You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

Should I buy Kamikaze?

44 comments in this topic

250 posts
13,148 battles

According to some source, Kamikaze will be removed from premium shop for good after this sale.

So, we cannot buy it anymore and hope for SC for that (may the RNGsus be with you)

I started to enjoy DD gameplay recently. And I may looking for some premium in near future.

Thus is the Kamikaze worth to buy?

250 posts
13,148 battles

If you have Kamikaze R then no, if not then yes.

I do not both have Kami R or Fujin

yes because it didnt get nerf hammered

love playing mine even quite often in T7 match

that's one thing I concerned if I buy her. How she fare in current MM?  That what I worried about.

359 posts
2,819 battles

that's one thing I concerned if I buy her. How she fare in current MM?  That what I worried about.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/110858-premium-ship-review-kamikaze-20/page__st__20__pid__2701998#entry2701998

If you don't have Kami R or Fujin. Don't mind buying a premium ship. And afraid of miss out. yes, buy her. I can't say anything about MM so I let LWM do.

Oh. The fact that she won't be sold again were post on this very forum. So not juts another "source".

250 posts
13,148 battles

Yeah, from what LWM said. I'll buy one just after the Graf Spee event end (it's literally got 10 days left)

So I'll have captain trainer for my Kagerou and Hatsuharu

Thanks for advice guys

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

I do not both have Kami R or Fujin

getting into +1 or +2 can be quite tricky to play but with concealment at 6km it's not that bad

i spec mine with the torp reload skill so its quite fun keep letting the torps out like denying area or keep harrassing bb's

just buy it and have some fun :)

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Yes, I play US DD, which is a gunboat which shoots torps, my torps dont hit very much.

So I purchased the Fujin (Kamikaze in a clown suit) to try a torp boat with some guns. Its a pleasure to play different style, my 2nd game I got 7 torp hits.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I just bought one! Only $15. 

I am enjoying the Minekaze, probably will sell it once I get Hatsuharu.

Looking forward to more stealthy torpedo firing.  

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

Kamikaze  + CE captain = 5.5 km stealth seal clubbing goodness. So if you missed out on an R, grab one. Even at T7 it works, you just have to be patient. Hell I considered picking one up to go with my R so I can power level my IJN captains.

496 posts
4,163 battles

yes, she is like minekaze she is really fun, good place to club seals, good tier for money making and no fustration games

i am not sure if the other is better, comparing fujin to kamikaze to minekaze but minekaze was nerf slightly.... so i will put it out of comparison... they are the same boat.. except fujin cost nearly double kamikaze, thanks to my brother..... i have kamikaze, got this myself on the first time it came out, i got a fujin which i have yet to even use....

the gun placement of kamikaze is better than minekaze as 3 of the guns are forward facing , good for chasing enemy DDs 

Edited by ShiraYukira

980 posts
12,617 battles

yes, she is like minekaze she is really fun, good place to club seals, good tier for money making and no fustration games

I beg to differ... 

My first two games in my Kamikaze I scored no damage at all :( and I'm no DD noob

The enemy had 6 DDs, 5 of them were gunboats, and the bigger enemy ships were too chicken and stayed away, I never got within range :(

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I beg to differ... 

My first two games in my Kamikaze I scored no damage at all :( and I'm no DD noob

The enemy had 6 DDs, 5 of them were gunboats, and the bigger enemy ships were too chicken and stayed away, I never got within range :(

yeah.. that is normal......

but when the gae only have 2 or 3 DD, you will shine..

or do you expect ALL match will be in your favor?

also did u use CE?

Edited by XP_On

980 posts
12,617 battles

yeah.. that is normal......

but when the gae only have 2 or 3 DD, you will shine..

or do you expect ALL match will be in your favor?

also did u use CE?

My captains are otherwise occupied in other ships. I played with a level 1 skill captain lololololol. So basically no skills. 

Still I have 1km of invisi-torp room. 

Not complaining about games not being in my favour, there was a comment earlier saying that I should not have any bad games in the Kamikaze. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I should not have any bad games in the Kamikaze

and you beieve it?

well. why not use other captain? premium ship means u can use other captain for free

also it not about 1 km gap for invisible torp.. it about try to become a ninja.

5.4km is low and made other DD hard to detect u...if u dont use CE, then u already detected at 6km

Edited by XP_On

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

Not complaining about games not being in my favour, there was a comment earlier saying that I should not have any bad games in the Kamikaze. 

inb4 detonation