You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Loshirai14

A way to balance RDF/Keen Intuition

45 comments in this topic

345 posts
3,668 battles

GIve RDF a range limit of around 8 to 9 km. If a ship enters that range, the RDF fire up and will start pointing at the general direction of the enemy ship.

The current RDF is just too OP and the only ships that will benefit from it are RN Cruisers and Gunboat DDs. BBs won't need it.

To be honest. WG should just remove it entirely or replace it with something more logical. But if they don't want to remove it, balancing or changing it's effect entirely is the best way.

Edited by Loshirai14

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

GIve RDF a range limit of around 8 to 9 km. If a ship enters that range, the RDF fire up and will start pointing at the general direction of the enemy ship.

The current RDF is just too OP and the only ships that will benefit from it are RN Cruisers and Gunboat DDs. BBs won't need it.

I don't even think this kind of skill should be in game.

Spotting you permanently means eliminating any chance of surprise attack and less fun on archipelago.

345 posts
3,668 battles

I don't even think this kind of skill should be in game.

Spotting you permanently means eliminating any chance of surprise attack and less fun on archipelago.

If WG doesn't want to remove it, balancing it is the best possible way

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if they limit the range to 8 and 9 then there will be even more information it will give. it will became more useful for radar cruiser like USN and RU as the skill pop it will tell that there is an stealth enemy within that range.

just remove it. what is the point of F3 torpedo if this skill exist. even high tier usn BB stealth build that rely on positioning, ambushing unaware enemy are negated by this skill. how can they possibly catch enemy off guard if this skill exist.

Edited by yansuki

345 posts
3,668 battles

if they limit the range to 8 and 9 then there will be even more information it will give. it will became more useful for radar cruiser like USN and RU as the skill pop it will tell that there is an stealth enemy within that range.

just remove it. what is the point of F3 torpedo if this skill exist. even high tier usn BB stealth build that rely on positioning, ambushing unaware enemy are negated by this skill. how can they possibly catch enemy off guard if this skill exist.

Let's just hope WG removes it or replace it with something more logical.

1,162 posts

I prefer this skill only can be activated after you spot the ship and only lasts for a specific moment like 30-40 sec only, and if you want to activate the radio again you or your allied need to spot the enemy ship again. Radar spotting doesnt count, you need to hard spot them.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

WG dev. perhaps only one job :   IJN DD  u suffer; & u suffer & u suffer....................& u suffer .............∞∞∞∞∞ :(

you forgot cv

Super Tester
234 posts
5,889 battles

A suggestion on RDF:

make RDF range to 2/3 km. i know that i useless but keep reading. every ship has a detection range. for example kamikaze has 6km range. so, when kamikaze is way 8/9km depending on the range of RDF away it will show where the nearest enemy is. otherwise it wont work when the ship detection range is away from the rdf range. thus it would be neither op nor useless.

250 posts
13,188 battles

I'd rather say leave current skill as it is. Do not change anything but add up some reliable skill instead.

This Captain skill change is kinda mess up like

- Buff BB a bit too much

- Massive nerf to Destroyer (I'm not talking about RDF but BFT).

- some skill is nonsense to have in the game (even IRL).

- nerf CV even more. 

- only good thing I saw is reduce level of some very important skill from 5 to 4 but that's nothing to compensate the mess they have done.

I very appreciate that WG wants more dynamic gameplay but messing up something never going to be healthy to the game. 

1,126 posts

if the enemy you 'see' are 10 km away, yet indicator point other direction into nothingness... is 100% DD were try to sneak around,

and thus.... hit the radar, that DD is a dead meat....

Edited by PGM991

54 posts
7,230 battles

Personally, I believe it's currently OP like crazy, and will be the new default skill for most players. If it goes into the game as is, I see DD's hiding behind everyone, not willing to take points, and the other ships all balling up in spawn not moving because they don't have a DD in front to scout. However, rather than remove, if it was rebalanced it might be ok, by giving some form of trade off.

I don't think a range limit is the answer. As others have said, that actually makes the skill even more powerful in some ways (you know when to pop radar/hydro, you know that unless it goes off you're not likely to be torped, etc).

However, What if instead of being a constant bearing to the nearest ship, it was a bearing on nearest ship taken every 60 seconds or so (time between pulses can then be balanced one way or the other)? Yes it would still be effective and have some attractiveness, but at the same time it allows the one being spotted some opportunity to counter in some way by altering course or something, and also gives some time for them to get in close and launch between pulses (not much I know, but it's better than the skill now, and they'd have to be pretty good to get the timing right between the pulses).

Anyway, that's my thoughts on a way to keep it but not let it be the massive advantage it is now.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

This is not the only change planned. It’s not like we’re going to solve all current challenges with skills – watch the news. There will be more changes. Sorry, but this is living, breathing online game and it should be developed, tuned, tweaked, changed. “Don’t touch something that works right now” is not always good choice. These changes were made because we saw some potential to improve current design and because we believe leaving this stuff as it is may have bad influence on meta in several months.

:great:

Edited by blacknoheart

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

Remove it, never propose it again.  It negates a major part of the skill play in the game.  It doesn't matter what ships you like to play, this skill is bad for the way each game plays out.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,323 battles

Just remove this skill, end off. It's not even close to a discussion of rebalancing it. Screw those youtubers saying it's fine.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

Just remove this skill, end off. It's not even close to a discussion of rebalancing it. Screw those youtubers saying it's fine.

Those are click baits, to get views
Edited by R3negade

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

nice to see IJN DDs getting hit by the nerf bat again, gives the game a sense of consistency (IJN DDs getting nerfed to high heavens and BBabies getting catered to)

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

nice to see IJN DDs getting hit by the nerf bat again, gives the game a sense of consistency (IJN DDs getting nerfed to high heavens and BBabies getting catered to)

Honestly, RDF is a skill that is better used by DD and CA, not a BB.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Honestly, RDF is a skill that is better used by DD and CA, not a BB.

Why not? It could help them maneuver around islands without needing to slow down in anticipation for torpedoes that may or may not be there anymore.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

Why not? It could help them maneuver around islands without needing to slow down in anticipation for torpedoes that may or may not be there anymore.

i'm assuming here those BBs are staying clear of the front line?!!

aggressive BB players need them

or that 2 plane thing

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

i'm assuming here those BBs are staying clear of the front line?!!

aggressive BB players need them

or that 2 plane thing

Those that are behind the front line could have a good use for the skill too. Like, when a DD sneaked closed enough, away from the team, to torp him from the sides.

A white slash that isn't pointing towards the enemy cruisers and BBs would show the BB where the DD is.