You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

RANT.

36 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

Yes this yet another rant from me, and probably the longest and the most angry one.

Why can't these [content removed] potatoes stop playing carriers?

Why they just can't stop playing what they cannot handle???

[content removed] potatoes!

Damn!

Why can't they notice something is wrong when they lose again and again?

God damn it!

Oh come on just remove carriers from the game, srsly no regular team can win a match with a potato cv in the team.

The frustration is real and worse than ever, I hope this can be the end of the rant.

Profanity, all caps. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

funny thing is, when you play a CV like Saipan, you will not get a noob CV as your teammates....

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,453 battles

From what I observe, they are on T9…

are you on my team last night?!

cause my team Cv last night are useless mostly

[AJAX]
22 posts

I've been on the receiving end of in-game chat rants similar to those posted by the OP. Most of those rants are about me not providing air cover when my Essex has but a single fighter group to use. Obviously, someone on our end is going to end up being sunk by a Taiho strike package. 

My suggestion to those ranters: don't lone wolf, stick to a nearby CA or other BB to share AA, or die.

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I've been on the receiving end of in-game chat rants similar to those posted by the OP. Most of those rants are about me not providing air cover when my Essex has but a single fighter group to use. Obviously, someone on our end is going to end up being sunk by a Taiho strike package. 

My suggestion to those ranters: don't lone wolf, stick to a nearby CA or other BB to share AA, or die.

Yeah yeah the daily battleship players are all noobs thing. Okay.

And I actually didn't even get AA support sailing literally side-by-side with a Mikhail Kutuzov when Taiho's 3 squads came to me. Yeah yeah yeah, sail with allies.

Did you get what I'm ranting about? I'm not complaining about getting bombed, what I was facing was carriers with 30% WR on that carrier in my team. Dude, 30% WR. Why don't they just go play surface ships, especially battleships cuz they can't really affect how the battle goes much.

Edited by _Halcyon

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

It is still possible to win with potato CV in your team, it just requires your DD to be actually not "sb rush B" mentality. You seriously can't rely on CV to protect you, just assume he is dumbass if you don't know the player and then go find a place where it is least favourable for enemy CV to strike.

520 posts
11,127 battles

IMHO, i think CV is the most stressful class to play in WOWS.  and looking at the asian server stats... CVs now have the lowest win rate.  no wonder  not many play the class any more....

my Atlanta misses shooting down planes

18 posts
11,943 battles

IMHO, i think CV is the most stressful class to play in WOWS.

I agree. It's so mentally exhausting. Playing one game of it feels like you already played 2-3 games.

58 posts
3,805 battles

As a CV player, i have had multiple games where I can get high caliber but still lose. CVs can influence the game, but with the AA buff, the impact is less now compared to before. And with the small CV population, you should not be seeing CVs more than 40% of your games.

The problem in random games is that every player has a chance to be a potato. Thats when you have BBs who sail solo into one flank, or when CAs just dont give AA cover.

And if you are still worried about meeting alot of CVs in game, you should DIV up with a teammate that runs a AA ship (your teammate should be bored to death without any planes to shoot in most games)

DIV is there to help you win games by teaming up with other ships that cover your ship weakness.

347 posts

Yes this yet another rant from me, and probably the longest and the most angry one.

Why can't these [content removed] potatoes stop playing carriers?

Why they just can't stop playing what they cannot handle???

[content removed] potatoes!

Damn!

Why can't they notice something is wrong when they lose again and again?

God damn it!

Oh come on just remove carriers from the game, srsly no regular team can win a match with a potato cv in the team.

The frustration is real and worse than ever, I hope this can be the end of the rant.

Profanity, all caps. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Just saying in CV gameplay the potatoes are what makes CV gameplay fun specially when higher tiers are unplayable.Just think about it like this: all the potatoes you find feed the non-potatoes so that the non-potatoes keep playing and when you get to higher tiers (after WG has Buffed CVs abit) you get on your team the non potato player that beat you on your team. Tier 6 is like a potato filter: the potatoes can't get past tier 6 because they can't do any damage nor can they shoot anything down.Problem with potatoes is that they seem to flock to USN lines which makes things worse Because USN is more unplayable than IJN (leaving saipan out of course). Another problem are those players who rant about only being able to shoot down 11 planes in an airstrike that has 20 planes (5 IJN squads) I mean HELLO YOU SHOT DOWN MORE THAN HALF THE PLANES THAT'S GOOD especially if there is only one teammate with you. People expect too much from their ships especially when you consider that USS North Carolina for the entire war shot down 22 planes

It would seem that honshos are rarely potatoes Langley tends to be a potato while in tier 5 Bogues tend to be potatoes in tier 6 both lines have a lot of potatoes but by this stage USN potato numbers have decreased a lot by tier 7 potatoes are rare (however CVs are rare by this point thankyou def fire and saipan tier 7 mm waiting time means i went back to tier 4 for the fast MM wait time).

Edited by BravaZulu296

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

potato cv is not as bad as afk cv

whats with afk cv in so many matches

They might be thinking:

Oh nooo so many AA ship, I don't wanna deal with it, good bye.....

(Its definitely the enemy AA ships and not their bad skill)

[LNA]
1,670 posts
10,498 battles

From what I observe, they are on T9…

Sometimes cv will play like a potato simply because there are too many AA specced ship and they spread evenly ( meaning you cant attack anyone or any group at all without great risks ). I myself sometime cant even land 1 strike due to the ridiculous amount of AA effort ppl put into their ship. And pray high tier CV play very different from low tier ones and they have a lot of things to take care of ( high skill demand ) and even when you do things right your result can be very small since there is so much AA and FT around.

AFK cv can be their potato pc or they are a bot and just want to grind through it for tier X class. Difference in skill is severe and you cant expect everyone to be on the unicum level. Like it or not , the average damage done in cv rarely increase with tier right now , they are more or less a constant.

A potato in cv is the same as a potato in a Yammy , nothing change and you still have to deal with it.

Smile up man , things might go wrong but it is just a bad experience , the whole is much more worth than that

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

Sometimes cv will play like a potato simply because there are too many AA specced ship and they spread evenly ( meaning you cant attack anyone or any group at all without great risks ). I myself sometime cant even land 1 strike due to the ridiculous amount of AA effort ppl put into their ship. And pray high tier CV play very different from low tier ones and they have a lot of things to take care of ( high skill demand ) and even when you do things right your result can be very small since there is so much AA and FT around.

AFK cv can be their potato pc or they are a bot and just want to grind through it for tier X class. Difference in skill is severe and you cant expect everyone to be on the unicum level. Like it or not , the average damage done in cv rarely increase with tier right now , they are more or less a constant.

A potato in cv is the same as a potato in a Yammy , nothing change and you still have to deal with it.

Smile up man , things might go wrong but it is just a bad experience , the whole is much more worth than that

I understand that a well grouped surface fleet can easily stop CV from attacking, and CV games are now harder than ever. And I'm not a CV player so I won't judge by how they perform from my POV. But some CV I met yesterday had only 30% WR and got only half the EXP of my GK's, which was heavily concentrated fire upon and suffered from my poor Internet connection…

I even met a Midway that skipped directly from Bogue yesterday

If I really suck at a ship, I'll probably drop it or play it in PvE. Like what I did with destroyers. (My cruisers and battleships both have about 53% WR but destroyers only 46%, which means I'm a potato destroyer player)

And as most games on high tiers are domination, battleships' capability to affects how the game goes is relatively low, so I'll pick a potato Yammy over a potato CV.

And I still want to rant about my cursed router, curse the [content removed] lag!