Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Red_Devil

Can A tier V Bogue - single fighter took out tier 6 -2 bombers and 1 torpedoe bomber in just 2 seconds?

14 comments in this topic

331 posts
17,077 battles

it is done by the fighter strafe ability and is activated by holding down ALT and clicking and personally I have taken down 16 planes in one well placed strafe.

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,466 battles

Must be your 1st experience fighting against a strafe. Here is a few advice :

Only group strikecrafts during transit , if an enemy fighter get near - spread them out individually immidiately and see which squad that FT go after.

As an IJN carrier , your FT is only a meatshield until you get to tier VII where you can turn the tide against the US carrier.

Strafe is dangerous so improve your clicking ability is the best answer to prevent such losses.

I personally never use group move command a lot as that is too dangerous , i manually command all planes as a strafe can ruin a strike attempt.

FTs are expendable but your strikecrafts are not , so try to lose FT inplace of your strikes if you must choose between the 2

66 posts
9,624 battles

As the others have said. Strafe.

It's basically the same as manually aiming your torpedo bombers (hold down "ALT" after selecting your bombers and you will see what we mean if you dont know about it), except your fighters will fly in a straight line and destroy anything caught within the "kill zone".

183 posts
3,790 battles

You got strafed. My CV main friend always rejoices whenever an enemy groups up his strike package. Only do it when you really need to drop on an AA heavy ship. So that one squad will tank and the rest can drop.

58 posts
3,805 battles

I have done 16 planes killed in 1 strafes before, so yea, learn to anticipate strafes to save your strike planes and try not to group them up when close to enemy fighters. Its a painful lesson to be on the receiving end.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

How to anticipate a strafe -

• enemy fighters make a bee line for your strikers
  • enemy fighters try to get behind your strikers
  • if the enemy could not intercept the strike, it'll let you drop your load and than strafe you as you fly back
  • enemy fighters on an intercept course to your strikers

hope this helps.

980 posts
12,617 battles

You should play the Bogue too. The best training is trying to take on an enemy air superiority Bogue. Much tears of enemies to be farmed this way. 

Don't mention the XP though. 

892 posts
7,853 battles

Never fly your squadrons close together in a straight line when you see incoming enemy fighters. Remember that a well executed strafing run will take out any planes along its path.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Never fly your squadrons close together in a straight line when you see incoming enemy fighters. Remember that a well executed strafing run will take out any planes along its path.

Well strafe from the front is not that scary. but yea it is a good idea to split the squads when around a fighter, to force the enemy to pick one to go after while the other gets through.

Sign in to follow this