You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

It's nice to see.

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

That the concept  of teamwork is still as unfathomable as ever. Is it that hard to look at a mini-map people? :facepalm:

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

let me guess, lemming trains?

I'm used to that.

It's people in groups of 4+  running away from 1 or 2 DD's that are lit up.

Doesn't help that i'm trying to get back into WoWs and it's sister game WoT has eroded all of my patience with team based games.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Welcome back Lupis.

I put it down to the new year period due to the poor teamwork as there are a lot more people on.

It does have some great teamwork at times, but the best is still divisions.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

yeah, there are players that are way too afraid of dd. i saw a new mex too, running away from a gunboat that is harassing him. lel if i were him, i will close the distance but not close enough for her torpedo to him me, then gun her with my bigger guns.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

People are really not brave and skillful enough to be in and out at the right moment , taking into account every possible outcome and preparing appropriate countermeasures. Now that takes brain and quite a bit of thinking and planning , those that play on average are looking for fun and do not want to stress their mind ( literally using game as a runaway from RL ) and want no hard thinking. So the best option is being at the back , relaxing and just using your right click , no brain needed , no need to touch WASD , no need to consider possible danger while those that are on the forefront are racking their brains trying to stay alive.

There are ships that are best being at the back , but there are also ships that belong to the front , people never give it an ounce of thought and use both with their same playstyle ( A dd refuse to go into cap and type in : i die capping so dont wanna )

0_0 , go with the flow or against the flow , everyone has to make this choice

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I'm certain they do look at the minimap. How else do they know to avoid the cap so well?

Yeah i forget that.

Welcome back Lupis.

I put it down to the new year period due to the poor teamwork as there are a lot more people on.

It does have some great teamwork at times, but the best is still divisions.

yeah i guess i should have remembered about the new year.

1,479 posts

Yes, good old lemming trains are certainly in abundance atm..

But it always seems to be on my side??

(Quick swipe here) does the MM purposely select the lemmings & which side they go on?

I think it has a lot to do with ppl not looking at the minimap, but also ppls overall desire to completely play single & just target the biggest ship in front of them & not worry about the team, just because they want the kill.

It happened to me a number of times yesterday,most noticeable in my Bismarck, where I led an assault on the enemy base in neighbors with another bb & 2 cruisers, we wer driving them away nicely including an enemy Bismarck because I was firing accurately, we get to the red circle then sudddenly my support runs away separately then gets sunk 1 by 1, so I AM suddenly left to die, because the enemy saw that my team nicked off.... Meanwhile 3 BBs are down the bottom of where I was (an upgraded amagi, upgraded nagato & a fuso) just sailing around bumping into each other, at almost full health!! Needless to say we ended up losing.

Another game in my Arizona, 2 brothers map, I had sunk 3 ships & we were doing well, but left our base unmanned, & I saw enemy turned around to cap, I told the fleet & they said they don't care!!!

So here I am steaming as fast as possible to our base, while closer ships actually sail away from our base!!!

I take on the 3 enemies, but I get sunk under heavy fire & we lose the game.

So, I have to question what ppl want to do in the game at all, because it is frustrating to lose when we don't need to.

Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

My personal favourite is when they lemming into a lemming ball and then don't push, that really annoys me.

2 posts
407 battles

It never ceases to amaze me that in every​ game, there's always one group who were born winners, who never had to learn and have always played perfectly from day one.

The solution should be simple - if you don't want randoms making it too hard to play and screwing with your precious stats, then don't play Random Battles.. the clue is right there in the name.

Go and play Team battles... at least you know who you're gonna get :)

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

Come on Schprocket. It's not like that at all. We put in the hours and learnt. Some people don't seem to have learnt how the game is won or lost, despite playing in higher tiers.

307 posts
6,410 battles

Yes, good old lemming trains are certainly in abundance atm..

But it always seems to be on my side??

(Quick swipe here) does the MM purposely select the lemmings & which side they go on?

I think it has a lot to do with ppl not looking at the minimap, but also ppls overall desire to completely play single & just target the biggest ship in front of them & not worry about the team, just because they want the kill.

It happened to me a number of times yesterday,most noticeable in my Bismarck, where I led an assault on the enemy base in neighbors with another bb & 2 cruisers, we wer driving them away nicely including an enemy Bismarck because I was firing accurately, we get to the red circle then sudddenly my support runs away separately then gets sunk 1 by 1, so I AM suddenly left to die, because the enemy saw that my team nicked off.... Meanwhile 3 BBs are down the bottom of where I was (an upgraded amagi, upgraded nagato & a fuso) just sailing around bumping into each other, at almost full health!! Needless to say we ended up losing.

Another game in my Arizona, 2 brothers map, I had sunk 3 ships & we were doing well, but left our base unmanned, & I saw enemy turned around to cap, I told the fleet & they said they don't care!!!

So here I am steaming as fast as possible to our base, while closer ships actually sail away from our base!!!

I take on the 3 enemies, but I get sunk under heavy fire & we lose the game.

So, I have to question what ppl want to do in the game at all, because it is frustrating to lose when we don't need to.

Ordrazz

I hear your pain, many players see one ship down in the battle and run off saving coins in the hope they do not get sunk.  I had numerous times when we had 6 ships trying to take opponents zone IE 3 vs our 6 and me 1 vs 4 of the enemies in my zone .... I sometimes managed to hold them off .... perhaps sinking perhaps just hitting the closest target with torps and guns etc... and i get in the bottom 3 .... most likely sunk and we win the game cause our team took the zone .... i get less XP etc .... but if i had of run away like they do we would have lost for sure.   Many times i can handle 4 ships at the same time and we lose all cause they left our base to one ship.