Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Z-52 - Unrecommendable by flamu

30 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I got to the T5 DD and gave up.

Everything flamu says is correct. The line is unimaginative, gimicky and generally boring.

so you basically stopped at the worst ship in the line. before KM DDs gets hydro, the 150mm guns, and the good torps, yes i can see how the line is "unimaginative", because everyone else carrys hydro and bully the crap out of capping DDs, totally legit

1,386 posts
8,233 battles

Played Z-46 in PT.

While the local community said this ship is probably the most enjoyable in the entire line, I still find it quite stupid.

While I certainty do agree that invisifiring is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, but being spottable by literally everyone for a freaking 20secs after you fire a shot is causing survivability troubles. And the smoke is quite stupid.

But with that said, I'm a potato destroyer player with only ~46% WR on destroyers on my main account, so probably it's not the ship but me that was stupid.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

so you basically stopped at the worst ship in the line. before KM DDs gets hydro, the 150mm guns, and the good torps, yes i can see how the line is "unimaginative", because everyone else carrys hydro and bully the crap out of capping DDs, totally legit

Worst ship!!!??? It has AA for god's sake.... 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Played Z-46 in PT.

While the local community said this ship is probably the most enjoyable in the entire line, I still find it quite stupid.

While I certainty do agree that invisifiring is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, but being spottable by literally everyone for a freaking 20secs after you fire a shot is causing survivability troubles. And the smoke is quite stupid.

But with that said, I'm a potato destroyer player with only ~46% WR on destroyers on my main account, so probably it's not the ship but me that was stupid.

You talked about the ship that was fine but why did you wrong yourself by saying you're a bad DD player???

More like denying your own point there.......

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,865 battles

The only thing I hate about this line is their "innovative" name, what's this? Certain tank game? I don't even remember what is Z-52 supposed to be

Edited by Vio_Strygun

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

German dd line has nothing special . the RN CL line can do what they can as bloodhounds and even better lul ( from my perspective)

not unless WG gives them both smoke and radar on diffrent slots

980 posts
12,617 battles

Am I the only one actually enjoying the T-22? (Looks around nervously)

I murdered a Nagato today with a 6-torpedo broadside from around an island ^^

Personally, I find that British cruisers and the German destroyers have similar (but not identical) play styles.

250 posts
13,164 battles

I could have says KM DD suck at everything and good at nothing

- sure you have good torps but damage wise is constant from T5 - T10 so damage potential is stupidly low and I'd rather use IJN DD for this.

- wide hull and if BB use AP on you = R.I.P.

- guns are good but guns bloom ruined it to the hell, you can't use stealth fire at all.

- arc is somewhat usable but why use KM DD when you can do vastly better in RU DD.

- stupidly weak HE = you can't gun duel well with US DD or RU DD.

- stupidly weak AP = you can't citadel cruiser at point blank range reliably.

- Hydro became useless because of above reasons.

- Stupidly weak smoke = you can't smoke fire effectively.

to sums up = garbage line

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The only thing I hate about this line is their "innovative" name, what's this? Certain tank game? I don't even remember what is Z-52 supposed to be

You can blame the Germans for that

[KGHSF]
3,207 posts
6,043 battles

I could have says KM DD suck at everything and good at nothing

- sure you have good torps but damage wise is constant from T5 - T10 so damage potential is stupidly low and I'd rather use IJN DD for this.

- wide hull and if BB use AP on you = R.I.P.

- guns are good but guns bloom ruined it to the hell, you can't use stealth fire at all.

- arc is somewhat usable but why use KM DD when you can do vastly better in RU DD.

- stupidly weak HE = you can't gun duel well with US DD or RU DD.

- stupidly weak AP = you can't citadel cruiser at point blank range reliably.

- Hydro became useless because of above reasons.

- Stupidly weak smoke = you can't smoke fire effectively.

to sums up = garbage line

Honestly I'm disappointed(NOT O-FREAKING KAY) since smoke time too short

easy detected 

68 posts
3,836 battles

It's hard to use the guns for it's weaker HE shells and their AP shells are meant for light cruisers. They can't be used for stealth firing like US dds because of reasons only WG developers understand.

If it's the German torpedo dd play style, it is similar to Leningrad and Blys for its close distance between torp range and concealment (about 0.5 - 1.5km) (after upgrading the torps). The torps Reload faster than average high tier dds due to their lesser torp number.

Hydroacustic search on latter tiers are mainly use for detecting incoming torps so that cruisers and battleships from behind can get an early warning. Although for a limited time and usage but it's a good scout as long it has support follow closely from behind (about 3-5km)

Well.... To sum it up, it's more like a AP gunboat dds with decent enough torps. (Also another way for WG to  encourage team play which I hope it didn't fail. It most likely it is due to its disadvantages)

Edited by LightDarkMaster

415 posts
10,918 battles

I got to the T5 DD and gave up.

I almost did the same ... but I'm glad I decided to get the Ernst Gaede ... it's a much nicer boat ... stick with the line just a little longer

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

Dont get too frustrated guys, T5 is the worst(too mediocre) ship in the line.

Tier 7 and Tier 9 are decent in random modes

Z46 and up have nice AP and usable sonar. HE do set fires unlike KMCA :D 14400 torpedo damage is quite stupid but atleast it is fast reload so more DoT maybe lel

Z52 + Gearing is brutal in cap zones.

Edited by R3negade

119 posts
2,076 battles

Apparently I got to tier 6 and gave up, not tier 5. 

The hydro is good, but not worth the rest of the nerfs applied. 

You have incredibly short duration smokes, combined with a completely broken spotting system that will result in everyone in the map spotting you when you open fire.

Not to mention HE shells that do tiny amounts of damage, combined with a RN style AP that is completely hit and miss depending on the ship you are firing at and the angle that you are firing.

I just find the entire line boring, and lacking fun. Much like your sarky reply. 

Sign in to follow this