You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

When you get a Kraken and Lose

55 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

So I've had some good games recently and even got myself a pair of Krakens which is always pretty difficult to get but my problem is that when I do get a Kraken my team always loses. You feel yourself getting on a roll your shots are all hitting your getting Citadels left right & centre, capping bases, defending bases and sinking any ship within range basically a 1 man show.

Then you look at your team DD's who refuse to cap, the BB who refuses to let his ships paint be scratched, Cruisers who don't know when to push towards a cap to put pressure on the enemy ships (and this is the good news). And then we have the other half of your team who have lost the will to live and die within 5min of the battle with enemy torp walls catching them off guard, devastating strikes occurring and the dreaded Detonation (Fun & Engaging) at which point you know deep within you that the game can't be won.

As a result of many games like this recently me and some Div mates have had to revise what amount of damage we need to carry a team like this, previously we thought around 300k damage should be more than needed but we now think we need to push towards the 400k mark :smart_fish:

So show me your failed carry Kraken so i don't feel alone in my despair. I will get us started with a couple of my own :facepalm:

C5EctSs.jpgt9vXEWu.jpg

326 posts
10,532 battles

When you cap with your BB like a boss & ignore the shells coming through you. You just got kraken and suddenly......

OOOHHHHH NOOOOOOO....... :red_button:

cIDQe5a.jpg

End of the match btw

UxoDCI7.jpg

But 200++ hit with secondaries gun with Bismark make me feels good.......:trollface:

Edited by ArchKongou

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

yeah.. this happen. aalso i notice that when the team acting together, we can win but the kill is spread into the team... 

personally  dont care about kraken, i always prefer a good teammates that can win as aa team instead of a match where i  play like 1 man show...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Sorry, I think it's gonna be difficult to beat this heartbreaker of a game. Look very closely at what killed me.

lKhm0L4.jpg

It's an allied Farragut.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Sorry, I think it's gonna be difficult to beat this heartbreaker of a game. Look very closely at what killed me.

lKhm0L4.jpg

It's an allied Farragut.

report him!!!!!

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Man that must have been heartbreaking ROFL.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Not a kraken in this one Bob, but yes i was frustrated that i did so much damage and the team either melted or sniped from a flank. But that happens at times!

e0rE76d.jpg

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles

sunked 6 ships with budyonny, support my team and carry hard till the end but didnt get the win

makes me so sad at least some players in my team acknowledge my effort and say thank you to me :)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i needed 1 Fing second to kill a myoko and turn the game around and to get a kraken, and then the NC that steamrolled my team pretty much singlehandedly finished me off.shot-16.08.14_17.21.03-0332.jpg

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

This is 1 instance when i got my Kraken but still lose because of a friendly Nagato refuse to push up and let me and other CAs tank all the damage while he stayed behind and farm damage from sniping. I pushed up and finish the heavily damaged ones while tanking the damages too....

nQSs9bn.jpg

420 posts
20 battles

I experienced the reverse situation.

I am dead.

Enemy Zuiho got Kraken !

My team devastated, only the CV alive.

Enemy still has 5 ships.

He got 2 torpedo bombers on his tail.

He struck by 3 torpedoes.

We won by points !

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Well time for an Update in this thread as i just had an absolute shocker of a team who threw away a Victory I single handily won for them. One of my better Belfast games where i took on an entire flank with only 1 other ship in support and i killed them all only for my team to Potato and die pitifully :facepalm:

jvUsVqP.jpg

vnZnhZR.png

1,105 posts

Well time for an Update in this thread as i just had an absolute shocker of a team who threw away a Victory I single handily won for them. One of my better Belfast games where i took on an entire flank with only 1 other ship in support and i killed them all only for my team to Potato and die pitifully :facepalm:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22849-sharing-replay-potato-hiryu-vs-kraken-nagato-epic-draw-v/

you must see that replay :V

epic nagato carry

341 posts
4,020 battles

Guilty confession, quite contradictory to what everything everyone else here says. 

My lowest damage Kraken (and second one ever) happened in my Aoba quite a long time ago.

5 kills... 28k damage. My team that lemming trained the west side of the Fault Line Standard Battle somehow utterly stomped the enemy. 3 crippled cruisers at each less than 10k HP each, along with 2 moderately healthy DDs snuck away from them and all came up the corridor in the east one by one. Me, being a total coward potato back then had been camping base alone with little contribution and I proceeded to killsteal all the cripples coming up one by one.