You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

battleship ass tanking XD

19 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

so I have tried this a few times and it has been super effective... If you can, go up to a good position and turn your ship around so your ass is pointing the enemy and your guns bear at their position while being angled:trollface: it works amazing when you know you are about to brawl, because you can angle really well and bounce a lot of shells, while having the ability to hit the gas and run if things get bad XD I did it in a brawl against an enemy Iowa (I was in my Iowa) he got so pissed and decided to show his side so I citadelled him :P mean while other enemies can only get their shots bounced hopelessly off my stern

if you die doing this don't blame me I take no responsibility for it :hiding:

now go show them [explicit]

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

so I have tried this a few times and it has been super effective... If you can, go up to a good position and turn your ship around so your ass is pointing the enemy and your guns bear at their position while being angled:trollface: it works amazing when you know you are about to brawl, because you can angle really well and bounce a lot of shells, while having the ability to hit the gas and run if things get bad XD I did it in a brawl against an enemy Iowa (I was in my Iowa) he got so pissed and decided to show his side so I citadelled him :P mean while other enemies can only get their shots bounced hopelessly off my stern

Only work if your ship is faster or as fast as the enemy

if you in slower battlship, you will get chased down. especialy if its German

Edited by humusz

341 posts
4,020 battles

I don't have one, but from observation, this would not work too well in an Izumo.

But Myogi players, rejoice!

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I don't have one, but from observation, this would not work too well in an Izumo.

But Myogi players, rejoice!

that observation is not true

u need to see it ur self. how extreme the angle that izumo needed to make her able shooting 2 gun backward

313 posts
10,074 battles

Why do u teach people stern tanking?

Oh now everyone knows this tactics on this forum

Thanks a lot :)  

341 posts
4,020 battles

that observation is not true

u need to see it ur self. how extreme the angle that izumo needed to make her able shooting 2 gun backward

Welp, I wasn't exactly serious, and intended to joke about the turret placement. But on my part I did forget to mention Dunkerque...

On a slightly off topic note BTW, almost all design illustrations obtained when I was researching the ship that is represented as Izumo show the 3rd turret facing forward. Is there a reason why that was not represented in game?

Edited by InterconKW

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Welp, I wasn't exactly serious, and intended to joke about the turret placement. But on my part I did forget to mention Dunkerque...

On a slightly off topic note BTW, almost all design illustrations obtained when I was researching the ship that is represented as Izumo show the 3rd turret facing forward. Is there a reason why that was not represented in game?

w4Z9r6K.jpg

well, Izumo supposed to be  A-140-J2 (Yamato were  A-140-F6)

a developmnt of J variant, The line sticking in 3rd Turret - seems pointing at aft

From Design Standpoint,  its actualy the same reason found in Nelson class or Myoko and Atago to some degree

When you put all your armament in Front - The Armor Belt require to Protect the ship were shorter

considered that Armor can make up 40% of Battleship weight.

if you shorten the belt even for 1 meter - it would cut tons of weight

And Armor belt protecting Magazine, is usualy Thicker

so on design like Nelson, or Izumo - Theoraticly you can have more compact, Smaller in size  Shell and powder room. and cut belt armor by significant margin

If theoraticly you say, The 3rd turret facing front.

Then you need to extend the magazine belt armor - as long as the barrel of the gun

Ofc this kind of thinking, is in line when Battleship construction were regulated by Treaty

When Hell broke loose, and everyone ignore treaty. Displacement is not much big of an issue anymore

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

But you tend to have bad armor at the back, so if the opponent knows what they are doing and load AP, you are screwed. I tend to do 10k salvos with my Konig by penning the bow and stern. I only go for citadels when broadside or when very close.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

Only work if your ship is faster or as fast as the enemy

if you in slower battlship, you will get chased down. especialy if its German

Have been done that for quite a few time in a Colorado and worked out pretty well against T7 and below ships (except against Gneis). The last thing you want is to get 406mm smashing right through your face at point-blank range as you try to close the gap.

268 posts
6,381 battles

WG need to fix their overmatch and plunging fire tactics to prevent this unrealistic bullshit.

I'm pretty sure that had this been tried in real life you wouldn't have a ship.

/grumpy rant