Aaditya_AJ

Things In The Game That Needs To Be Changed

43 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Firstly, I wanna talk about MM from different Classes are suffering..... How it effects the player base....

CVs :-   

I think it is time for CVs to have +/-1 MM because they are having to face lot of advantages in some cases and as well as disadvantages.... I don't wanna speak about Loadouts and all because I'm not a CV player but I've played them and seen how they have been played to some extent..... We all know that compared to population of other 3 Classes CV Population is extremely low.... Maybe because CVs are limited to 2 in T4,T5,T6 and from T8 are limited to 1 per side.... And I consider this is balanced.... 

Now why I want +/-1 MM for CVs is that they find it very hard to counter ships which are +2 tier from them... and the ships which are -2 tier from them are being abused... by closing the gap you can give CV better chance to improve and other ships to have an understanding over how to over come CVs...... 

For example (CVs having to face +2 ships) lot of CV players agree to this If you are in a Independence or Ryujo facing NCs or Amagi they are hard to even get close to... and sometimes they are the only lowest tier in the match.... which makes them feel useless....

For example (CVs having to face -2 ships) Well CV players find it extremely easy to DS any ship they want which is really not good for the gameplay sakes.... 

BBs :- 

This class in particularly solely depends  mostly depends upon RNG other than player's skill.... And most of the players consider has enjoyed lot of privileges... which it has been but is struggling in mid tiers... and Mid tiers is the place where players get a grip on how to play or how to do stuff... But most of the matches being +2 makes players to think T7 ships are overpowered and where as T7 ships completely over power T5 ships... 

Every line has it's speciality but by making them play against far more advanced ships is covering all the advantages it has and making a player think they are useless..... And Almost all of the players might agree due to the current MM only Konig is playable ship... 

And mid tier players like me are being effected by the playstyle adapted by the players in those tiers... They adapt to passive style and make a foundation for their own loss.....

Competitive players straight up blame the WG for making such bad MM and eventually leaving the game... 

CAs :- 
This Class is most enjoyable class than any class in the game... But is being overwhelmed by the MM... at times MM gives a team all the T5 ships and as their counter it gives T6 ships to enemy team and in some cases goes bizarre and puts up T5 vs T7... 

Being less armored itself leaves player with fear in his mind and making MM like this makes player Yolo and by that putting his own team at disadvantage... In reality MM has done the mistake and player has to bare the disappointment...

And by this players don't even want to move up the tiers anymore... it is just hard to even earn any xp or credits... 

DDs :-
This Class has different problem compared to other classes... It is the most suffered class by MM... because DDs are classified into gunboats and torpedo boats and USN DDs being in the mid...

MM at times in domination puts all the gunboats on one side and torpedo boats on other side... Which means Gunboats have better probability of winning the cap vs Torpedo boats... and at times MM puts only one DD on one team and no DD on the other team, on the Domination mode...

I don't think this can be changed but it leaves a huge impact on the outcome of the match itself...

Conclusion :-
This game particularly depends upon MM to survive... and MM itself being faulty is a huge disadvantage to the gameplay... And due to MM lot of players are leaving the game(In the small amounts ofc) but if this goes on someday there will be no player base in T5-T6 to make a match...

I'm talking about new incoming players wanting to continue with T5 and T6 grinds or move over to the next game. (Mainly about Increasing the current player base)

This is my Opinion... Feel free to agree or disagree...

Edit :- This was today's MM why cannot we make the MM like this???

pMCPjXm.jpg

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

94 posts
2,795 battles

Do agree to some degree about the CL/CAs as cruisers generally rely on their tools to survive... and as most mid-tier ships have less tools of the trade of cruisers at their disposal gives them quite a huge disadvantage if we assume that most casual players (who are usually in these tiers) have almost the same skill level and in-game knowledge.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Some ships deal with +2/-2 MM fine , but a lot are particular sensitive. While i think +/-1 MM is good for some ships and CV , i find that +/-1 decrease ships pool for the game drastically - taking longer for MM to get a match and also it is rather boring to meet a lesser number of ships

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Am I the only one who dont mind the +/- 2 MM spread that much?Sure the T5 will struggle against T7 ships  but they can still deal a lot of damage against them if  played right.Besides,I think T5 BBs have the easiest time because most of the T7 ships they encountered are T7 cruisers.I strongly  disagree only Konig is the playable ship in the current MM.All  T5 ships are playable against T7 ships,its just take a bit more effort and smart play to do well.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Some ships deal with +2/-2 MM fine , but a lot are particular sensitive. While i think +/-1 MM is good for some ships and CV , i find that +/-1 decrease ships pool for the game drastically - taking longer for MM to get a match and also it is rather boring to meet a lesser number of ships

Am I the only one who dont mind the +/- 2 MM spread that much?Sure the T5 will struggle against T7 ships  but they can still deal a lot of damage against them if  played right.Besides,I think T5 BBs have the easiest time because most of the T7 ships they encountered are T7 cruisers.I strongly  disagree only Konig is the playable ship in the current MM.All  T5 ships are playable against T7 ships,its just take a bit more effort and smart play to do well.

Well Here in this Topic particularly I'm talking about new players and making the player base grow... Not talking about the current player base and just staying here... and yesterday night i went on a marathon played like 15 or so matches... time it took was 20secs with 1300 players online and Matches were still 12v12. I don't know how you assume it'll take longer if +/-1 MM is implemented...

And I say this again I'm not talking about players who crossed T5 and T6 stages... I'm talking about new players who are grinding everything from the start with less knowledge about the game...

459 posts
8,260 battles

I agree the CV's need some MM changes basically for the reasons you stated, but the other classes don't suffer any where near as bad unless you're a newer player. Perhaps the MM could use a players number of battles/tier to help decide whether or not they should get the +2 MM at T5 and below? That way newbies can have a easier start and get introduced to +2 MM before they finish the T5 grind.

The T5 BBs of all types can do well in a T7 game, it requires an experienced player to achieve that though. I sometimes come top of the team in situations like this.

T5 cruisers suffer more from being in T7 matches, it's doable, but there are less options for making a difference than other classes have.

DD suffer the least from +2 MM as long as the enemy DDs are on the same tier. The detection range is shorter for lower tier DDs, so they can use that to their advantage.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I  would gladly wait an extra 2 minutes if it guarantees +1/-1 MM. Try to play an Omaha in a tier 7 game. I dare you

That's what I'm talking about and for a new player it is almost impossible to with it... Even myself I almost gave up with USN cruiser line... 

I agree the CV's need some MM changes basically for the reasons you stated, but the other classes don't suffer any where near as bad unless you're a newer player. Perhaps the MM could use a players number of battles/tier to help decide whether or not they should get the +2 MM at T5 and below? That way newbies can have a easier start and get introduced to +2 MM before they finish the T5 grind.

The T5 BBs of all types can do well in a T7 game, it requires an experienced player to achieve that though. I sometimes come top of the team in situations like this.

T5 cruisers suffer more from being in T7 matches, it's doable, but there are less options for making a difference than other classes have.

DD suffer the least from +2 MM as long as the enemy DDs are on the same tier. The detection range is shorter for lower tier DDs, so they can use that to their advantage.

Well m8 I'm not talking about you or the players with skill set like you I'm talking about new players

DDs least suffer yes but read what I said about them... I didn't say MM is effecting their gameplay..,I said it effects the out come of the match...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I agree with most of your point there.. Esp for tier 5s. It should be +1/-1 MM... Since most new players will get endlessly frustrated if they get +2mm constantly. It doesn't take long to from tier 1 to 5 and since most good ships for new players start from tier 4 to 5 (tier 3 and below in some cases). The issue here is getting new players to advance through the tiers. I remember staying mostly around tier 4 to 5 to learn the game (and to seal club). But now I don't even touch tier 5s.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I agree with most of your point there.. Esp for tier 5s. It should be +1/-1 MM... Since most new players will get endlessly frustrated if they get +2mm constantly. It doesn't take long to from tier 1 to 5 and since most good ships for new players start from tier 4 to 5 (tier 3 and below in some cases). The issue here is getting new players to advance through the tiers. I remember staying mostly around tier 4 to 5 to learn the game (and to seal club). But now I don't even touch tier 5s.

Yeah That is what I'm trying to explain... and some even get to T6 easily with the free xp they get... But with Current MM new players are feeling discouraged... not frustrated(It is the word i'll use when teams are worse)... And T5 has most lovable ships next to T10...

459 posts
8,260 battles

That's what I'm talking about and for a new player it is almost impossible to with it... Even myself I almost gave up with USN cruiser line... 

Well m8 I'm not talking about you or the players with skill set like you I'm talking about new players

DDs least suffer yes but read what I said about them... I didn't say MM is effecting their gameplay..,I said it effects the out come of the match...

Which is why I made the suggestion I did, that newbies get +1 MM based upon how many matches they have at T5. It would give them a chance to build up some skill before they get +2 MM, which is difficult with any tier/class until you get more skill. Myself, I'm average according to warships today, so I'm sure most people can work with +2 MM after they have time to acquire the required skill.

The poor MM is happening since they made T2-T4 +1 MM. If you extended this to T5 for everyone it will simply move the problem up to T6 which is already currently suffering. It wouldn't solve the problem. CV's represent such a small part of the population that giving them alone +1 MM wouldn't cause a problem.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I  would gladly wait an extra 2 minutes if it guarantees +1/-1 MM. Try to play an Omaha in a tier 7 game. I dare you

Try playing Admiral Hipper in a Tier10 game. Abysmal damage because you get focused as soon as you are spotted by various Yamatos, GKs and Montanas, and you take multiple citadels through the bow or the stern from 16km away within minutes. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Try playing Admiral Hipper in a Tier10 game. Abysmal damage because you get focused as soon as you are spotted by various Yamatos, GKs and Montanas, and you take multiple citadels through the bow or the stern from 16km away within minutes. 

try playing a Pensacola in a tier 9 game :trollface:

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

really good explanation and observation, i can relate, except the cruisers since i just play them and enjoyed so i unconsciously ignored the earnings and exp and manage to earn exp to research ibuki but i dont have the money since i grind my t9 bb. 

the carriers population made the high tiers less populated and made the mm 1v1 cv or sometimes none.

the +/-2mm really is a pain in the neck, especially in weekends where the onlive population is inflated. imagine a BB t9 facing almost all enemy with t7 and 78 ca and bb, that t9 bb will surely enjoy the situation meanwhile the team facing a high tier (example in position A) loses morale and most of them just sale away (especially on weekends)  

i think the population is already in good numbers to have a strict +/-1mm since i dont experience a queue wait (usually is wait about 5-10 seconds). if a queue gets more reach an allotted like 2-5 mins and that where the +/-2mm goes.

btw this should be in suggestion instead of general discussion so wg have high chances to see this thread

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,339 battles

BBs :- 

CAs :- 

This Class has different problem compared to other classes... It is the most suffered class by MM... because DDs are classified into gunboats and torpedo boats and USN DDs being in the mid...

MM at times in domination puts all the gunboats on one side and torpedo boats on other side... Which means Gunboats have better probability of winning the cap vs Torpedo boats... and at times MM puts only one DD on one team and no DD on the other team, on the Domination mode...

I don't think this can be changed but it leaves a huge impact on the outcome of the match itself...

Conclusion :-

i wanna comment something about MM's DD fixture

too many times i was drawn in team with less DD in our side this week

i say you can have extra BB and extra CA/CLs whatever, but extra DD is usually made all the difference in the match

especially in games like domination and epicenter where DDs were essential to the game and the extra BB they compensate us with is just an extra food for the enemy DDs

on another note, i think they should limit how much 'smoke cruiser' a team can have, some unbalance game where oppostion team got too many smoke cruiser, not even DDs dare to cap now

892 posts
7,853 battles

i wanna comment something about MM's DD fixture

too many times i was drawn in team with less DD in our side this week

i say you can have extra BB and extra CA/CLs whatever, but extra DD is usually made all the difference in the match

especially in games like domination and epicenter where DDs were essential to the game and the extra BB they compensate us with is just an extra food for the enemy DDs

on another note, i think they should limit how much 'smoke cruiser' a team can have, some unbalance game where oppostion team got too many smoke cruiser, not even DDs dare to cap now

​Matched into a team with less DD is one thing I've encountered a lot of too recently. Making the situation more dire, the other team also got all the radar ships.

207 posts
8,167 battles

CVs :-   

I think it is time for CVs to have +/-1 MM because they are having to face lot of advantages in some cases and as well as disadvantages.... I don't wanna speak about Loadouts and all because I'm not a CV player but I've played them and seen how they have been played to some extent..... We all know that compared to population of other 3 Classes CV Population is extremely low.... Maybe because CVs are limited to 2 in T4,T5,T6 and from T8 are limited to 1 per side.... And I consider this is balanced.... 

Now why I want +/-1 MM for CVs is that they find it very hard to counter ships which are +2 tier from them... and the ships which are -2 tier from them are being abused... by closing the gap you can give CV better chance to improve and other ships to have an understanding over how to over come CVs...... 

For example (CVs having to face +2 ships) lot of CV players agree to this If you are in a Independence or Ryujo facing NCs or Amagi they are hard to even get close to... and sometimes they are the only lowest tier in the match.... which makes them feel useless....

For example (CVs having to face -2 ships) Well CV players find it extremely easy to DS any ship they want which is really not good for the gameplay sakes.... 

im more concern about this two...

for CV : WG need fix CV problem A.S.A.P

so many suggestion from player from forum NA,EU and ASIA, but they just listening lol

for DD : they need rebalance again MM for DD

hey its not funny when your team is full of torpedo boat and enemy most of them is gunboat lol

Edited by Gesterbein

307 posts
6,410 battles

Well try using a T5 German DD vs T7.  Slow rudder shift, can be seen from the moon when they fire and very little HE damage.   That aside, i am a reasonable DD player and i have a couple of USN and RU and IJN DD's around the T8-T9 and i find that once a CV is in play only the GUN Ships have any chance of doing damage if your CV is not protecting you.  Hunted down like a DOG simply by having the CV Fighter planes follow you without doing much anti-aircraft damage.  I rarely doing well with IJN ships vs CV in T8 or T9 if focused on by the CV's.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

I dont see much problem in +2/-2 matchmaking.

There are few ships that have couple problem when being uptiered (mostlycruisers). but most were not.

The problem were economic benefit for having to deal with that unlucky draw were small

I would prefer if the Uptiered ship gain additional free EXP multiplier. 

100% extra for +2 and 50% extra for +1

124 posts

BB

It's the pacing newbies need to work on. They need to plan where they should be every next 5 minutes into the game, to help the team win.

CL/CA

Not much to say except ships that shoot rainbow shells trying to adapt to campier Tier VI-VII matches are pooping rainbows on their own deck.

---

It's probably how ships are progressing up the tiers. We went from shoot-em-up mode low tiers to Tier V (and up) campy mode.

It was fun YOLOing in low tiers and no worry of long range metal fishes. DDs are always lit up. Shooting AP shells into broadsides is still a new concept at this point.

Speaking from my own experience, it's at T5 (Omaha) that I began citadels CA/CL non-stop, which is probably how I slightly contributed to mid tiers newbies shying away from brawling anymore :hiding:

Iirc WG programmed MM to consciously separate veterans from constantly seal clubbing newbies but I don't know to how much degree. WG could tightens the MM to +/-1 for newbies until they have at least 50 games, unless there are queues 4 to 5 minutes in waiting due to lack of players?

If newbies that are in desperate need to grind (for whatever reasons) but failed to learn and appreciate the game, they'll get burned out themselves. Just have fun.

980 posts
12,617 battles

try playing a Pensacola in a tier 9 game :trollface:

I do much better in the Pensacola. Fire chance is amazing and I duno about you guys, but I work the rudder of my cruisers very hard, and I would consider myself very difficult to hit in a Pensacola at ranges of 13km or greater. 

No rudder on my Admiral Stripper though :(

381 posts
9,957 battles

I strongly support your argument on +/-1 MM for CV. It's totally not fun for enemy Fuso to get deleted 4 mins into the game by my Shokaku, or when my Shokaku planes get shat on by t10 AA and can't do much to get exp/credit as it can only spot with the current passive meta. For t5-7 MM, a simple fix would be to set an additional rule where you would never have to be bottom tier for more than 3 matches in a row (not reset when changing ship), but iirc WG turned down that option already.