You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

why is new orleans has the worst HP pool ammong tier 8 cruisers?

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

just like the tittle suggested why is USN armored cruiser New Orleans only has 35400 HP?

while other cruiser has

Mogami: 39100

Chapayev: 37000 "a light cruiser"

Admiral Hipper: 43800

Edinburgh: 36400 "another light cruiser"

Premium:

Atago: 40100 PANPAKAPAN

Kutozov: 40700 "another light cruiser"

Prinz Eugene: 45000

even the light cruisers Chapayev, edinburgh and Kutozov has more HP than her, how is an Armored cruiser. don't give me that "she is a treaty cruiser and has less displacement than the others, therefore she has less HP B.S"

218 posts
3,788 battles

just like the tittle suggested why is USN armored cruiser New Orleans only has 35400 HP?

while other cruiser has

Premium:

even the light cruisers Chapayev, edinburgh and Kutozov has more HP than her, how is an Armored cruiser. don't give me that "she is a treaty cruiser and has less displacement than the others, therefore she has less HP B.S"

Because it's better armored than most other T8 cruisers.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Because it's better armored than most other T8 cruisers.

her armor cant protect her from HE spam and fires.

she don't have

torpedo

smoke

heal

that that he other cruiser has.

59 posts
4,533 battles

The same reason as Zao having the lowest HP in the cruisers of the same tier

BalansTM

Sorry, I got nothing. NO buffs are happening this year so that's something to look forward to I guess.

420 posts
20 battles

Chapayev and Kutuzov are only light cruisers at western term.

Which they only care about the Gun calibre.

They're VERY large, a bit longer than Kongo.

Idk about Edinburgh.

But, i do support to buff USN ships.

295 posts
6,604 battles

while other cruiser has

Premium:

too bad according to WG that's just how it works

520 posts
11,127 battles

idk why only atago and edinburgh deserve healing but other T8 cruisers dont,

ridiculous!

For the Brit cruisers, Tier 5 - 8.. they are Very easy to pen (At any angle) during long range engagements.  They are like Atlanta.  I love the brits.. but i stay away from BBS and Cruisers at 12km and up... they eat me alive at tier 6 - 8  (including belfast). Smoke and heal help last longer.. but still.. its rare to survive till end of game.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

Ship HP is based on tonnage so it seems , anyway NOLA has a few bonuses that people readily forget ( they readily remember its weakpoint : floaty shell arc ...) :
A very easy to use ergonomics ( you can get more guns on a target during maneuver and your gun stay on target) and this is VERY VERY important , this mean that doing hard evasive maneuvers dont handicap you as much as other cruiser. IJN has far harder time trying to get 6 guns on target (you dont want to show broadside), while NOLA can get 9 of it fairly easily.

Your very good maneuverability and armor scheme help you with weaving and WASD hack against other BB and CA , NOLA has an easier time dodging torps than other ship except RN CL.
You get RADAR , no dd want to mess with you since getting into their effective gun range risk you sending 203mm HE wrecking their ship.
Your AA is superlative and although not as good as Kutuzov , ,most CV will avoid you like the plague.
Your AP has very good pen ( not damage or shell arc ) meaning at close range angled CA stand a chance of getting rekt by you while you can stay angled and bounce their shell

NOLA is a pure ship utility support ship : it fends of close range attackers, deter against airstrikes and detect torp threats. You wont get to see much fleet action or trying to carry the game , most of the time sticking with a group of BB and matching their speed is your best bet of winning it.( Dont actively go after red dots)

295 posts
6,604 battles

USN needs Heavy cruiser / light cruiser split so pensacola and new orleans could be moved down tier

Super Tester
802 posts

New Orleans has armor? what armor? seems that any battleship shell that touches me angled of not wipes out most of my health.

That's actually the reason why all battleships that touch a New Orleans kill it instantaneously; the fact that it has such good armour means that BB calibre guns won't over pen.

Super Tester
419 posts
4,214 battles

One of the reason why US ships is under performing at high tier, they lack torps, their healthpool is meh for their role of DD hunting near frontline, their AA never have a chance to be utilise and their DPS potential is very very situational

On the brightside dev did say they will buff them so you can wait for the buff before continue playing

Edited by Arcane_Dream