Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

Tier 10 CV Upgrade Overhaul

4 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,824 battles

With the economy changes, grinding CVs is quite harder than before.

It doesn't help that at the end of the two existing lines (Midway and Hakuryu), once you unlock and buy them, you would still have to grind the loadouts and plane upgrades to use them to their full potential. The "stock grind" so to speak, surely does not help the player playing the ship which is already the end of the line, OR the team itself seeing as there is mirrored MM as everyone knows that getting uptiered planes AT ALL is already an uphill battle.

It is unlike other T10s(BB/CA) at which the modules themselves are at their full potential. Another case would be the Shimakaze which still has to 'upgrade'(more of a sidegrade) their torps. So it comes to a point at which T10 module upgrades(if they exist at all) are supposed to be "sidegrades" as in the case of the Shimakaze which change various torp characteristics.

So I bring up changing the whole concept of the T10 CV grind to be something more "fruitful".

The loadouts are fine in a sense (until the CV rework planned at least) as each loadout upgrades for both the Hakuryu and the Midway are sidegrades.

I do suggest however that both should get their existing T10 planes as the 'stock'. The supposed upgrade for them 'can' be changed to planes of faster speed, yet lesser HP. Using the T9 CV upgrade slot as the reference, the alternate T10 planes would have in between 5-10% faster speeds but 10-15% lesser HP pool. It would then facilitate the supposed sidegrade, in which the existing stock T10 planes may still be the more favorable module to equip depending on certain situations.

It will also open up possibilities of sidegrades for other modules for other ships. It can also open up the reuse of "Jets" at which the stats can be tweaked for balance purposes. :bajan:

All in all, I brought this up due to the dislike of having a stock grind at T10, in which adding in mirrored matchmaking, just makes it not just your own disadvantage, but the team's as a whole.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

I think CV tier 10 is ok now

I can bomb Des Moines and Minotaur (once time I full strike Minotaur and I got Devastating Strike)

bring J7W2 and F8H back?

Edited by Onlinegamer

783 posts
4,824 battles

I think CV tier 10 is ok now

I can bomb Des Moines and Minotaur (once time I full strike Minotaur and I got Devastating Strike)

bring J7W2 and F8H back?

Oh, this isn't really a plane improvement or direct CV buff suggestion... it's just to reduce the frustration of stock grind on T10.

What I had in mind for the plane upgrade/suggestion for alternate T10 planes would have the HP of T8-T9 planes but a bit faster.

So Current Planes would be better for higher AA targets while the suggested T10 planes would be for flexibility of speed but would fare worse in an AA blanket.

But that's just an indirect suggestion that stems from the fact that it's just plain cumbersome to have a disadvantageous stock grind at T10, especially compared to other T10 ships that get the best module at purchase.

Edited by SZYZWY

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles

I actually agree with this; this will truly place T10 CVs as something to look forward to rather than a painful stock grind; I suggest placing the current upgraded T10 planes as the stock planes and then an extra set of sidegrades to suit the player's playstyle/objective (for example, fighter jets can have higher speed and better strafe multiplier, but lower ammo and longer servicing time). This would certainly encourage interesting builds.

Sign in to follow this