Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

how long WG keep inactive account?

5 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

One of my friend had start play WoWs almost same time as me (years ago, very early at game launch) but he quite soon after

now it's been more than a years that he's account completely inactive, if he were to comeback (or I drag him back :trollface:) and try play again, will his old account still viable?

I mean, how long WG keep inactive account?

I's sure there numerous of inactive account out there, so I wonder if keeping it cause some strain to server???

Super Tester
527 posts
3,161 battles

Forever. 

It's just a database record and no cost for them to keep them. 

You will find this is standard practice in all MMOs etc. There is no disadvantage to them for holding onto your progress records.

Alternatively, deleting this data can lose them returning players. Coming back and realising you need to start over can be enough to turn people away again. They don't want to do that. 

Welcome him back. Everything will be there waiting for him.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Make sure that before he comes back, that he uses an invite link, so that he gets the tier 2 cruiser Diana, tier 5 battleship Texas, and a few thousand free XP, all for free. You can use invite links if your account is inactive for longer than 3 months.

Anyone can create an invite link, and they look something like this (as an example): http://playtogether.worldofwarships.asia/invite/wVGYx6z

I'd recommend making your own invite link, and then giving it to your friend to use.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Okay, thank for the tip!

I'll tell him about return player bonus, see if I can get him back into game :D

invite program from playtogether only work with account that has service level 3 or below.

so yeah. if ur friend account already pass the level 3. he can't use that program anymore, in that account.

making new account is pretty much the only way to make use of playtogether program.

but..

here is the catch if he decide to remake the account..

invite code (the 1 that u input when registering an account-if he has any code) and playtogether invite. can be used  together/stacked. and enjoy the double benefit.

Edited by ReNation

Sign in to follow this