Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Why is every high tier map catered to Battleships?

24 comments in this topic

127 posts
6,502 battles

Errr..... What game are you playing? Wows only have 1 open ocean map. 

Mountain Range, Okinawa, Tears of the Desert, Trap, Atlantic, Warriors Path and all the other high tier maps have virtually zero cover for Cruisers.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Go grind a battleship and play it for yourself, and you will find many maps do have a lot of islands.

And not all cruisers like islands. Des Moines surely LOVE islands, but Zao prefer open waters.

Also, KM battleships can use islands to get into their effective range.

So open water isn't a "meant only for all battleships"

OCEAN MAP BEST MAP

Edited by _Halcyon

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

EVERY SINGLE MAP IS JUST OPEN WATER, OPEN WATER AND OPEN WATER.

Sick map design, WG. You guys truly know what you're doing.

can you tell me atleast 1 aspect of the game that you like? cause i see you complain about things that other player dont have trouble with.....

i was try to deduct if the game was broken or your mind is....

40 posts
2,588 battles

Mountain Range, Okinawa, Tears of the Desert, Trap, Atlantic, Warriors Path and all the other high tier maps have virtually zero cover for Cruisers.

All of the above maps have adequate cover.  Some of them have a lot of cover.

Concealment is manageable on ocean (no cover).   I've even survived and been useful on ocean with a papercola, which is a ship that is almost impossible to manage concealment for - when I was playing it, ocean used to spawn far more often than it does now.

I also think that if every cap point on every map had an island for a loopy shell cruiser to stand behind, then all that would ever happen is cruisers would move to those islands and the game would just stagnate.  it would not even be fun in a cruiser, since all cruisers would be behind their island and none would be visible for you to shoot at from behind your island.

Lastly all cruisers can reveal themselves to deal damage in ways and at times that makes them low priority or pointless for BBs to shoot at, and its part of the skill of playing cruisers and DDs.  if you don't have an island, then your team mates, your ability to estimate positions of unknown as well as visible enemies and knowing your concealment range are the tools you need.  Its even handy for concealment BBs like the NC.

161 posts
5,147 battles

EVERY SINGLE MAP IS JUST OPEN WATER, OPEN WATER AND OPEN WATER.

Sick map design, WG. You guys truly know what you're doing.

wg add  mustafar on wows i hate openwaters map :trollface:
Edited by MiniMisaka

127 posts
6,502 battles

All of the above maps have adequate cover.  Some of them have a lot of cover.

Concealment is manageable on ocean (no cover).   I've even survived and been useful on ocean with a papercola, which is a ship that is almost impossible to manage concealment for - when I was playing it, ocean used to spawn far more often than it does now.

I also think that if every cap point on every map had an island for a loopy shell cruiser to stand behind, then all that would ever happen is cruisers would move to those islands and the game would just stagnate.  it would not even be fun in a cruiser, since all cruisers would be behind their island and none would be visible for you to shoot at from behind your island.

Lastly all cruisers can reveal themselves to deal damage in ways and at times that makes them low priority or pointless for BBs to shoot at, and its part of the skill of playing cruisers and DDs.  if you don't have an island, then your team mates, your ability to estimate positions of unknown as well as visible enemies and knowing your concealment range are the tools you need.  Its even handy for concealment BBs like the NC.

You're officially the dumbest person I know if you think Mountain Range has adequate cover.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Des Moines player here.

Most of the high tier maps have enough cover (except Ocean) for me to abuse islands.

I don't see the problem here.

And open water favors BBs AND DDs. Don't forget DDs. My Gearing loves wide open avenues for silly 16.5km torpedoes with 1.4km detection range lol.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

You're officially the dumbest person I know if you think Mountain Range has adequate cover.

This map has good Island cover on the West & East where you can support A & C with little difficulty while the Islands down the middle can be used as cover to get get into flanking position when the enemy starts to bottle up.

And regarding this above comment if you didn't want anyone to express thier own opinions you should have made that known at the start of the thread.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

In other words,

You lack the battle awareness to dodge enemy shells in high tier open map to the point you heavily dependent on covers to save yourself & you need more guidance?

Is that what were you saying? Yes, that's how I interpret it.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

In other words,

Is that what were you saying? Yes, that's how I interpret it.

Reminds me of a player on the NA forum,complained Tirpitz is a bad ship and he kept getting wiped out in it.When a few of us told him how to use it properly by angling and only swing the back out when he was ready to fire to reduce damage taken,he said 'how do I fire ALL my guns if I am not sailing broadside?"!

Still didn't get it and sold the ship.Of course went on the buy others and whinge about them to!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

mountain range, oh how about the big divider islands in the middle, or the two stupid patches of islands on the sides? if you have no idea how to use them then you are the dumb one, stop trying to bash other plays to cover up for your own incompetence and learn how to play on the maps

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

As a side note isn't most of the Ocean not covered my Islands ??? But expect every map to have heaps of Islands like Warriors path with a multitude of Islands ???

1,486 posts

Well.....

Unless there has been some special development tha allows ships to sail on the ground, or in the air like the space battleship yamato, i kinda think that water (ie. ocean) is a pre-requisite

Ordrazz

:teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this