Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

Stock Amagi- Abysmal

11 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,007 battles

So I move my BoS/EM/Super/AFT Nagato captain to my new Amagi, buy some upgrades and join a battle. 

-Tier 10.

The moment I get detected and show 45 degree broadside, both a Zao and a Montana focus me and I eat an angled 30k damage.

Next battle, I somehow get dev-striked by a Tirpitz at 12KM while angled 30 degrees.

And then I proceeded to take 18K from another Amagi while almost bow on from 14km, later sunk by a cruiser dealing 6k through the forward superstructure.

What do I do? Sit back at the relatively short 18km range and spend the whole round sniping, only to not even get penetrations on people angled as much as I was when I blew up?

Edited by InterconKW

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

I hear that WG will remove the A hull on Amagi next update. That should shorten up the grind. For me myself, I would never bring her to random battle in her stock configuration.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Put this stupid ship aside, play other ships and wait for 0.6.0.

The 0.6.0 PT server's Amagi stock hull is now a modernized ship with the AP shell and armor of the current hull B. The HP is the same as the current hull A.

341 posts
4,007 battles

So I followed everyone's advice and free-exp'd it... Only for my (insert millions of profanities) waste of money Internet Provider to decide to cut my service for no reason again in a Tier 10 battle. I have no luck.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Welp, it gets even better. I finally played a good battle... And the team lost. Then a WTH glitch happened and I got stuck inside an allied CV for half the game.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Well, I finally started getting consistent damage in Amagi, but I still don't feel used to her rather weird armour when it comes to how shells I take behave based on my angle, and her much better speed, though I like her massive damage potential. Any strategies and tips are welcome.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Amagi armor is kinda weird to me. When I ground through her ~8 months ago, she was so easy to get citadel'd when broadside at all distance, while Nagato felt like a pseudo-German BB which was extremely hard to citadel. Now I can rarely citadel a broadsiding Amagi while raining down 2x or 3x citadel on Nagato effortlessly.

About gameplay, since the majority of her firepower is at the back, you should avoid close head-on fight vs other t8+ battleships. If you are uptier you can play quite aggressively and use your pure firepower to crush everything else on the way as long as they are spotted. If you are bottom tier then avoid being a frontliner and just taking potshot from 15km away, you have extremely good dispersion so it's not as bad as other BB. Wait until your flank has a decent hp advantage before using your 30kn speed to push.

Sign in to follow this