You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

CV doesn't need an interference rework

25 comments in this topic

346 posts

So it goes like this

USN CVs are generally hard play because they have until tier 9 111 as stock loadout which isn't bad It fare pretty well against 2 fighter squads but no so well (but not bad) against 312 it's near impossible to beat saipan but saipan can't prevent ranger from doing damage entirely. I have not played as much IJN but my honsho does twice as much damage as my langley did on average. In all the complaints about CVs it tends to be squad loadouts and AA (and saipan) but there is nothing wrong with the UI All problems with UI can be solved with an ingame tutorial 

99 posts
1,653 battles

You can't prove it doesn't need a rework without seeing what possibilities they come up with, if they can improve the game then why not; and a rework doesn't mean there can't be a re-balance as well.

346 posts

the ui is BUGGY and VERY HARD TO USE, that's why, or do you actually think the UI was for USN CVs, both USN and IJN are suffering here

I never said UI was buggy for USN Only What Im saying forget about bugs for a bit There is a lack of a tutorial so many people don't know how to manual drop or strafe 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

then they need both a tutorial and a rework, and if a player cant strafe and auto drop they cant surive high tiers just like how broadsiding BB/CA or YOLO DDs cant surive

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

guess you haven't suffered from clicking on your ship without realizing or clicking on the map instead of the actual battle screen

thats why I quit CV lol

203 posts
11,788 battles

I never said UI was buggy for USN Only What Im saying forget about bugs for a bit There is a lack of a tutorial so many people don't know how to manual drop or strafe 

So you're saying giving waypoints for your squads and you want to make a tiny adjustment (Like traditional RTS game) just to find out you did nothing to adjust at all because you accidently click on existing waypoint (WoWS requires you to HOLD your mouse on that existed waypoint and move it) is fine and nothing should be done ?

Not to mention some even experienced a total lost control of everything in the middle of the battle !

CV needs both UI rework + a tutorial for manual drop and strafing.

Edited by MikuChrome

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

guess you haven't suffered from clicking on your ship without realizing or clicking on the map instead of the actual battle screen

thats why I quit CV lol

1. Order squadron 1 to fly mid

2. Order squadron 2&3 to fly east

3. Order squadron 4 to fly west

4. Enemy fighters intercepting 2&3

5. Press through 2, 3 and 1 to order 2&3 to retreat and 1 to intercept

6. Realise that the order for squadron 3 didn't go through because you clicked "too quickly"

7. Also somehow the game changed to the carrier controls in between and you've just ordered the ship

to rush B

Worse interface and controls than Dune 2000... mind... boggling... and WG used to make strategy games...

Oh well, 2017, the year of CV reworks, both ui and balance... we'll see what WG can come up with... ...

As usual, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Lol... Another post out of pure frustration against Saipan...

CVs do need a UI rework no matter how much you deny it.. they are buggy... and lots of times when i click and drag squads are not selected instead it goes to waypoint mode for CV's route and makes it move which is really annoying...

And not to say sudden loss of control... it is just painfull

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

always blame Saipan

find who play Atlanta with manual AA + full AA suite and division

manual AA can beat Saipan ( I use MAA with my Atlanta result RIP Saipan 28 planes were shot down)

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

You can fight Saipan on equal terms when having a captain with Air Supremacy learned. The problem with Saipan is not with the carriers but the captain helming them : they almost always have 15 points captain ( duh , it is a premium ship) compare to yours that might not have it yet so it is not equal right from the start.
I do agree that without AS skill you will be royally outclassed in the match , but that is the effect of AS skill. Without it , Saipan are easy to deal with since your FT will do considerable damage and still outammo him.
Do also note that on average those that use Saipan have used it for a fairly long time and therefore their skills are pretty good considering that.

Super Tester
419 posts
4,198 battles

always blame Saipan

find who play Atlanta with manual AA + full AA suite and division

manual AA can beat Saipan ( I use MAA with my Atlanta result RIP Saipan 28 planes were shot down)

Urgent new, not all cruiser have good AA like Atlanta. And not many player have manual AA to begin with.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

Urgent new, not all cruiser have good AA like Atlanta. And not many player have manual AA to begin with.

Dude , most bb will buy this skill if they dont use secondary build. That is just how ridiculous it is on high tiers even though carriers are so few

58 posts
3,805 battles

There are UI problems for sure, most of it is just plain irritating and can be avoided after u had a number of games when you see your CV has autopilot to the front lines and died.

CV ia very skill dependent, so thats where most complain comes from. A skilled USN 013 player can usually outdamage a IJN even if they have 3 fighters.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

CV ia very skill dependent, so thats where most complain comes from. A skilled USN 013 player can usually outdamage a IJN even if they have 3 fighters.

I would say that 312 IJN will shut down a 013 completely if he has Air Supremacy skill , against 312 that dont , 013 can to certain extent out damage them.

The strafe from 5 FT squad is much much more dangerous than from 4 FT ones and for this very reason 013 US will have the most challenging game to even do some contribution to the match.

013 will out damage IJN if you can align strikes against BB , but it will fail if you spend too much time trying to rid dd ( personal experience ). General rule of thumb : If you cant damage or kill dd with the 1st run , look for a "bigger ship" on the sideline and nuke him to sway the front.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

Everyone complains about CV UI.

Me, I don't care. I'm used to it

Everyone complains about CV UI.

Me, I don't care. I'm used to it

Current UI is extremely uncomfortable once you have to manage 6+ squad INDEPENDANTLY to maximize effectiveness

110 posts
1,474 battles

1. Order squadron 1 to fly mid

2. Order squadron 2&3 to fly east

3. Order squadron 4 to fly west

4. Enemy fighters intercepting 2&3

5. Press through 2, 3 and 1 to order 2&3 to retreat and 1 to intercept

6. Realise that the order for squadron 3 didn't go through because you clicked "too quickly"

7. Also somehow the game changed to the carrier controls in between and you've just ordered the ship

to rush B

Worse interface and controls than Dune 2000... mind... boggling... and WG used to make strategy games...

Oh well, 2017, the year of CV reworks, both ui and balance... we'll see what WG can come up with... ...

As usual, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

this so much. I also click too quickly in ships making torp spreads sometimes. Because I usually push my cv as close to the front as I can get it without being spotted, I especially love it when the game decides I don't want to move a squad but my cv after all.

980 posts
12,617 battles

to rush B

Oh WOW it's not just me! 

I thought I was a crappy CV player because I kept doing this. I kept wondering how I selected the carrier to move accidentally without hitting the 1-key.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Current UI is extremely uncomfortable once you have to manage 6+ squad INDEPENDANTLY to maximize effectiveness

It's not uncomfortable. It is exactly what I want. Simple and easy to use. Oh and I've played Hakuryu and Taiho on PST and on NA. They are fine. Just stack your squadron together and shit on everything. It isn't that hard. But I also am very good with microing because I used to play lots of PTS games. War Game Red Dragon. Age of empire etc

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Time to slow down your clicks till the UI reworks are in? Hehe

Hence why I rarely play CVs these days.

I don't ever want to get rid of the muscle memory for RTS games to constantly click on something.