You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusin_Rage

Balancing CV's

48 comments in this topic

31 posts
7,902 battles

Ok so like so many non CV captains I am so sick to death of the relentless manual torping, every carrier game if your carrier isnt on top of his game you loss over half your health in a BB if not getting completed destroyed in one torp run in real life this was not the case. DD getting torped and not having any chance at all to dodge the torps is ridiculous.  Torp bombers died very easily

"The Devastator proved to be a death trap for its crews: slow and hardly maneuverable, with poor armor for the era; its speed on a glide-bombing approach was a mere 200 mph (320 km/h), making it easy prey for fighters and defensive guns alike. The aerial torpedo could not even be released at speeds above 115 mph (185 km/h).[19] Torpedo delivery requires a long, straight-line attack run, making the aircraft vulnerable, and the slow speed of the aircraft made them easy targets for the Mitsubishi A6M Zeros. Only four TBDs made it back to Enterprise, none to Hornet and two to Yorktown, without scoring a torpedo hit." (from wikipedia)

In game they are not exposed to RNG like a gun salvo giving players a chance and making it a game. DD torps can be spotted and dodged at a distance again giving a chance of evasion.
The manual torp doesn't not.

Fixes

1. Do away with manual Torping

2. Buff the dive bombers, make the area of target for a dive bomber smaller for auto bombing (eg:saipan bomb radius)

3. Give carriers ability to replenish spent aircraft after squadrons are decimated (say 360 sec reload) like they flew in reinforcements

4. Torp planes must slow down to launch torps making them vulnerable to AA fire

5. Lower the reload time for planes on the deck to only a few seconds

I believe this would bring a better level of balance to the game

Cheers Crusin

Edited by Crusin_Rage

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

Since you are quite fond of bringing history into account, why don't we apply the same standard to the equal-tier Japanese B5N2 and give them 209 kts attack speed? or Giving SBD-3s 160 knot cruising speeds? or Giving high tier IJN TBs better torpedoes as they had in real life, amounting to 80% of the long lance's warhead?

As it is right now, there is already a lot of counterplay against carriers, especially as a battleship. You would have to be bottom tier in a BB to get knocked out instantly by a carrier. I play BBs too so I know what to do. Stick together with allies, AA spec your BB, and above all, scan the skies regularly for hostiles.

As a DD, I have to admit that they get screwed over by carriers the most, but not in the way you might think; DDs are usually nullified by plane spotting instead of direct bomb/torpedo damage, as it is not easy to nail destroyers with torpedo bombers consistently even with IJN torpedo bombers, and its near impossible with USN TBs since they can only drop from one direction. If you get nailed by torp bombers coming in from 1 direction as a DD, I have nothing else to say but to git gud. A cross drop requires a skilled player to be executed properly.

By the way, buffing DBs is fine, but doing it in such a way that it makes them not require skill to use kind of puts me off.

Edited by stratmania

980 posts
12,617 battles

Loving those memes.

Anyone that owns a North Carolina will be laughing their butts of at this thread haha. 

In all seriousness though, OP try not to get yourself isolated as a battleship from the rest of your fleet - the AA of your allies keeps the TBDs away. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

i just saw the "DD has no chance to dodge at all", there's a magical supah sekrit hax in game called the W,A,S and D keys, you can use it to piss the hell out of CVs, but dont tell anyone, it's totally sekrit and i might get banned for the group of haxers who are using it for exposeing dis supah sekrit hax

31 posts
7,902 battles

I realize all of that I have been manual torped as the front BB in the mob I have been manual torped in DD spotting and capping like I should be.

DD's getting spotted by CV is what should be happening that just means a good team player CV, I have no problem with this thats what they should be doing and your CV should be counteracting that.

I dont have a problem giving planes there real speed

And as for WASD keys obviously they are trying to avoid the torps. But a CV with torp speed upgrade and a manual drop gives a lot of ships no chance with no RNG applied to their weapons

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

I realize all of that I have been manual torped as the front BB in the mob I have been manual torped in DD spotting and capping like I should be.

DD's getting spotted by CV is what should be happening that just means a good team player CV, I have no problem with this thats what they should be doing and your CV should be counteracting that.

I dont have a problem giving planes there real speed

And as for WASD keys obviously they are trying to avoid the torps. But a CV with torp speed upgrade and a manual drop gives a lot of ships no chance with no RNG applied to their weapons

heh, sry for the sarcasm b4, but the thing is that USN and KM ships eat up planes like breakfast, not to mention the RN CLs, imho the CVs need a buff, but i'm waiting  for the CV UI rework so see how the popularion fares, because now CVs at higher tiers are getring rare

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

a CV TB squad with TA is barely any better then without, at most they travel 40 knots, but that's still easy to dodge in destroyers and cruisers with WASD

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

i think people already answered your "CV manual Drop ? why" thread. why are you trying to necro an old thread of yours again? well if your not satisfied with the answers in your old thread you will get more here. let the entertainment begins. 

wk2tjc.jpg

I believe this would bring a better level of balance to the game

28issqo.jpg

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

31 posts
7,902 battles

Because your going to turn it into another thread like the last one of people slandering instead of debating the topic.

I read the comments in the other thread that were pointful and this thread has some solutions im putting out there, but you would rather through mud.

I read that others thought CV's had been nerfed enough that why i was proposing buffs, the DB should be stronger, they all should be able to fly in an do damage like the saipans can and having more planes to send via resupply and having smaller bomb drop radius.

If you cant post useful points why bother, trying to make the game better

Edited by Crusin_Rage

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

heh, sry for the sarcasm b4, but the thing is that USN and KM ships eat up planes like breakfast, not to mention the RN CLs, imho the CVs need a buff, but i'm waiting  for the CV UI rework so see how the popularion fares, because now CVs at higher tiers are getring rare

Would be more trololol if we get Jet Torpedo Bombers and Fighter-bombers Jet-Powered planes in the game

Especially the F2H 

:trollface:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm voting for making one large, pinned thread called "CV Bladibla" and then just merge any new threads that go in that direction into it.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,494 battles

A few words for you :

Get gud

CV manual torp is pure skill based , no rng , no lucky for you in the BB. If you se torp bomber rekting you , stop going alone and think you are king of the world , manual torp is what makes a cv a unicum the same way rng makes bb a unicum.

DD cant dodge ? learn to de throttle and WASD , dd getting hit by 2-3 air torps should relearn how to play

BB eating a whole air torp salvo should learn to stop camping bow on and move