Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lettheskyfall

DELIBERATE SUICIDE BY PLAYER [Redacted]

8 comments in this topic

3 posts

Hi all,

I was playing a game in Konigsberg and happened to be in the perfect place to launch to salvos at a scharnhost less than 6km away. Now as there was a Belfast, by the player [redacted] whom was on the port of my ship engaging Scharnhorst as well. However, the torpedos were not supposed to hit her had she continued on her course UNLESS SHE STEERED TO PORT AS WELL. Now, because I was going to get first kill if all 4 torpedoes hit Scharnhorst, and she was in low health (for some reason she took on Scharnhorst herself, she deliberately blocked the path of two torpedoes, and I got team killer status. This is not the first time it has happened to me, stupid idiots either deliberately or too dumb, to walk into torpedoes by friendly ships. I am sick of this WOWS, can someone:

1) Tell me how to report my situation to have my teamkiller status removed

2) Report that player to an actual admin instead of the stupid useless automated complaint system.

Attached screenshot of post-battle screen

[Redacted]

Naming and shaming. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

So someone busy engaging an enemy at close range is meant to lookout for friendlies torps as well ( oh, and stay on the same course and not try to evade enemy torps and gunfire) . Your torps are your responsibility not his and stay your responsibility until they finish there run.

I am sure most of us here have made the same mistake you have made. Learn from it.

Think before you send them off.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

Well I hate to agree with everyone else OP but you're the problem.  The game is full of people who can't keep their grubby little mitts off the fire button she the have torpedoes.  If there is any chance of a friendly between you and the enemy then tell him you are launching.  If he doesn't answer then don't fire.  He has too much to do already if he is brawling.  By your own admission it happens regularly to you so either learn some restraint or try gunboats. 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

1. check surroundings before launching

2. don't launch if there's a ship sailing on the torpedo path

3. don't blame others for you have both failed to grasp the situation but the responsibilities falls to the one who launch the torp

4. if it happened multiple times, the problem might not be the players who hit friendly torpedoes but the one who launches the torps

5. being a team killer reflects your actions for failing doing  things that can be avoidable and finally sunk an ally ship. people who are being self righteousness dont have a very good habit

:trollface::popcorn:

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Yea, i would agree with advice given.... its a rare circumstance where its entirely not your fault, but it can happen.

One time i was in a destroyer with another destroyer in front of me... he went one way around the island so i went the other way.... i then fired my torps, then he suddenly did a 180 turn and ate my torps. (He was not under attack) So what did i do wrong in that situation?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if someone should be angry here, its the guy that you torpedoed. the guy is brawling, he already has lots to keep in mind like enemy torps and angling his armor to prevent citadel or heavy damage. launching your torps when someone is in the way is not a good idea. don't be hasty when sending your torps. be cautious of your allies in line of fire too.

Sign in to follow this