to utter garbage when they make that change

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

oh this is about the new captain skills then .... why they have to mess with that is totally beyond me ... i fully expect the game to turn to utter garbage when they make that change

Yeah we ask for put that RDF/RL off (IDK how does it worst) , End the story Dev

381 posts
9,958 battles

That's what they said back when surveillance radar was added. So how many Chapayev or New Orleans have you seen in this season? Do you think they help the situation much?

At r5-1, every 2 games I see a Chapayev. And tbh they are a game-changing factor if they exist. 7/10 times the team with Chapayev managed to get the cap advantage and won. But radar has its cooldown/charges therefore it's usually used when the whole team want to focus an individual ship down instead of scouting or making tactical decisions, not to mention that it is not available to all ships.

RDF is permanent, usable by all non-CV and in competitive, ship diversity is way less than random. You can use RDF to:

-Position yourself perfectly that you will never get hit by torp from a flanking DD.

-Eliminate the surprise element of enemy DD and any chance of a close range ambush when you have to take risk entering a cap at late game.

-Know the position and chase down a low health target, whose life can cause a decisive change in point and leads to victory/loss.

Radar is a limited resource, RDF isn't. These example are just some common situations in ranked that will never exist if RDF makes it into the game.

This made my day. The economic change was good for non-CV but now people don't snipe and wait for 20mins lul? Recently I play t9-10 a lot and people never want to push until having at least 2 ship advantage. They even bow-on and reverse when it's clear that they need to push very aggressively to recover from a 500 pts lead.

Sign in to follow this