Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Torpedo Reaction Time Table

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

Here's a table showing the various reaction times of the Tier 9 Torpedo boats, with and without the Torpedo Acceleration skill.

Reaction Time No Bonus Vigilance Vigilance and Acquisition Normal Hydro T9 German Hydro T9

Yuugumo T93m2

10.0km, 2 x 4

9.76s 12.20s 14.64s 18.77s 22.56s

Yuugumo T93m2 with TA

8.0km, 2 x 4

9.08s 11.35s 13.62s 17.47s 20.99s

Yuugumo F3

8.0km, 2 x 4

9.62s 12.02s 14.42s 16.55s 19.89s

Fletcher

10.5km, 2 x 5

8.16s 10.20s 12.24s 19.06s 22.90s

Fletcher with TA

8.4km, 2 x 5

7.58s 9.48s 11.38s 17.71s 21.29s

Z-46

10.0km, 2 x 4

8.04s 10.05s 12.06s 18.77s 22.56s

Z-46 with TA

8.0km, 2 x 4

7.48s 9.35s 11.22s 17.47s 20.99s

This has me thinking that maybe a Kagerou with Torpedo Acceleration would be better than Yuugumo at landing torpedo salvoes.

94 posts
2,795 battles

Yūgumo torps.... thats waaaay a lot of time to react especially for CAs... welp Fletcher has always been the best t9 DD anyway

Edited by Lightning_Ene

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

The F3s on Yuugumo and Shimakaze are still the best if you're dealing with assured spotting (ie Hydro or Dual Catapult planes), but in that case you could still argue that a 16 second reaction time is no better than 25 seconds or 60 seconds - it's more than enough time to evade them.

94 posts
2,795 battles

Don't oxygen torpedoes leave less visible trails, and shouldn't they thus be harder to spot and react to?

yeah... historically, long lance oxygen torps released less bubble trails as compared to the hydrogen-peroxide 533s of the americans (iirc)... but i think WG needed to balance out the heavily superior torpedo speeds of IJN or something..

94 posts
2,795 battles

wait what!? how come USNDD ... a 'gunboat' have less reaction time than torpedo boat!?

USN torps are marginally harder to spot in game
Edited by Lightning_Ene

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

USN torps are marginally harder to spot in game

The F3s have a 36% higher detection radius than Fletcher's torps, while the Type 93s have a 21% higher detection radius. It's a bit more than marginal.

341 posts
3,994 battles

From the perspective of someone who doesn't even play destroyers short of Umiclubze, if they buffed IJN DD torpedoes to more (relatively) realistic levels with good speed and less reaction time, I wouldn't mind. I don't really see IJN DDs as very competitive or special as they currently stand.

1,124 posts

admit it

WG personally hate IJNDD torpedo line

they intentionally  and purposely made them underpower...

T_T

my shimakaze life it utterly poor out come, there is numerous way to spot me and my torpedo...

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

I dont understand why they dont give IJN their deserved best torp in every torp criteria ? Their guns are fairly only for show , well they could make the range limited to prevent torp soup , but they should reduce their torp detection range to something more pallateable. I am fine with having their guns being even more abysmal , but atleast give them a torp that make ppl fear instead of just WASD and thats it.

F3 torp are very dangerous yeah , but when you get close to 8km gunboat dd or radar will rekt you , the other 2 torps choices are equally bad , really why doesnt WG give us choices that are competitively useful instead of indirectly forcing us only to use F3.

A Shima right now is more of a weight than a lifting for the team , there are just too many things out there that prevent torps from being decently useful as a deterrence.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

F3 torp are very dangerous yeah , but when you get close to 8km gunboat dd or radar will rekt you

Are you implying this wasn't done on purpose so people wouldn't get hit by torps anymore?

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Are you implying this wasn't done on purpose so people wouldn't get hit by torps anymore?

They are changing the meta to short range shotgun style ambush instead of long range deterrance , if you look at it , US torps are much better at this role than IJN long range torp. I say no to it , US dd torp can be good but not like the most valuable on the server right now with that low detect range and 16.5km !!!.

Torp alpha damage of IJN is very high , but do you often hit it ? especially when reload approach 2 minutes and your pew pew cant scare anyone who isnt a dd.

And look at the health pool of BB , most wont die when they have that much time to react and 1-2 torp will only set them back a bit. But yeah the change i think is to make long range torp no longer has a chance to hit anyone.

Sign in to follow this