Sign in to follow this  
Burnt_Out_Koalas

Advanced communication controls

8 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,410 battles

Hi Guys,

This is my first post and I have been playing for sometime.  I learnt how to highlight parts on the map of concern and protect that target or even take a ZONE etc.... however I still have not learned how to get people to follow me with those big WHITE ARROWS on my ship.   For me this is important as in many games i play everyone just does their thing.  I even asked a DD partner to work on the smoke and TORPs together but they just do not respond.  Teamwork in the ASIA WOWs seems very different to the American game-play videos i see in that people talk heaps more and work together more.  Most games i see F7 or support that target and that is it.   Also i wanted to know how you can use the Function Keys to all players in the chat?  I know you can switch to all by the TAB key but when i use the function keys like "good luck and fair seas" nothing works.

Thank you in advance.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

welcome in forums and congrats on your first thread!

one reason why some players wont respond to request is language barrier since asia is compose of many different languages. other explanation is they dont know how teamwork works, usally they just do their things and just wanted to earn ribbons by themselves but they dont know that teaming up with a players can get them more. but still theres some people prefer teaming up with other players though. 

one of the best way is division with them and use voice chat though limited players only can be in div.

btw i dont why the tab+function key is not working but it works fine on me. 

307 posts
6,410 battles

Okay so what about those BIG WHITE Arrows to follow me?  Also i havent tried the VOICE chat but i will have a look at it.

BTW thank you about your comments on the language barriers, i suspect this is very much true.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

If you somehow manage to hover your reticle over your ship or near it and use F3 then those arrows you're looking for will appear along with the "Provide cover for x" message in team chat but i don't think its easy to do it for your own ship lol. It is possible though as I have seen it before :)

307 posts
6,410 battles

If you somehow manage to hover your reticle over your ship or near it and use F3 then those arrows you're looking for will appear along with the "Provide cover for x" message in team chat but i don't think its easy to do it for your own ship lol. It is possible though as I have seen it before :)

Yes i have done this on other ships as you mentioned.  However i have seen gamers do it .... they have TWO BIG Arrows asking to push forward.  That is what i am looking for considering that the language barriers we have on the Asian WoW server limits the conversations and understanding of teamwork.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

thats

F7 - request support

meanwhile if u want to use F3 to ur self..

use right click and hold it. hover the mouse to ur ship, press F3

Ah yes what ^Re said. I forgot about F7 and i use it all the time :D

Sign in to follow this