You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Aigis_

Someone found Musashi.

43 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

The ship that never fired he Main gun towards the enemy?:trollface:

'' Musashi fired sanshikidan shells from her main armament "

Yes, yes she did fire her main gun :E

i wonder from this discover, how will the Japan people react :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

'' Musashi fired sanshikidan shells from her main armament "

Yes, yes she did fire her main gun :E

i wonder from this discover, how will the Japan people react :teethhappy:

:great: Muhahahaha Murica!

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

although raise her up would be a big problem...

This was news way back. Japan offered to pay a good sum of money to have Musashi raised and erect a memorial for her right here in the Philippines. They would turn it into a tourist attraction complete with an Airport, commercial centers, hotels, etc... Japan was also willing to rehabilitate the environment from the wreck but some BS Philippine Politicians (I'm looking at you Loren Lagarda) and misinformed tree huggers cried foul.

Edited by Saito_Himea

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

well now with the confrim of founding Musashi maybe Jap goverment will recosider

let hope for dat :E and no fillip politican this time

I hope so. PH sea has alot of Japanese ships. IIRC Shimakaze is just around the bay :v

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Wouldn't raising her be disrespectful to the 1000 sailors who went down with her?

It would, and I doubt the Japanese government will allow it. May the Rest In Peace

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

yea i agree,its a war grave and should be left alone in my opion,maybe a special service for any relatives to lay wreaths at the site would be an awesome thing for the goverment to do

Beta Tester
148 posts
7 battles

Wouldn't raising her be disrespectful to the 1000 sailors who went down with her?

I'm sure all 1000 of them probably already have went to heaven/hell/reincarnated/playing with 72 virgins or whatever your religion believed by now. I'm sure they won't mind.

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Yeah I'm sure the Chinese would really love a Japanese memorial/museum in the Philippines (or anywhere else for that matter)

China Invites World Leaders to Military Parade to Mark WWII
Don't Miss Out —  Follow us on:  Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube
by Bloomberg News
11:59 AM AWST March 3, 2015

(Bloomberg) -- China will invite world leaders to attend its commemoration of the end of World War II this year, which will include a military parade and emphasize Japan’s defeat.

It’s the first time the government has invited foreign leaders to attend such a parade, which display soldiers and military hardware such as tanks, missiles and fighter jets flying overhead, and previously have been held only to celebrate China’s National Day.

The “grand commemorations” of China’s “War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression as well as the World Anti-Fascist War” will memorialize the history, honor martyrs and cherish peace, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said late yesterday in a statement on the ministry’s website.

The event risks further straining relations between China and Japan, which invaded the country in 1937 unleashing a conflict that killed millions of Chinese before Japan’s defeat in 1945. President Xi Jinping has called on Japan to do more to atone for its role in the war, and led a ceremony in December to remember the victims of a massacre in the city of Nanjing.

Leaders from major belligerent states in the war, international organizations such as the United Nations and “foreign friends who contributed to the victory of China’s war of resistance or their family members will be invited to these events, Hua said in the statement.

Since Xi took power in 2012, China has raised the profile of commemorations to mark major wartime events amid a downturn in China-Japan relations.

The relationship between Asia’s two largest nations has deteriorated since 2012 over a territorial dispute in the East China Sea, and a visit by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to the Yasukuni Shrine, which honors Japanese war dead including 14 Class A war criminals from World War II.

To contact Bloomberg News staff for this story: Keith Zhai in Beijing at qzhai4@bloomberg.net
To contact the editors responsible for this story: Andrew Davis at abdavis@bloomberg.net Greg Ahlstrand, Douglas Wong

Dan

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

Recovering Musashi's bell or ground tackle for an onshore memorial would be in keeping with tradition, an acceptable way to commemorate and remember.