You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_Emperor_TTK

If I'm F2P and want to "complete" Christmas Convoy campaign, is it possible? How many hours will I need per day?

23 comments in this topic

6 posts
2,123 battles

I just looked through the Hunt campaign and Convoy campaign, and noticed that to do the convoy campaign, I'll need to do it in 10 days (actually less, because I have to go on a school trip on 19th and have to pack things+sleep early on the 18th). I don't want to spend money on this game (at least until I can find steady income). Can I complete the whole Convoy campaign in time?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If you don't mind not completing all tasks, just pick 2 (or 3 if you somehow have premium time) of the easiest tasks and repeat them to skim through the missions.

Also, unless you have a Tirpitz, you can't finish the last mission (which grants the additional permanent camo for Tirpitz). At most you'll only get as far as the additional permanent camo for Graf Spee (2nd to last mission).

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Also, unless you have a Tirpitz, you can't finish the last mission (which grants the additional permanent camo for Tirpitz). At most you'll only get as far as the additional permanent camo for Graf Spee (2nd to last mission).

yeah.. so the medal is not for everyone

260 posts
4,654 battles

I am also (almost) a F2P player, and I doubt I could devote enough time for the mission. Most likely until Farragut mission. So do the mission at your own pace, real life is still more important than virtual.

Edited by GRADAN31

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

5-6 hours with flags for one day a week ( one day for every stage except the last ) is enough.

If you dont have anything but a few ship in your hands of tier V+ , +2 hours.

It also depend on your ability in your favourite class , i can manage 1k base exp on carriers consistently

331 posts
17,080 battles

Flags and camo stack so both can be used. just make sure you use camos that give a bonus to xp. The first win bonus is very useful as well as playing high tier ships or at least they highest tier ships you do well in.

It also depend on where you are now in terms of the graf spee campaign.  for F2P i would expect on average for each stage  of the spee campaign to take a couple of days each assuming you.re doing about 10-20 battles/day. The last Stage i would expect to take 4-5 days on its own.

With premium time you reduce the time requirement by 33% as well as the ability to do an extra task.

Once you get the first T6 with the first unique camo it should get a bit easier.

Finally Real life is more important

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Depending on ship class*, you should be able to complete it no problem. Use your flags/ camo that give XP boost if you feel there's a need to rush the event. If you have premium ships from SCs/contests/etc use them. I plan to finish it in a little over a week so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Do remember that it is just a pixel bote so do make some time for real life as well ya? Best of luck to you!

*IMO in terms of XP if you can carry in a battleship (mad damage) or gunbote (contest caps and drive enemy DDs to davy jones locker) it will be ideal. Right now CV economy is a little difficult to get over 2k base XP consistently.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

I completed the convoy with honours in just under two weeks. I only play for 2-3 hours per day.

They arent too difficult if you take ships that will unlock your requirements.

Also equipping two tasks at a time that require the same requirements (earn 500k credits) eliminates these tasks quicker, if you are trying to be a completionist.

Flags will help a lot with most missions i.e. earn more credits, zulu flag etc.

496 posts
4,171 battles

getting graf : [ no modified xp counted cuz we know how much we get ]

stage 1 : 7500 base xp (5d 23-28 dec)
stage 2 : 10k base xp (5d 28 dec - 2 jan)
stage 3 : 15k base xp (7d 2 - 9 jan)
stage 4 : 20k base xp (8d 9 jan - 18 jan)
get graf spee after stage 4

getting camo n ships : -all task require 6 pin/stars whatever i call em-
task 1 earn exp after modifiers : 3 pin
task 2 earn credit in single battle : 2pin
task 3 earn X based exp : 2 pin
task 4 / 5 damage enemy x dmg , etc alot of stuff here and there: 1 pin
not counting mission 2
10k base
d exp (task 3)
500k credit in single battle
30k xp after modifications
rinse and repeat 7 times....

this is total calculation (my own)
if u can complete stage 4 in the first day, everyday u finish 1 mission, everyday should be :

"10k based exp (task 3)
500k credit in single battle
30k xp after modifications"
^ getting this daily..... 500k credit in single battle usually high tier/ premium shouldn't be a problem for myself personally using flags n prem time
10k based exp will be an issue it might take from 10-20 games personally depending on server..... should be do-able

this is based on what rewards are you aiming for... to complete it, it wouldn't be easy, best regards..... 
personally i plan on finishing all relevant homework this weekend / monday and start full grind for stage 4, and the entire chrismas convoy within the week

edit : idk why there are so much spacing i copy n paste from my discord pin kek

Edited by ShiraYukira

23 posts
5,090 battles

i will try to complete the science of victory this week so i can take the advantage of 7 days premium for both hunt for graf spee and santa convoys :P f2p ftw

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I look at it this way. The 500k missions are random. With bad luck you might not get one, and that can hold up a stage. With the base & modified xp you can always chip some off the total. Of the 2 1 start missions there should always be one you can get quite easily. Save all the 500k missions till last when you can do 3 in 1 hit.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

If as a F2P player you have managed to save up an enormous amount of free exp in solid usable numbers, (aka, with papa papa flag grinding - you need around 700ish battles to get her - at 1100 free exp per battle) you can just buy a Missouri and cheat the credit missions. allowing each mission to be done on average, in 4 or so battles each. (including the final task which is play a battle in graf spee)

Unfortunately since you are short on time, this is a lofty ambition at best, but one that everybody should at least attempt if you have papa papa flags in excess.

Seeing as how you probably can't achieve this, its likely that up to 5-6+hrs a day would have to be dedicated doing averagely to clear the entire chain in 10days. I advise to try and find a division and seeing if you can score a few winstreaks or something. You'd still have to avoid the "earn 500k credits in a single battle" missions because those would be extremely hard to get.

Edited by iLordShade

6 posts
2,123 battles

Thanks for all replies. I gave up on it now xD cuz i have 3hrs a day at best (actually 4-5 but my head/eyes/sanity will start to hurt). I don't have prem acc or ships but do have flags (rarely used them until recently).

My main ships are Takao, Ibuki with secondaries being Ranger and Omaha.

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

If anybody is up to finding a Division mate, I'm really up for it. It's rather lonely to grind on World of Warship alone, ha!

Ign: Crines

892 posts
7,853 battles

I'll be happy with whatever I can get out of this convoy mission. No hope to complete due to time constraint and more importantly, no Dirpitz in port

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

The most possible target will be ignoring all the 500k credit/battle missions and completing up to task 9 to get all free tier 6 ships with camo.

I have powergrind  up to halfway budyonny in 2 days after getting Spee. Yeah it is possible if you use a few USD to buy 1-2 premium days and grind like a mole