Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kultabashi

Prinz Eugen

24 comments in this topic

520 posts
11,135 battles

Ive been asking others about this past few days, but i just want to know... Whats the general opinion on the Prinz Eugen.  (Hipper Clone)

i know its dosnt have a great WR track record since its release..  But one thing i can say, she just looks soo sexeh....

The sleek lines, paint job, pointy Hull.

Shes like Atlanta to me... I dont do very well with her... But... She also looks good. Lol

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Copy paste Hipper from what i heard

I perform kinda okish in Prinz but Atago still clearly better and easier ship to play :D:D:D

Buying Prinz for collating or historical aspect is fine but Atago better off for people who looking for better ship.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

Melo is right, Atago is the better ship.. but still love playing in my Prinz. If you play to her strengths she's actually a great performer, especially in randoms where you see a lot of broadsides... the buff to German HE also helped the Prinz/Hipper. And worth mentioning shes  a great trainer for your German captains with the +50% captain xp camo.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

but still love playing in my Prinz. If you play to her strengths she's actually a great performer, especially in randoms where you see a lot of broadsides

You love Prinz as much as you love Hipper i guess :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

You love Prinz as much as you love Hipper i :D

I liked it that much I actually kept the Hipper after going down the German CA line, was happy to sell it and replace with a ship I can use my Hindenburg captain in... still think the Prinz should have a heal consumable though :)

Prinz was also a great trainer for my German DD capt, even though I lost all excitement after the last minute detection changes and haven't even tried the line yet.

Plus the Hipper class ships do look very sexy!

Edited by KillStealz

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Prinz should have a heal consumable though :)

That will simply make Prinz better than Hipper and look like another Pay2Win Premium (im on the side of Premium should be worst that tech tree ones with some special stuff such as 50%+ captain exp like prinz)

Prinz was also a great trainer for my German DD capt

Thats my original plan until but i forget that i suck at Cruiser and i earn more EXP by playing DDs :D:D:D

702 posts
7,553 battles

Finally I found someone who like Hipper class!! :)

To me Hipper is very powerful if top tier, but can't perform is good as Atago when it comes to tier 9/10 matches, as Hipper's AP shells tends to bounce more due to thicker armour, and HE was not that promising.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

To me Hipper is very powerful if top tier, but can't perform is good as Atago when it comes to tier 9/10 matches, as Hipper's AP shells tends to bounce more due to thicker armour, and HE was not that promising.

we all know howmuch you like that ship :p

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

That will simply make Prinz better than Hipper and look like another Pay2Win Premium (im on the side of Premium should be worst that tech tree ones with some special stuff such as 50%+ captain exp like prinz)

Thats my original plan until but i forget that i suck at Cruiser and i earn more EXP by playing DDs :D:D:D

The game is full of p2w premiums, Atago/Mogami is a perfect example. Sometimes tho I think if you are paying as much as they ask for some of these premiums maybe they should be better and then you can use your main captains as well.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

The game is full of p2w premiums, Atago/Mogami is a perfect example. Sometimes tho I think if you are paying as much as they ask for some of these premiums maybe they should be better and then you can use your main captains as well.

you forgot to add Kamikaze / Kamikaze R / Fujin to the list....

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

Since the HE buff, Hipper class is actually not terrible as a fire starter.. the high range and velocity/flat arcs actually give it an edge over the Atago at longer range. 1v1 tho the Atago wins every time, especially I higher tier as you say.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Stats diffrence is minor

But Prinz 30% sexier

Her price is quite steep. for what you got

Hipper herself is solid cruiser on T8

and I enjoy grinding and playing her,

but I wont buy prinz or recomend people to buy her

Edited by humusz

520 posts
11,135 battles

Lol, thanks for the insights captains. To be honest with you guys, im on the edge over the Prinz. Why?

I noticed.. I really really dont perform well with long range Shell slinging cruisers... My mogami/myoko performance is really bad.

But im performing well with short to midrange cruiser action. Leander, Belfast and Edinbrgh cater to my Dd playstyle.

I like prinz because of its Historical representation, as what Capt Soda mentioned. But, upon checking... Its average bad performance accross the all servers is already an indication of what it will do to ny stats im trying so hard to improve.

Lol, Prinz is Like a real nice "Girl" crush.... You can only look, but no touch. Lol

Edited by kultabashi

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,478 battles

Technically, Atago or Kutusov is a better premium than Eugen due to their very own strengths in respective ships (Kutusov - Smoke, Fire starter like free, Atago - Stealth, only CA in T8 to have health packs, hard hitting guns). As for Eugen wise, apart from Hipper clone, her selling point is commander exp training. Unless u really wanted to collect her, just go for it. 

Otherwise like the rest of the posts, I just can't recommend her to anyone else either 

Edited by AkaNoPoi

1,083 posts
3,890 battles

Lol, thanks for the insights captains. To be honest with you guys, im on the edge over the Prinz. Why?

I noticed.. I really really dont perform well with long range Shell slinging cruisers... My mogami/myoko performance is really bad.

As an earlier poster mentioned,one of the good things with Hipper/Prinz is the very flat shell arc.As long as you lead properly you have a very good chance of hitting the target.

Also I have citadeled broadside Amagi's with the Hipper before,at over 15km.So the shells perform well to.

Best thing to do would just be to work up the German cruiser line at some stage,and see what the Hipper is like.Then if you like it and really want the Prinz Eugen get it then.

Technically, Atago or Kutusov is a better premium than Eugen due to their very own strengths in respective ships (Kutusov - Smoke, Fire starter like free, Atago - Stealth, only CA in T8 to have health packs, hard hitting guns). As for Eugen wise, apart from Hipper clone, her selling point is commander exp training. Unless u really wanted to collect her, just go for it. 

Otherwise like the rest of the posts, I just can't recommend her to anyone else either 

+1,I got it because I only started playing the game due to the German line,and it was one of the four ships I was most looking forward to playing.

Unless you are really into German ships or a collector then its just a slightly nerfed Hipper.

[BOTES]
Modder
449 posts
3,978 battles

<<< Hallo my friend. Now meet the third one)))

183 posts
3,790 battles

It's still missing her bow anchor(the one at the very end of the bow) so it's less sexier than when I first bought it. 0/10 would not recommend.

161 posts
5,147 battles

But im performing well with short to midrange cruiser action. Leander, Belfast and Edinbrgh cater to my Dd playstyle.

I like prinz because of its Historical representation, as what Capt Soda mentioned. But, upon checking... Its average bad performance accross the all servers is already an indication of what it will do to ny stats im trying so hard to improve.

Lol, Prinz is Like a real nice "Girl" crush.... You can only look, but no touch. Lol

i- i touch >///< 

btw prinz is a good ship if you know what you doing 10k salvo on broadside battleship every 12 sec ezpz :teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this