You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xalt

Suggestion: balance number of radars matchmade into teams

21 comments in this topic

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

On domination maps radar can be absolutely crucial as it allows teams to drive out or kill DDs that attempt to cap or defend caps from smoke, while using their own smokes to repel cruisers and BBs. In matches like this team assignment should be balanced out so both sides have same or at least close number of radars. 5 radars(and 2 belfasts) vs 0 radars is quite miserable.

-

dvkab4.jpg

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

The division went in giving their side more T7 ships than yours. You have to remember that most ships with radar are glass cannons, being very fragile and can die quickly.

Most players wont take radar vessels near a cap without a lot of support.

That being said, trolling a division with 3 radar and then rotating it to each ship as it ends is satisfying. Taking out DDs and cruisers in smoke that let you get that close.

You have to be aware whats around you and target ships that are the most threat.

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

that's a fishing division, not much you can do about those

You can switch the donskoi and missouri onto the other side so you don't get 5 vs 0. 3v2 is still better than 5v0. You don't let 5 CVs get into a team against 0 CVs, so why should radar be different?

The division went in giving their side more T7 ships than yours. You have to remember that most ships with radar are glass cannons, being very fragile and can die quickly.

That being said, trolling a division with 3 radar and then rotating it to each ship as it ends is satisfying. Taking out DDs and cruisers in smoke that let you get that close.

You have to be aware whats around you and target ships that are the most threat.

Nope. Matchmaking rules allow for one side to have ships that are 1 tier lower, for non-CV, bottom/mid tier ship, so the tiers this game are perfectly normal. Matchmaking is balanced around the number of top tier Cs and BBs, number of CVs and balancing out nation spread. Having 1 more mid tier cruiser instead of a bottom tier is well within normal MM. See: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

>>Most players wont take radar vessels near a cap without a lot of support.

You mean like a Belfast with 8.5km concealment? Do you even smoke?

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Even just their presence will deter enemy DDs from capping. Lastnight I have 4 friendly DDs that blatantly refused to cap due to the presence of enemy radar borne ships, forcing me to cap with my Nagato. The result is very predictable.....:(

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

You can switch the donskoi and missouri onto the other side so you don't get 5 vs 0. 3v2 is still better than 5v0. You don't let 5 CVs get into a team against 0 CVs, so why should radar be different?

Nope. Matchmaking rules allow for one side to have ships that are 1 tier lower, for non-CV, bottom/mid tier ship, so the tiers this game are perfectly normal. Matchmaking is balanced around the number of top tier Cs and BBs, number of CVs and balancing out nation spread. Having 1 more mid tier cruiser instead of a bottom tier is well within normal MM. See: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

>>Most players wont take radar vessels near a cap without a lot of support.

You mean like a Belfast with 8.5km concealment? Do you even smoke?

lol do i smoke in my belfast, leander, fiji, etc....but thats beside the point.

The Belfast is a strong ship, but it has weakness's that are just as easy to exploit... more so if that ship yolos into a cap or area

159 posts
5,698 battles

I find when I'm playing with a radar ship it is usually too dangerous for me to get in close to actually use it. I think in an average game it doesn't have much of an impact.

683 posts
7,367 battles

Radar ships are quite dangerous to opposing team DD when they come with division mate, e.g. a DD to smoke them up etc. 

I do agree not all players able to utilise radar well in all circumstances, however it'd still be nice both team have equal chance of having Radar ships, irrespective if the player can really utilise it. 

Actually, that goes the same to torp DD VS Gunboat DD :(

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles
11 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Radar ships are quite dangerous to opposing team DD when they come with division mate, e.g. a DD to smoke them up etc. 

I do agree not all players able to utilise radar well in all circumstances, however it'd still be nice both team have equal chance of having Radar ships, irrespective if the player can really utilise it. 

Actually, that goes the same to torp DD VS Gunboat DD :(

This would require  abandonning of MM balance based on class for a MM based on ship roles and there are a lot of roles to be filled in a battle line that can potentially confuse the MM and make waiting time a hella lot longer unless WG reclassify ships with several combat  tags to go with them

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles
5 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Maybe go by nation?

MM already try to match nation in its line up calculation. However even that is not possible during low pop online hours

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
55 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

MM already try to match nation in its line up calculation. However even that is not possible during low pop online hours

I don't think it does. Do you have source where it says it does?

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

I don't think it does. Do you have source where it says it does?

One QnA by Octavian did said that MM partially try to match nations whenever possible , however it will not try for exact line up +-1 difference is acceptable

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
7 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

One QnA by Octavian did said that MM partially try to match nations whenever possible , however it will not try for exact line up +-1 difference is acceptable

I also seen in RU Q&A that devs don't want to overload MM by considering nations right now. So I don't know if Sub is speaking the truth or not. But I still see it regularly that one team only got IJN DDs and the other one got US and KM DDs. Not that hard to see in high tiers, specially with all those Harekazes out there.

1,498 posts

They should have radar ships balanced in teams as much as possible.... Even if they are crap at radar ships like me lol ( I get deleted when I get close to use my radar)

Ordrazz

356 posts
7,102 battles

Id like to see the radar range reduced a bit on some ships. Since the removal of invisi-firing DD have a hard enough time as it is. I also think maybe reduce the detection range when firing for DD to something like 95% of full range. So DD can invisi-fire but only at close to full range when its a bit harder to hit targets, Just a thought.....

WG Staff
6 posts
1,376 battles

I actually talked about this in the previous Japanese dev Q&A.

Matchmaking with Consumables would make things too complicated and would probably delay the matching itself.

The devs however did state that they want to balance the consumables so they don't affect the games as much as they do now.

19:00ish
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157250181

227 posts
2,651 battles
On 7/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, icy_phoenix said:

I also seen in RU Q&A that devs don't want to overload MM by considering nations right now. So I don't know if Sub is speaking the truth or not. But I still see it regularly that one team only got IJN DDs and the other one got US and KM DDs. Not that hard to see in high tiers, specially with all those Harekazes out there.

Still, without proper ranking or implementing of ELO system, MM would be screwed, periods. ROFLSTOMP when one side get like 5 purple, another one get 5 with less 10 battle in the ships, the result? go figure.

8 hours ago, dojoloach_wg said:

The devs however did state that they want to balance the consumables so they don't affect the games as much as they do now.

Still waiting to have a DFAA on akizuki, look how USSR DD get DFAA while AA ship like Akizuki dont get one