Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Where to use the New Year camo?

16 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just wondering on which ships other players use this camo?

Apart from the free XP boost it offers nothing else eg. -3 detection or +4 dispersion. Which to me makes it bloody useless.

I have been using it on my BB's but unless you have a stellar game the reward in free XP is not that great.

I've tried it on the Buddy but the fact there's no +4 dispersion has made it deadly for me at times.

Edited by Trojan63

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

Id use it for captains that are closer to rank 14-15+ that you want to work on.

Couple it with the dragon flag, standard commander XP one, etc, and with the 50 percent daily win, youd get a nice boost. Id only do it for one win per day to max out its value.

It sounds like though youd like the restless fire camo more.

-3 detect, +4 dispersion and +250% to commander XP. That matched with the dragon flag! :)

Super Tester
3,926 posts
4,202 battles

I use it on new ships where I have transferred a captain or where I need some really oomph to commander XP.  I just combined one with a dragon flag and Zulu Hotel to get a half trained 10 skill captain up to speed in one game.  They come in hand every now and again.

381 posts
9,976 battles

wait new year camo is commander XP.:ohmy:

dang it. i thought it was free XP:fishpalm:

Yeah I was a little surprised when reading the comments. Checked again and it's free exp. Best use should be for enjoyable t8+ ships that you are progressing, but not necessary to grind fast (like all t8 BB). Low tier generates too little exp to be useful.

697 posts
7,541 battles

I use it on Gneisenau..

Basically I think it's for

1. Mid to high tier BB which that small concealment buff is not really that important (though I actually still want it)

2. Ships with no premium camo

3. Ship that a person can actually do well in it.

I coupled it with papa papa flags, though not that cost effective if used on ships with camp that boast extra 50/100% xp, especially tier 10, but I just wanna grind free XP fast, less stressful matches, and wanna use up those free XP camo..

250 posts
13,376 battles

Where to use - Anything that concealment doesn't matter at all e.g. German BB some IJN BB, some cruiser, CV etc.

Where not to use - DD, stealthy cruiser.

When to use - You need free XP for some sort of grind or want Missouri.

How to use - Do you best to maximize XP potential, combined with Papa papa flags, you will get huge chunk of free XP. 

Why use - you can't stand some stock ship and running out of reserve free XP or don't want to spend doubloon on available free XP.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I use it for battleships only or carriers, never on stealth ships

Yup, totally agree with you on this. Just to add, makes for better sense to use on higher tier ships too

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

Use them in your best XP earning ships. I use them in Sims. Or on the ships you want to pass the grind faster. I don't think ship XP flags help with commander retraining since commander points are calculated from the base xp? (I need to double check tho).

Any xp/freexp/credit camo offers better outcome on premium ships anyway. Atlanta, Sims, Atago, Kutuzov etc.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this